Author Topic: Terrain and maps - criticism  (Read 858 times)

Fiznok

• New to the Mists
Terrain and maps - criticism
« on: March 20, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »
I've started to notice a bit of disparity in the layout of some maps versus the terrain. For example, the forests south of Vallaki contain multiple levels and sheer faces that cannot be traversed, but it is not reflected in the map at all. It's a small detail (and I've yet to explore a lot of the world at large) so I feel like I'm just nitpicking at this point, but I wanted to bring it up here just in case.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Re: Terrain and maps - criticism
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »
The maps are generated automatically within the NWN engine as the areas are made and laid out, they are not made separately by hand. So if something isn't reflected on the map, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it to change that, since maps are generated automatically from the area that was built. It might not show because it is a prefigured terrain from one of the haks, or because there's not a lot of ways to show multiple levels on a flap map without a ramp added to show there's a way up it. Hope that helps.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Fiznok

• New to the Mists
Re: Terrain and maps - criticism
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:02:13 PM »
Ah! Then disregard. I guess I'm criticizing the engine LOL. Thanks for the information, though - it really does help!