Author Topic: Server Crashing - Losing Character  (Read 1151 times)

mordenknen

• New to the Mists
Server Crashing - Losing Character
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:21:40 AM »
Hello,

I am a new player, and have twice created a character, entered the world, and had the server connection go down, reset, and then when I log back in, the character I created is gone.

The first time I assumed it was because I had not exited the server to save, so when I created the characters the second time, I exited as soon as I got to the gypsy area, and logged back in.  The character was there.  Not 5 minutes later, the server reset again, and when I logged back in, the character was gone. 

This is not a good experience for a first time player on your server.  Can you help me out here on how I can create a character without losing it if the server resets?

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Re: Server Crashing - Losing Character
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 05:20:31 AM »
This is not a usual series of events, mordenknen. We dont crash this often with such severe roll backs unless there's a problem on the admin's end or where the server is being hosted. please bear with us. In the mean time, don't forget to join the discord where you can chat with the rest of us and hopefully recover this experience.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 10:05:30 AM »
You should not lose your character to a rollback, as the file is created as soon as you log in for the first time. Make sure you are using the same login each time. Even should this occur, all you have to do is log out and then back once your character is in game to guarantee it will never be deleted.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:20:17 AM »
That really sucks, I hope this will work out and won't make you turn away from the server. We can always us some new enthusiastic players.

And of course: WELCOME TO THE SERVER!!
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

mordenknen

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »
Thanks for the answers.  I got the character to show up when I came back the third time, just after posting this.  Dont know what happened to the first one.  I was using the same login each time, but thanks for the replies.  The server has a great feel.

RedwizardD

• Scrollord
  • Dark Power
  • Avoid Attention - Critical Failure
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »
It may be worth mentioning that your vault will appear empty while the server is still in the process of rebooting. Sometimes coming back after a short time will make everything re-appear,