You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Skelleton Knights in the Crypt ignoring AC  (Read 1186 times)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Skelleton Knights in the Crypt ignoring AC
« on: June 21, 2018, 08:43:29 AM »
Hi friends.

This bug pains me greatly - I pride myself on having never died on this character in the morning lord crypts. But tonight, I encountered a swarm of Skelleton Knights that ignored my AC. They were hitting me as if my AC were 25, so 26 and better would hit, and below that would miss. I had an AC of 34, and there is no reason that a level 16 paladin should have fallen to six or seven skelleton knights.

Spoiler: show

Another thing I noticed when we died was that my shield went back into my inventory instead of dropping. Another guy lost all his gold when he died and didn't create a backpack. I am sure these two issues are unrelated to the attacks ignoring my AC.

My AC was comprised of Gear, Divine Shield, Spells.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Chabxxu

Re: Skelleton Knights in the Crypt ignoring AC
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:59:25 AM »
I am not totally sure, but i think things like dodge AC, divine shield AC are not counted when you are being flanked since you are flat flooted. This could explained why you were getting hit with lower numbers.

Nurlithion

• Undead Slayer
  • Player name: gfgfgfgfgf
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 10:46:35 AM »
You're not supposed to be flat-footed just from being flanked, the attackers just gain +2 attack. It's a common misconception due to Sneak Attacks triggering when the target is flat-footed OR being flanked, but the latter doesn't result in the former automatically.
Soren d'Deneith - Eberronian human two-bladed swashbuckler, headstrong but good-hearted and strong of arm.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 08:53:14 PM »
I was swarmed, but not flanked. Even if I was, that's 9 AC that was being discounted, I also have the Back to the Wall feat, which would have given me a +2 to the AC when my HP dropped, bringing it up to 36 AC in that situation - and making it impossible for them to hit me even more so with low rolls.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.