You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Idea for skill focus(feat)  (Read 1332 times)

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
Idea for skill focus(feat)
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:34:06 PM »
I dont know if you, but sometimes i had desired to get certain skill but for a class restriction, or cost so much or is not allowed, you cant raise points in that skill. So, how about to add as a new class skill if you choose the feat "skill focus"?

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Idea for skill focus(feat)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »
What you mean is, instead of the regular Skill Focus feat, a feat be added that allows you to select a non-class skill that you can then treat as a class skill?

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
What you mean is, instead of the regular Skill Focus feat, a feat be added that allows you to select a non-class skill that you can then treat as a class skill?
Nope, i mean that the feat of always, have the feature to open a new class skill for your pc. But  your point could be a solution.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:35:30 PM »
It's really too strong to allow under the current balance. Skill restrictions are a part of the class balance. PoTM gives players a lot of feats to play with, so it'd be no loss to spend one or two to unlock such key skills as Tumble, UMD, Discipline, so forth.

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
It's really too strong to allow under the current balance. Skill restrictions are a part of the class balance. PoTM gives players a lot of feats to play with, so it'd be no loss to spend one or two to unlock such key skills as Tumble, UMD, Discipline, so forth.
I think like you, that must exist a balance between the classes, but, i think that the player should make the unbalance. However, should be restrictions to this feat, and here comes what you say and roleplay restrictions, ex; a paladin shouldn't have available the posibility of  lock pick or imagine a mage with tumble something with no sense or a barbarian with spellcraft or give an extra skill when the base ability bonus  is negative.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:14:30 PM by Arcibel »