Author Topic: Villiage Girl  (Read 698 times)

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
Villiage Girl
« on: April 10, 2018, 12:52:33 PM »
Dear Diary,

So much has happened I do not know what to make of it all. The trip to Vallaki was full of surprises and opportunities.

After Father's death Mother matched me up with a Vallaki boy, but upon arrival I learn he has died of illness. The family wanted me to stay with them until his brother was of age but he is only ten. I'm sure they liked me but I think they liked my 250 fang dowry more. After toiling in the cheese shop all those years am I wrong to want to live for myself for awhile? To be free? I can do better than the ten year old son of a Dairy farmer.

So I took my dowry and moved myself in to the Broken Bell, and then I tried to find work. The first job I learned of was rat catching so I thought I would give that a try. It was disgusting. Not only the smell and the handling of the little dead rodents, but dark terrible things live down there, there is even a den of Caliban! I quickly decided rat catching was not for me.

Next I tried delivery work, it pays surprisingly well. The good jobs though are often stolen by Outlanders. They are always taking the food out of the mouths of decent Barovians. They infest Vallaki much like rats infest the sewers. Most of them are freakish. I have seen blue Fey, white haired women with gold eyes, Pitics, no end of bizarre aliens.

One day I had a lucky break and was asked to take mining supplies up to Krofburg. The mountains are beautiful! The air refreshing. It was a long trip taking almost the whole day, so that must be about 15 miles. When I arrived I was amazed by what I saw. Krofburg is essentially two towns side by side. One is the beautiful mountain town which before the silver was found was primarily a goat herding town. Cheese, milk meat and their famous Dark stout we're pretty much all there was there, but now I am seeing the silver mines changed everything and stole their tranquility.

The mining camp is a field of decadence one must cross to get to the town proper. Caliban and even Twists roam freely and openly, it is most shocking! Gambling, drinking, prostitution and drugs dominate the activity among the savages that dwell there, it would be unbearable if not for the charm of the town itself.

I finally delivered the crates of mining supplies and had a turn in fortune, one of the Garda, Valerica, is also from the Village. We became fast friends, her Uncle's shop being only a few doors down from Papa's.

She said there was a lot of opportunity there, especially for Barovians. I should go see the Burgomiester's Steward, she said and ask about a job. By chance though we bumped into her and sure enough she gave me a chance. I am to help provision the Garda and be go between with Vallaki and other towns. Who would have thought a girl from a cheese shop could one day be part of the Burgomiester's staff? It seems too good to be true.

I soon learned it was not without a price. A terrible monster called the Silent Scream haunts Krofburg. I had the misfortune of running into it during the light of day! I quickly fled this ghost like revenant and took shelter in the Burgomiester's house until it left. None of the girls there were at all surprised by my encounter. I was terrified.

Eventually though I made my way back to Vallaki to start precuring armaments for the Garda. I met some nice men, one from the Garda nameed Hubchev and a foriegner who is Editer of the local paper. I later met the pair again at the Broken Bell where we had dinner and drinks and talked the night away. Not only was it nice to have civilized company but they also provided me with some interesting clues about one of our missing Garda. I think Hubchev likes me.

Since then it has been a lot of travel and meeting a lot of people. Anyone who can provide information and goods we might need. Grada, Vardo Captains, even a Twist....it is all a lot to take in. Now I am also opening a booth for Krofburg at the Vallaki Trade Fair.

I'm going to work very hard so that the Steward keeps me on, save my fang and hope a nice man comes my way. It is exciting times but I also know deep down, they are also not without danger.

Tanya

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:50:42 PM by Sinful Mystic »
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu