You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A Curious Set of Flyers  (Read 1455 times)

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
A Curious Set of Flyers
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:35:05 AM »
[A few notices can be seen pasted around the more well-to-do parts of Dementlieu's capital, Port-a-Lucine, with some others being placed around the encampment maintained by the Vistani in the Mists. They all read as follows:]

I, Verinne van Haute of the Theatre de la Cathedrale, seek out a pair of gloves covered in steel, often referred to by most as "Gauntlets of Tuning". I will pay a rather sizable sum for them. If you happen to own a pair and would be willing to part with it, I would highly recommend leaving word for me at the Theatre de la Cathedrale or at the Jalabert Estate so that we may meet in person and negotiate the sale.

In addition to this, I am collecting what are frequently called "Quills of the Dramaturge". Should you happen across one, don't see it pawned off for a pittance. Hold onto it and give it to me, for I am willing to pay two thousand solars a-piece for these treasures.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:51:45 PM by Better Dread than Dead »

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
Re: A Curious Set of Flyers
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »
[A few, newer notices can be seen pasted around the more well-to-do parts of Dementlieu's capital, Port-a-Lucine, with some others being placed around the encampment maintained by the Vistani in the Mists. They read as follows:]

I, Maîtresse Verinne van Haute of the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, continue to seek out what are called "Quills of the Dramaturge". Should you happen across one, save it for yours truly. I will offer you 2,000 solars for each you come across.

Furthermore, I ask for a master brewer to produce for me no less than twenty bottles of an elixir manufactured from what are known as "Dead Man's Tears". This elixir, when imbibed, sees the appearance of the one who consumed it made to resemble a cadaver. I should have to tell you how useful something like this would be, on our stage. Those wishing to fulfill this order should leave word for me at the Théâtre de la Cathédrale itself -- I shall pay you 5,000 solars, total for the trouble.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:07:34 AM by Better Dread than Dead »

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:12:14 AM »
[New, fresh notices can be seen pasted around the more well-to-do parts of Port-a-Lucine, with some others being placed around the encampment maintained by the Vistani within the Mists. Printed on expensive-looking stationary, they read as follows:]

I, Maîtresse Verinne van Haute of the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, require the services of a skilled alchemist. You will be paid handsomely in both solars and in what could be used as reagants. Seek me out on the terraces in the Quartier Publique, inside the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, or leave word for me at the Jalabert Estate.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:52:02 PM by Better Dread than Dead »

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 09:17:22 AM »
[A series of new, fresh notices can be seen pasted around the more well-to-do parts of Port-a-Lucine, with some others being placed around the encampment maintained by the Vistani within the Mists. Printed on expensive-looking stationary, they read as follows:]

I, Maîtresse Verinne van Haute of the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, have a rare treasure -- a rare magical ring that is highly sought after by those wishing to remain ever vigilant against unseen threats.

This ring is known to most as the Ring of Seeing Eyes. Through arcane means, it makes one with keen eyesight have even sharper vision. It also enables them to see in the dark. If you are interested in this trinket, see a letter with a serious offer delivered to the Théâtre de la Cathédrale. Be certain to include your name and your place of residence or lodging, or else another place you can be reached.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:00:45 PM by Better Dread than Dead »

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 04:08:04 PM »
[A set of new notices can be seen pasted around Port-a-Lucine, with some others being placed around the encampment maintained by the Vistani in the Mists. They read as follows:]

I, Maîtresse Verinne van Haute of the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, desire what is known as "Solomon's Powder". If you stumble across bags containing this curious spice, I will accept them and offer you 2,000 solars for each bag offered. I likewise continue to seek out what are known as "Quills of the Dramaturge" and will pay the same for those.

For the low price of eighty thirty thousand solars, total, I am selling all the equipment a sneakabout might require. This includes a Cloak of Stone, a Belt of the Wraith, a Suit of Skulking, a Hood of the Mouse, a pair of Boots of the Mouse, an Amulet of Mask, two Rings of Silence, and a Ring of Hiding. Those who have an individual offer they would wish to make for an item individually may leave a letter for me at the Théâtre de la Cathédrale, in Port-a-Lucine.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:06:04 PM by Better Dread than Dead »