You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A Suggestion about Monk Class  (Read 515 times)

Dharts

• New to the Mists
A Suggestion about Monk Class
« on: February 14, 2022, 05:59:48 AM »
Good day prisoners of the mist, i wanted to hear your opinion about the suggestion i will make for Monk Class.

I wanted to give different martial stances to monk with using its stunning fists uses. Here is the bonuses from stances that monk benefits.

-Monk gains attack bonus as her wisdom modifier for a duration. (Loses her AC  for duration.)
-Monk gains damage bonus as her wisdom modifier for a duration. (Loses her Ac for a duration.)
-Both of them wont be usable in duration, so character will have to choose one of them.

Im already aware monk is awesome class and put herself into many roles during adventures. And they still sharing the spotlight with all other classes. But since almost all classes having that kind of benefits that comes from theri class or umd, i wanted to give this chance to monk class with seasoning like this.

Please share your opinions as you desire.

Best regards.

-narwhal-

• Undead Slayer
Re: A Suggestion about Monk Class
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 06:04:23 AM »
sounds good, i would love greater flurry too ^

goblinjedi

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 06:47:47 AM »
Can add some Drunken Master's feats. A monk would benefit somehow that depends on certain feat he chooses, as long as he is in drunk.
And there are some funny feats like Noxious Breath, that basically you can vomit to your target and make him poisioned or sickened.
Also can add a flask/flagon/mug of endless ale/spirit/wine as a torch/flag type item, so they can drink from it all the time.

Cody

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 12:30:10 PM »
I think losing their AC would be too big of a sacrifice for an increase to attack or damage. They're pretty strapped for AC as it is while trying to maintain some kind of combat efficiency. I would never use such a thing on my own monk.

Being able to use a feat similar to this, as if it were some paladin/cleric's divine might feat, would be a neat addition for monks though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 12:33:45 PM by Cody »

mstrlzard

• Undead Slayer
  • ~Akadus~ "'Evening cutter!"
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 02:43:27 PM »
I love the idea of Monks just having real stances that decides the style of the monk rather everyone just having "Fire hands" or "Fire shields." I believe Monk in all deserves a remake in which they select monk styles as they level up in the form of monk specific feats. The ones listed by the op are pretty good examples.
😳

HirtZirk

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 08:31:23 AM »
Hello,
Personally I would like the idea of being able to have poison, blessing or other benefits (bludgeoning increase potion ...) that can be apply to weapond be applied to gloves (or at least the knuckles and gauntlets).
I really dont want to have to find a RP for a dual kama wielding monk .... ever  :lol:

also I am not sure if already the case but having fiery fist count as magic attack would be very fitting in my opinion (at least against damage resistant monsters). I dont have played this game long but maddened dead and were-stuff as I understand are total no go for UA monk but  just a silver weapond suffice for equally low level characters.

thanks you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 08:34:44 AM by HirtZirk »