Author Topic: Additions to Hazlan  (Read 2105 times)

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
Additions to Hazlan
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:28:52 AM »
Hi!

I believe the sentiment I am about to voice has been made many times before, and likely numerous times by myself, but it's been so long that I'd like to make a reiteration of my question.

Is there any chance that Hazlan could receive crafting stations, a bank, and storage, as well as more NPCs to wander aimlessly in the towns that are there to make it feel a touch livelier?

I extremely enjoy it as a domain and I know there's no desire to split up the playerbase, but every now and then when we do get Hazlan dwelling PCs, they have to travel halfway across the Core to Dementlieu to store their coin and items, not to mention dyes and parchment. It seems a bit strange, and, I think that it is the only domain big enough out of all the others to actually deserve it (Dementlieu and Barovia notwithstanding.)

Any thoughts by the playerbase or Developer comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:02:38 AM by Pav »

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
Re: Additions to Hazlan
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:03:13 AM »
Yes, Hazlan always was feeling not finished.
There few huge empty zones like ruins, castle and other ruins which should be filled with something.
Village if I remember correctly already have some stations. Not all but some. And empty huge Ramulai - it is feature of this city, isn't it?

But in general, I think what Hazlan first should be finished with filling few empty areas.
And then added such small useless, because there is Vallaki and Port-a-Lucine nice things.

And for fairness then it is good to add bank/warehouse to each other domains which is missing.
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 03:53:29 AM »
And then added such small useless, because there is Vallaki and Port-a-Lucine nice things.

And for fairness then it is good to add bank/warehouse to each other domains which is missing.

It might be useless when you're playing an adventuring type that travels a lot, but some players prefer sticking to a domain and staying there for as long as they can, myself included. I just want the option to be available to stick to Hazlan if someone wants to.

Other domains, such as Har'akir and Sithicus, don't really have a point to having any of that; Har'akir (Muhar) is a village of two hundred people and already has its necessary merchants (which Hazlan doesn't), and Sithicus' only settlement is behind extremely high level content.

Ghastria and Blaustein are boat connected to Port-à-Lucine.

derkotushka

• Chaotic Evil
  • Undead Master
  • No, you are not special.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 04:24:41 AM »

It might be useless when you're playing an adventuring type that travels a lot, but some players prefer sticking to a domain and staying there for as long as they can, myself included. I just want the option to be available to stick to Hazlan if someone wants to.

Same thing can be applyed for any [insert your domain here].
Spoiler: show
And there is characters who is doing so and not complaining what there is disadvantages as not added features as bank/warehouse.
Blaustein easy can be used as place to store any illegal things just as Vallaki's drain.
For characters from Ghastria there also can be use of warehouse especially with recent little tension between Dementlieu and Ghastria.
Muhar already have nice camels, what they also need?
And Har-Thelen in Sithicus visited not so rarely and as I know some characters prefer resides here. And something tells me what sithican elfs can provide such serivce for sithican elfs and for high amount of gold to other adventures

But there is topic about Hazlan.
And yes, need more stuff to Hazlan!
С любовью, безымянная звезда.

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 04:36:55 AM »

Same thing can be applyed for any [insert your domain here].

Other domains are either filled with their appropriate necessities or are instant travel linked to one that has it.

And there is characters who is doing so and not complaining what there is disadvantages as not added features as bank/warehouse.

I think your wording could use some fixing, because this is a suggestion, not a complaint.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 08:45:36 AM »
From what i recall, Hazlan isn't finished. The person who was working on it stopped or left or something. But there were plans for it. Someone may eventually take over and continue it, or the person may come back. Would love to see it get more love as well, my character has explored alot of it. Was a bit sad when i found the gnome village but there was nothing there to do or even a place there to linger in for rp.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:14:20 PM »
I would love to see a more fleshed out/developed Hazlan. There's a big chunk of npcs without dialogue and the place has so much potential!

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »
I agree with Pav.

Though I'll note that banking, crafting stations and access to basic RP tools like parchment and dyes are the things I feel would be closer to necessary for sustained play in the domain. While it is feasible to seek these things abroad, I do find it personally a little disruptive to character play to travel to a place like Dementlieu for banking alone.

Background NPCs would also be neat but less important.

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »
Sadly this seems all a bit moot, without an active builder suggestions won't likely amount to much. I am sure there were plans to do much of what is being suggested but with the loss of the builder and no one to carry on, things will likely remain at a standstill? At least till the person returns or someone else steps up to take over. Some feedback from the staff might be helpful though as well? Doesn't seem as if anyone from behind the curtains has said anything.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 10:52:19 AM »
It is pretty much as you said Miuo. We all wholeheartedly share the sentiment that Hazlan should be better developed, but that is no easy task to accomplish. It would first require a solid plan of what needs to be done, and then having someone able to properly realize that vision with the toolset to toil on this (easier said then done). It is a colossal investment in time and when one comes to appreciate what is required to build areas on that scale, you can certainly appreciate how Hazlan is already pretty impressive as is. Alas with limited time, we must focus on projects we deem more important. That being said I certainly wish to revisit Hazlan in the future, but it's only that for now, a wish.

Something that may be helpful is to have more native Hazlani players in game despite the current lack of facilities. An area is always more likely to get more attention from us Devs if players actually use it. I therefore encourage you to band together and start playing more Hazlani natives, be they Mulans or Rashemi. The Orthodox Church of the Lawgiver and the Hazlani Red Wizards can certainly use new members.

If it may be of any help, do note that I am working on a project that will soon see Hazlan have its fair share of unique herbs for the herbalism craft, so traffic there should increase for more than just the dungeons (I hope).
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Mentalos Za'am

• Undead Slayer
  • The Red Academy of Hazlan
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 12:15:50 PM »
and the Hazlani Red Wizards can certainly use new members.
I play a Red Wizard, with access to the Red Academy. Mentalos is always looking for new friends.
Send me a PM.

Nazara Xethos - "House Za'am is as contagious as Lycanthropy. Get afflicted."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
As MAB said, for Hazlan to be expanded/further polished/etc, a developer needs to want to take upon that project. It's a massive undertaking and often developers prefer working on their own content rather than adding onto someone else's vision. Until a developer feels like doing that, it'll likely remain how it is.

Not to mention that there are no plans to give Hazlan full hub support; the server's population isn't quite big enough to sustain more than 2-3 hubs at a time.