Author Topic: Fast Travel between Vallaki and Krofburg  (Read 3365 times)

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
Re: Fast Travel between Vallaki and Krofburg
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 07:58:02 PM »
I was not suggesting that the subject was closed. However, when a figure as prominent and in this singularly responsible as DM Arawn presents very clearly the necesity of an aspect of the greater collective vision - in this case the isolation quality of Krofburg. That aspect of the discussion is more or less final. If we continue to present suggestions dependent upon the dissolve of this essential quality, then we are, at least in my opinion beating a dead horse. While everyone should always feel welcome to voice their opinions for the direction of the server in a respectful and constructive manner, I feel that we should also strive to be purposeful and productive in our remarks. In my opinion, at this stage of this conversation, any suggestion which does not explicitly account for the need to keep Krofburg isolated, is a less than viable solution. While I agree that respect and civility are always essential, I think it is important that we also consider that not every comment or concept may be particularly helpful at this stage in the discussion. Particularly if it just loops us back around to a more or less already closed matter.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 08:04:39 PM »
My personal opinion is only that, my own. The Team may someday decide to implement fast travel, and I cannot speak for them in this or any regard in which I am not specifically authorized to do so, though I will stick by the arguments I made above. That said, I think there is reasonably broad consensus among the Team that this is not something we want to pursue. Who knows, though, what the future will bring.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

A minor Glamour

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:40 AM »
I'd like it, for the simple fact it could invite more people up to Krofburg - which I love the idea of.

If it was implemented, I admit I'd like to see 'travel time' (much as what happens on the caravan to and fro from the Mist Camp) added to it.  I admit I'd also love to see that on the boat trips involving Ghastria, D'Loo, and the lake as well, a timed transition on a boat that ends with the departure.  It feels a little jarring to instantly teleport about in these instances, a few minutes travel time would still be quicker than going on foot in most cases and be a little more immersive as well.

This. I love this idea and it will definitely get more of us to Krofburg. I agree with the boat times 110% as well.

There should be a catch, though. I think these things could stand to be a bit more expensive. Perhaps even random highwayman encounters.

Seconded! Travel RP and encounters, ooh that would make me tingle with excitement.