Author Topic: In Game teleportation while loading  (Read 1091 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
In Game teleportation while loading
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
Dunno how to categorize this problem but left game last night came back should of been underground below the village of barovia. Instead got teleported to the mining camp in baratack which isn't my faction place (Vistani Camp). So as there was no dm on I attempted the perilous trek down the mountain. Manage to make it but died by a random arrow from the fight. Attempmted to respawn but instead of going back to the vistani camp again it spawned me in baratak mountain by the closest mist area. My main concern is that fro some reason reclogging in I didn't got to the ooc lobby and instead was teleported from my spot to Mt. baratak. Called for Dm, standing by until I have full health and attempting to reclaim lost gold and gear.  If a dm can assist me in game or anyone has any idea if this has happened before shoot me up a pm. Otherwise I think there is a bug when logging in as the last time I was in the mountains was with Zaryn before heading to the vistani camp and then to the village. Thought I'd come back there at least by the Wagons.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
Re: In Game teleportation while loading
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »
Underground? Do you mean you log out in hidden cave or abandone well?
If so then I can understand what happened. Your character have save stored location in mining camp.
So you probably log out in place what system counts as dangerous zone and system teleported you back in save location. Not faction one location.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Re: In Game teleportation while loading
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:53:36 PM »
Logging out in a dangerous area, dungeon, etc for more than 15 min, will respawn in you last stored safe zone. Safe zone are saved when you rest somewhere. The faction base point can only be accessed from the OOC area after a server reset as far as I know.

Also, everytime you rest in a zone that is a potential safe point, there is a message in the server chat saying that a new safe point was stored.

As far as I know, the system worked as intended there. You logged out in a zone marked as dungeon/dangerous/etc, and when you logged in again you were teleported to your last saved Safe Zone.

As for not going to the OOC Area, you never go there unless there is a server reset or if a DM teleports you there.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness