You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: List of upcoming changes/fixes - EE  (Read 5987 times)

yhposolihP

• New to the Mists
Re: List of upcoming changes/fixes - EE
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 02:27:57 PM »
"-Uncanny Dodge II (as per EE) now grants immunity to flanking and thus sneak attack from flanking except from rogues four levels higher than the character. This is hardcoded with EE".

Is it posible from EE choose this feat as class or general feat? because now is very powerful, for example, the barbarian gets a great improvement with this feat.

I haven't heard anything anywhere that makes the claim about the UD tree getting opened up (I doubt it will be, but you never know), but this is more of a bug fix than a decided buff. It had always been the intended effect of UDII to have that flanking immunity. It just never worked. Never officially fixed in a patch until EE. It's now more accurate to the PnP equivalent.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/barbarian.htm#improvedUncannyDodge

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »
*Dance around happily with his awesome Barbarian*

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 03:46:57 AM »
Ranger
-Further brought them in line with 3.5E PnP with the following changes:
-Hit Dice changed from d10 to d8
-Number of skills per level changed from 4 to 6 (6*4 at creation)
-Two Weapon Fighting moved from level 1 to level 2 and Improved Two Weapon Fighting moved from level 9 to level 6
-Removed Medium Armor Proficiency

On second thought, the underlined section makes me pause.

Rangers didn't have Two Weapon Fighting, they had a unique feat called Dual-Wield, granting them Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting. Have they lost access to Dual Wield, or has it simply been moved to level 2 and the wording was imprecise?

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 10:46:18 PM »
-Uncanny Dodge II (as per EE) now grants immunity to flanking and thus sneak attack from flanking except from rogues four levels higher than the character. This is hardcoded with EE.

Do we know if:

A) It is counting total character level, or class level of the class that granted it?
and
B) It is referring to sneak attacks from someone with rogue levels that is four levels in total character levels higher, or someone with four more rogue levels than the UMDII character? Or with four rogue levels higher than the UMDII character's class that granted UMDII?

I assume its probably "character level" in both cases, but it's worth inquiring.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2018, 10:46:44 PM »
Updated with the following changes:
-Monks' racial type will become Outsider at level 20
-Dragon Disciples' racial type will become Dragon at level 10

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2018, 10:47:59 PM »
Do we know if:

A) It is counting total character level, or class level of the class that granted it?
and
B) It is referring to sneak attacks from someone with rogue levels that is four levels in total character levels higher, or someone with four more rogue levels than the UMDII character? Or with four rogue levels higher than the UMDII character's class that granted UMDII?

I assume its probably "character level" in both cases, but it's worth inquiring.

Not entirely sure; the Beamdog release notes were fairly vague. I would encourage you to test in-game with two other players.

On second thought, the underlined section makes me pause.

Rangers didn't have Two Weapon Fighting, they had a unique feat called Dual-Wield, granting them Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting. Have they lost access to Dual Wield, or has it simply been moved to level 2 and the wording was imprecise?

Yeah, it's Dual-Wield.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 09:35:12 AM »
-Updated original post with updates to the Shadowdancer's Summon Shadow (fixing a few things, bringing them more in line with PnP)
-Added a cap to Mystic Rage's Spell Resistance bonus (28 SR or 32 with Channeled Rage)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 07:47:57 PM by EO »