Author Topic: Password  (Read 1857 times)

Brabeum

• New to the Mists
Password
« on: April 25, 2018, 05:48:11 AM »
New to NWN and this server, but a veteran of AD&D, Roleplaying, and Ravenloft has always been my favorite setting.

I believe I installed all the right files in the right hak/tlk/portrait/etc. folders but it says I need a password to play?

I've been reading these forums for hours now and can't find the info on them on what I do to get the password.

If someone could point the way for me I would really appreciate it.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Password
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 07:01:22 AM »
The server itself shouldn't need a password.

When the game requests your user name and a password, you can just put anything in the password field. The authentication servers have been down for a long time now.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 07:22:19 AM »
Unless of course you mean the server which is currently 'apparently' up via the Enhanced Edition searching.  This isn't for public use yet, its still in testing.  We haven't yet transitioned over.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »
Oh yeah, right.

There's soon going to be an announcement again with more details about EE, but at the moment we're looking at around a month - give or take - for migration, I believe. I might be wrong so don't take this as an official promise of any kind.

Brabeum

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 09:55:45 AM »
Yes, I meant the EE version. The server details just said to come here for information. But there is sooooo much information I could not find any relevant info, including the previous announcement, so I am not sure what you mean by transition or migration. Obviously you have been at this for a while.

I still can't seem to find the previous announcement. Are you having all of your players buy a EE copy of the game and migrate if they want to keep playing? Or will you be running both the EE and older version at the same time? Will they be able to move their characters with them or will they have to make new ones if they switch and thus the EE server be starting fresh? 

I've played on a few different PWs in the past weeks and just have yet to find the right one. The other EE Ravenloft server was empty, so I am asking because it would be nice to have some people to role play with. In any case I'll be sure to try it when it does become available, and will wait for the announcement if you don't wish to yet answer one or more of my questions here.

One last question that perhaps you can answer though: will the EE version have different hak/tlk/portrait/etc. files to install, and if not, can I leave yours in and still add others for the PWs I try in the interim? Until now I just got rid of the others before installing the ones for the next one as I knew I wasn't going back, so I don't know whether or not they will interfere with each other or not.

In any case, thank you for your time, and I look forward to hopefully enjoying your PW for years to come.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:58:25 AM by Brabeum »

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »
A lot of those questiond cannot be answered yet, because there is no announcement covering it all yet!  But two things can be confirmed.

Yes, everything will be going over to EE.  The old 1.69 server will cease to exist.  People will need to buy EE to play.

There will be a full vault migration.  People will be able to play their existing characters.  Things wont start from scratch.

As for the rest, well, wait and see!

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »
I still can't seem to find the previous announcement.

This is the previous announcement: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=48153.0

Are you having all of your players buy a EE copy of the game and migrate if they want to keep playing?
Yes.

Or will you be running both the EE and older version at the same time?
No - one server only and that's going to be EE.

Will they be able to move their characters with them or will they have to make new ones if they switch and thus the EE server be starting fresh?
Yes, characters will be migrated.

I've played on a few different PWs in the past weeks and just have yet to find the right one. The other EE Ravenloft server was empty, so I am asking because it would be nice to have some people to role play with.
PoTM peaks at around ~50-60 on USA times, I think, which is pretty good for NWN! There's always at least a few people around, even on weekdays in low EU hours.

We, of course, hope that EE might slightly pump these numbers up. ;)

One last question that perhaps you can answer though: will the EE version have different hak/tlk/portrait/etc. files to install, and if not, can I leave yours in and still add others for the PWs I try in the interim? Until now I just got rid of the others before installing the ones for the next one as I knew I wasn't going back, so I don't know whether or not they will interfere with each other or not.
You don't have to get rid of other haks/tlk/portraits to play on another server (unless the haks/tlk had the same file names, which is rarely the case). That said, I think that by most part the haks will be the same, though don't quote me on this..

In any case, thank you for your time, and I look forward to hopefully enjoying your PW for years to come.
No problem and thanks!

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 12:48:26 PM »
There's soon going to be an announcement again with more details about EE, but at the moment we're looking at around a month - give or take - for migration, I believe.

Wow, that soon? I figured that with all our custom content and scripts that things would take longer than that for migration.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman