Author Topic: Dat fat, fat loot  (Read 8910 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Dat fat, fat loot
« on: April 19, 2018, 02:26:16 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I can't remember the last time I got anything interesting in loot. Everything Iridni has was either crafted or given to her from buddies.

I don't even look in chests when I'm in parties and usually have zero interest in anything we find. If I want gold...well...killing dire wolves and worgs (solo) will be more profitable from their furs than going to a dungeon in a group. For low levels, fetch quests are way more rewarding.

I go to dungeons purely to interact with other players and to get XP from fighting the monsters.

So I'm wondering...do other players have this same experience? If so, it seems as though this is something that's out of balance. Because at least part of the D&D experience is treasure (even on a predominantly RP server).

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Dat fat, fat loot
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:44:24 AM »
Spearheaded by Dread, there's some on-going effort to balancing the loot tables by removing some items, rebalancing others, and introducing new ones.

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:19:11 PM »
Spearheaded by Dread, there's some on-going effort to balancing the loot tables by removing some items, rebalancing others, and introducing new ones.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:39:12 PM »
+1. You have all my love Dread.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 10:20:37 PM »
+1 Dread

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 11:23:51 PM »
+1 Dread

Also I very rarely get a good spawn for any dungeon, don't always get to do a dungeon but when I do the spawns are so low it's not worth it.

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 03:03:27 AM »
+1

J'qarr dropped 20k by level 5 for his kit. In the months since then, I haven't yet found anything in a drop that was useful, save for the odd consumable.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 04:29:03 AM »
+1 Dread

All more useful loot. Maybe some Falkovnian loot. Or Dwarven. You never know, just saying. Totally not an influenced request.   8)

wildflame

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 01:38:25 PM »
+1 Dread.

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »
+4.75 Dread

I don’t really collect loot, or know where to find it, or really even know what loot is - but I completely support this.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
One mans trash is another mans treasure, but still:

+1 Dread

Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

swizzlesaurus

• New to the Mists
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »
+4.75 Dread

I don’t really collect loot, or know where to find it, or really even know what loot is - but I completely support this.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »
Hello everyone. I have finished with Round 1 of my updates to the Treasury and loot tables. According to Tzaeru, we have added a staggering number of items -- 129, to be precise, with a variety of items for lowbies, mid-level character, and some rare finds as well. Enjoy!  :)

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »
Here, have a sneak-peak of what might appear inside a chest near you!

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 11:38:31 AM »
+2

Pav

• Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2018, 03:27:44 PM »
Amazing.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 08:49:34 PM »
Hello everyone.

With my update to the Treasury now in, I'd like to get feedback from the players about the sort of loot they're finding -- I've already noticed a few things that could perhaps be improved upon, but I'd certainly like to hear from all of you. Please answer the poll now added to the OP and tell me what you think! Are the things you're finding useful for your characters or others around your level? What things do you think we could use more of? What would you personally like to see more of?

Share with me your thoughts and while I can't promise I'll act on every little thing, your ideas and proposals will be given due consideration by yours truly.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Darkside of Heaven

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 09:33:03 PM »
Could we please see some more love for monks especially neutral aligned. There are gloves and boots for the good and evil but not alot in the same reguard for neutrals. And while glove enchanting its still in progress they fall behind a fair bit. Also monk is one of the harder classes to play would be nice to find loot that can balance them out a bit.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 10:32:33 PM »
Could we please see some more love for monks especially neutral aligned. There are gloves and boots for the good and evil but not alot in the same reguard for neutrals. And while glove enchanting its still in progress they fall behind a fair bit. Also monk is one of the harder classes to play would be nice to find loot that can balance them out a bit.

Mucho Macho Love for monk is coming very soon (*soon as in "next update" soon*). ;)
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Sinful Mystic

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 11:24:05 PM »
Hello everyone.

With my update to the Treasury now in, I'd like to get feedback from the players about the sort of loot they're finding -- I've already noticed a few things that could perhaps be improved upon, but I'd certainly like to hear from all of you. Please answer the poll now added to the OP and tell me what you think! Are the things you're finding useful for your characters or others around your level? What things do you think we could use more of? What would you personally like to see more of?

Share with me your thoughts and while I can't promise I'll act on every little thing, your ideas and proposals will be given due consideration by yours truly.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Dodge ac boots are so rare. There was a time you saw Sun soul boots and enchanted armour plated boots commonly enough you knew you could buy them if you put some coin together. Now I'm not sure they even drop anymore. I never see them and no one is selling them.

I'd also like to mention spell items for classes like paladin and ranger seem to be limited only to gloves, other options like rings or amulets might be nice.

Non necromantic low level wizard scrolls are strangely rare. I don't think I've ever seen a magic missile scroll or mage armour.
Celynna of Elevashe-inactive
Daly'rae of Zau'duis
Erika Tinescu-inactive

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 12:53:29 AM »
5 magical resist
Hope this shield will not be added?
Magical resist items is never good and balanced.

And I see what this sheild made from mithral.
My suggestion will be:
Instead of very powerful magical resist you can reduce weight and reduce all spell failure from shield.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 06:02:07 AM »
5 magical resist
Hope this shield will not be added?
Magical resist items is never good and balanced.

And I see what this sheild made from mithral.
My suggestion will be:
Instead of very powerful magical resist you can reduce weight and reduce all spell failure from shield.

That particular item’s a part of the rare treasury, meaning there is a 1% chance that the chest it is in will be pulled from. In spite of that, I’m seeing about retooling that shield for other reasons.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 07:02:31 AM »
Besides, removing spell failure from the shield flips it -entirely- from being an anti-mage shield and being a must take shield 'for' mages instead.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 12:11:17 PM »
For the shield, I would've rather seen a percentile immunity against Magic rather than full-on /5 resistance. That shield makes you entirely immune to force damage, meaning any core players who can get ahold of it (like other rare items) will be able to G Sanc and escape like the old days, instead of actually having to fear damage. IGMS can at most, do 5 damage per missile, maximized it does 5 flat. It would be more balanced to make it give a 20% immunity against Magic Damage, then at the least someone's shaving 20 damage off of a maximized IGMS attack. -- Or even a 40-50% Immunity, even.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 01:13:22 PM »
So far I've found mostly lower tier loot.  Admittedly, this lower tier loot looks pretty darn good so far.  The maluses are quite painful but not -cripplingly- so, but are certainly situational.  There are one or two items I'm questioning a touch, but I'm going to refrain from doing so fully until I've managed to secure more of the new items and judged a great swathe of them myself.  So far however I'm giving a firm nod of approval, based if nothing else on the fact that players are -eagerly- going out dungeoning looking for new stuff that they haven't seen before, let alone gotten to use.