Author Topic: An idea to get more ideas (PRC+Character Builder)  (Read 1628 times)

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
An idea to get more ideas (PRC+Character Builder)
« on: May 26, 2018, 07:43:18 PM »
Well people i'm the pseudo author of character builder of this server, that has been downloaded 757 times. The builders, we are not alone in the world, we are the world. Directly to my point....I'm working in a proposition that i talked the other day with arawn, and that has made me to explore the Player Resource Consortium, that i think have tons of things, ideas etc... this server is very interesting, but this can make in one even more than it is. So, i come here to ask some help how to make a character builder with the player resource consortium(PRC) with the restriction, scripts etc of this server. With this, everyone of that 757 builders could have a different idea what we need in this server, and the best thing, this ideas has been developed and ready to use. Tell me what you say and help me to do this. I hope that you can help me.

http://www.athasreborn.com/prc/manual/
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:32:25 PM by Arcibel »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: An idea to get more ideas (PRC+Character Builder)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »
So, i come here to ask some help how to make a character builder with the player resource consortium(PRC) with the restriction, scripts etc of this server.

Please elaborate. Perhaps a link to the PRC?

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 08:31:46 PM »
So, i come here to ask some help how to make a character builder with the player resource consortium(PRC) with the restriction, scripts etc of this server.

Please elaborate. Perhaps a link to the PRC?
http://www.athasreborn.com/prc/manual/
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortiums-prc-pack-v35

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »
To echo what I said on Discord: We've already considered all the PRC content  and decided against implementing it here. We may at some point in the future implement some of the same things they have implemented, but we'll do so ourselves and in a way that ties in with our existing systems and custom content. If you have specific suggestions, feel free to make them.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 09:49:37 PM »
To echo what I said on Discord: We've already considered all the PRC content  and decided against implementing it here. We may at some point in the future implement some of the same things they have implemented, but we'll do so ourselves and in a way that ties in with our existing systems and custom content. If you have specific suggestions, feel free to make them.

I knew it, but the prc is big and diverse and particular implementations can help this server to be a better one. For example, the actions of climb and jump, could be added to climb the walls of vallaki being a outlaw ot climb a mountain for hunt thing in the highness to use the advantage.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 10:45:04 PM »
Those things you speak of, jump and climb, are currently possible with DM oversight.  If they were implemented without it, they'd be used to exploit certain things as this server is not designed with taking those into account.  Sure you could alter the entire server to do that, but as there over a thousand areas to do that, its incredibly unreasonable to demand it.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 11:01:51 PM »

I knew it, but the prc is big and diverse and particular implementations can help this server to be a better one. For example, the actions of climb and jump, could be added to climb the walls of vallaki being a outlaw ot climb a mountain for hunt thing in the highness to use the advantage.

A suggestion: Why not take the character builder module you've made and make it into an actual playable module? Not anything big, but just an area or two. Then you can implement some of the things in it that you think would improve the server to demonstrate how they would work?

Finally, offer to share your code with Devs.

That way, what you are suggesting is not a bunch of work for someone else to do--as opposed to work they'd rather be doing. Because POTM is done on a volunteer basis, inevitably the Team is going to work mostly on whatever interests them at the moment. They will work on their vision, so it's up to you to get behind your own vision.

If you do good work, though, perhaps you would be encouraged to become a Dev yourself.

If you don't yet know how to do these things, then perhaps you could join with this group:

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=48350.msg598227#msg598227

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 12:59:42 AM »
Adding a jump or climb skill is not hard. Indeed, part of my dev application was a working grappling hook you could use to climb anything in the module. The devs decided against the implementation for the reasons Nem pointed out. There is nothing the PRC does that we do not know how to do. Our administrator is an active contributor to NWN EE. You are seeing the result of deliberate conservatism on the part of the development team. You are free to disagree, but understand it’s not an issue of capability or knowledge.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.