You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: [Essays littered through the Vallaki-Wachter area]  (Read 986 times)

DM Samedi

• Ad hoc champion
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Undead Master
[Essays littered through the Vallaki-Wachter area]
« on: October 28, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
Quote from: Revelation of Dragos Cosovei
   I am Dragos Cosovei, son of Stefan of Sturben. Toret of the Lady and bearer of the candle.
   The word of the Lady came to me saying,
   "Go and Declare to my people the evils that they have committed against me, so that they may tell their children's children that the sin of their parents have increased in them, for they have forgotten me.
   When you were hungry did you not cry out to me?
   I pitied your groanings and opened the sky for your fields. I pitied your groanings and dropped dead the locusts that plague.
   Yet much like a child, the groanings of one lead to another. Rare was the pause to appreciate.
   How much longer must I endure them, of whom I have bestowed such great benefit?
   Go and declare to my people, that the sun will set and it shall never rise again."

"When you cow to the Legion and it's influence, did I send fire upon you for your blasphemes?
   I forgave. I showed Mercy. But a heart that bleeds is a heart that is wounded.
   My love for my people is as the fertile earth that bears great bounty for the man who tends it, but my earth lay salted.
   Go and declare to my people, that the mist will surround and suffocate."

"I cleared the fog from your minds so that you may see: as above, so below.
   But those who seek the sun, the stars, and the lady. Lay separate from the world.
   How many bodies have we to pass through, how many bands of legion, through how many series of repetitions and cycles of the stars, before we hasten to the One alone?
   Go and declare to my people, that the beast will rise up and consume man. And it will be difficult to tell who is beast and who is man."

"Was it not I who protect you during the ides of night?
   Was it not I who saved you during times of peril?
   Yet, still I have been forsaken, for my people have no conviction left in them to turn down the influence of gold or wine - of power or blood.
   Because you have forsaken me, I also will forsake you. When you beg mercy of me, I will show you no mercy.
   It is not as though you had forsaken me; you have forsaken yourselves.
   Go and declare to my people, only through the flames of conviction shall the sins of my people be purged."

"I brought my people up, to shoulder their burdens, to give commandments through my servants the bastions; but they would not listen to them, and made my counsels void.
   Upon you Dragos Cosovei, son of Stefan, of Sturben. My Bastion.
   Holy in that only by casting off something does one become greater. To purify the sins of this land a man must first purify the sins of his flesh.
   With Shield in hand on this fifth day of life I ask of you:
   Bring me back from the Mists so that I may show to my people their evils, they will feel the corruption in their hearts made manifest in the land.
   And a new holy land of the pure will be born from the darkness and evils. For Evil will consume itself and only the good and just will survive.
   Do not falter, Bastion Cosovei! It is always darkest before dawn, weather through the inhumanity."

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
Re: [Essays littered through the Vallaki-Wachter area]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
[More recently, these essays return in areas around the Wachter province...]
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."