Author Topic: Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Provenance to Embers  (Read 1866 times)

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Provenance to Embers
« on: October 05, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »

"Vector to a Memory theme"
Spoiler: show

Entry One:

It has been an interminable amount of time since I last kept a personal journal, I have found when reading old notes of mine from long ago it is as
though reading another’s inner thoughts, so foreign to me they seem; there comes a time however when one seeks the comfort of a fond memory;
which brings the light of other days long passed; reigniting old passions and lost ideas. Given my memory of late I think it best serves me to keep
one again.

It is the year 772 BC “Barovian Calendar”, I serve still as the loremaster of the Wayfarer Kinship in Barovia and as a scholar of the Erudite Society
within Port-a-lucine of Dementlieu, lands which have become my home.

Much has transpired during my tenure, from fighting creatures creeping in the night, lifting dark curses placed upon those innocents undeserving
to battling things unseen and tending to the young; all this has left me weary and worn as an old book whose bindings are giving way. 

I was born in a land known as Urnst, far away from the encircling mists, on the borders of the Mistmarch- ironically named. My father and mother
were known as Gildas and Isolde, kind people of simple lives who made the most of what fate afforded them; burdened yet by the ravages of a
land turn apart by war. I was not born alone however, shared was my birth with a twin sister, Gwendolen. Fond fading memories, of times long
passed.

So when I think of my childhood aeons ago and the journey I took to get here, to this moment today I realise the importance of such journals, for
else we might lose too much to a fading memory.

My name is Yunon Percival Ambrosius, a wanderer, enquirer of lost things and most importantly- a spinner of yarns.

"An incredibly antiquated and worn painting; numerous etches and marks cover it, titled simply Isolde, Gildas and Yunon with an engraving."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:44:40 PM by Ambrosius »

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - A Home Away from Home.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:48:47 PM »
Entry Two:

4th November 772 BC

Arduous my time here has been, much of it spent seeing to supervisory matters with the Wayfarer Kinship and Erudite Societies, however now
has come the time I part ways with my old position; surrendering it to new blood ready and eager, it is not for any negative reason I depart;
merely time and age, perhaps one day I might return to them but for now my duties lie elsewhere.

With that, should they require my aid; I’ll always be watching.

It is north in Barovia, far north upon the great mountain side my path dwells; barring my way is an abyssal chasm with howls rising from
fathomless pits but close by stands a lost temple still, frozen by time it marks my way.

It is here, in these abandoned halls, I and an ancient friend shall use our knowledge to commit an act of great transmutation upon the star-fallen
ore. I recall once when a curse had been placed upon an innocent but naïve young lady while wandering the misty pathways of this world, she
came to me as her many friends did; like distorted encroaching shadows asking for help in removing this darkly placed curse, thus restoring her
true form, the true form is what I hope to restore in this star-fallen metal.

My knowledge, my fading companion and solitude…arduous my path shall yet remain.

Entry Three:

25th November 772 BC

There hammer upon the anvil smote...Mithril in all its purest form.

Within hollowed but hallowed halls, we render ourselves to judgement, lo dark smoke exhales, from the mountain half and wind blows through hollow
dells. Skies ashen grey shall soon turn clear as day. Sparks leap and fly from the glistening ore as it sings its tone. Forging my works, divine! As bellows
erupt, with unbridled force and there in his bright form my companion hovered forth, like a gentle breeze across the cold stone floor, giving the last of
his fading light to imbue. It is done, and my work here complete.

My companion was a creature who in this world, mired by the encircling mists was but an ember; slowly wavering to the patient dark. His existence was
painful in this world, what sweet sadness his last act was a blaze of instant light, his dying ember wrought upon the ore; all sparks kindle new flames.

I now must write these hidden works within a Grimoire, so that his memory is not lost nor his act of sacrifice; for it shall have deep and
meaningful outcomes for all.

As always...each word I write is a piece of my soul, each book a piece of me; each word is as a dance weaving itself together to form such
meaning beyond our imaginations to countless generations beyond.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:44:18 PM by Ambrosius »

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Mystical Transmutation
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 11:00:15 AM »
Entry Four:

26th November 772 BC

So it transpired not long ago that I triumphed in the attempt of creating mithril; a complex labour of mystical transmutation. I find that everything is in
constant flux, from state to state, from good to bad and back again-, only in transmutation, lies truth. Because without birth and death, and without the
perpetual transmutation of all forms of life, the world would be static, rhythm-less, undancing and mummified.

What this means- the fact it succeeded is that adamantine is the transmuted form of simple iron; subsumed in fiendish energies; as it is known; fiends
cause reality wrinkles which is the sheer undiluted power of fiends, often warping reality around it. The more powerful the fiend, the larger the reality warp is.
An example of this is Perfidus; which has seen the entire land around it become barren and lifeless; corrupt. The meteors that fall carry with it iron, some alter
in a short time becoming the hardened material the ancient Dwarves call Black Iron. As I discovered a Dwarven grimoire which told the story of one smith who
sought to forge the best weaponry and armours for his clan, discovering this metal he began experiments upon. Only later discovering the origins of this metal.

As it is of fiendish origins, it can sway and strengthen peoples emotions, the more negative ones feel stronger while the positive feel distant.

The mithril however I theorised was in opposition to adamantine, the reason it does not appear naturally so often is because it is of Celestial origin, iron which
has subsumed in celestial energy. Like the Dwarven tome, I also discovered a similar one of Elven origin; namely the Ruar-tel-quessir which spoke of a place
called the Yuirwood, where Mithril was discovered, named the white iron.

And so I attempted to form the fabled mithril, for months I designed the process and searched for a place untouched by this lands corruption. I used all manner
of magics to ward and bar off the ancient site I had found; for many months I taught myself the processes of metallurgy and its many techniques. Eventually the
time came; forging my works, divine...I succeeded; though in preparation, I had not known what might come of the work, and so I left my position with the
Wayfarer Kinship so I might never endanger them from my own machinations. As it seems however- my work passed unnoticed and successful.

Now I turn to other mysteries on the horizon.

Entry Five:

20th January 773 BC

Having left the Kinship for a month and having finished my most time consuming work, I dedicated my time to making the Erudite Society functional in some
sense, it holds a great deal of work and passion from current and passed members that I'd like to see find some recognition. And so I intend to continue
on with an old periodical, containing segments of research members can contribute too; those interested in doing so of course.

It would be amiss not to mention I grow concerned for those in the Kinship; having learned so much has transpired there since my departure strikes me with
a sense of guilt; and the perception the Dementlieuse have towards the Wayfarers is indeed a shame. As I told my young ward; one day if the Kinship shall have
me, I will return. But for now they are always welcome to visit me.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:44:05 PM by Ambrosius »

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Cinder
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 01:43:41 PM »
Entry Six:

16th Febraury 773 BC

People having often abandoned what was visible for the sake of what was uncertain, and have not got what they expected, and have lost what they had-
being unfortunate by an enigmatic sort of calamity. Such was the evening in blue, which I now believe was a reference to lady Blue herself; the unseen fight
over her between Zephyr and Roquefort, such a clever ploy. To invite us with a smile knowing full well he had intended to massacre the lot of us.

Regardless, I fell- taking a few of the creatures with me; though I cannot help but feel defeated and aggrieved at those who I likely should not be. I awoke
after the slaughter, bloodied and soaked to the bone in the darkened streets surrounded by bodies- I saw not Agnes nor Zephyr, only Echo and a few strangers
who assisted me to my feet. Who knows what transpired after, as by the time I awoke everyone had fled in pursuit of Roquefort and his minions and my
former kin were no where to be seen.

Through these experiences I have learned not to trust people; I learned not to believe what they say but to watch what they do. I learned to suspect that
everyone is capable of living a lie. I came to believe that other people - even when you think you know them well, are ultimately unknowable.

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Ancient Apparatus and the Curse of Braga
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:49 AM »
"The Apparatus"

Entry Seven:

23rd February 773 BC - The Curse of Braga

Some secrets are best kept hidden, left buried and forgotten; what if those secrets can save a life and end that of a monsters- what do you do.
A question I am sure the young Willows, Ailne and Earebrithiel ask themselves. Two days ago I received a letter asking for some assistance,
upon meeting with them in the lodge they explained to me the nature of their endeavour. They spoke of a curse, a hag and an ancient device-
a device which they struggled to understand but through a withered and worn grimoire, had discovered this device might be able to assist in
lifting the curse placed upon an innocent since birth, and perhaps- undo the evil of the hag. After having discussed their plans and intentions
with me they took me to the site of the ancient apparatus.

On the way we came across a most peculiar sight, all around us in the trees were charms; hanging suspended from the branches. I took a closer
look and recognised these as ritualistic charms placed by the Hag to serve as a form of alarm should we disturb them- but whats more, they serve to
strengthen her, the more charms we encounter the stronger the Hag. They were formed of feathers and bone, children bones which have been the
victims of her sacrifices, a grim end for such innocent life.

When we arrived at the ancient ruin I was awe struck at the devices I encountered, from teleportation contraptions to powerful scrying orbs and below
all of this was the apparatus itself, at first glance I was reminded of the enchanting device within the University of Dementlieu, this apparatus was a
complex machination created by a twisted and genius mind. It stood thirty foot in height, and twenty foot around the base; a single glass globe rests
upon a tripod fifteen foot from the floor with a myriad of cold steel forged rings which top the enormous glass orb. The purpose of which seemed to
differ- it could cause a number of things to happen though all seemed to involve ones soul, much like the device within the University of Dementlieu,
the resemblance was something to take note of. Then I found the reason for the similarity, the enchanting device of Dementlieu was of course designed
and built in Il Aluk of Darkon before its destruction, and this -apparatus- was designed by Azalin Rex himself, as the grimoire revealed.

My companions set about uncovering and digging out this ancient site, while I took notes of the many devices and machines laid about, one more was
uncovered and though my friends could not make heads of tails of it- I think I have an idea, I'll spend tonight investigating it to see if my theory
proves true.

Marielle explained to me the hag, whose name I now know as Braga had been distrupting their dreams the past week, which is why they appeared
so worn and weary. And so now as I write this they sleep, I placed some protective wards to fight off the hags intrusions and allow my friends some
peaceful rest; I should remember to replace those wards when they begin to fade.

I hope this contraption proves able to remove the curse upon this Talissa, we shall see; in time... a note to myself, I'll not let this device fall into
hands who'd misuse it, under no circumstances; my companions and I shall see to that.
//OOC-
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:16:07 AM by Ambrosius »

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Nightmares and Dreams
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 12:03:30 PM »
"Braga the Dreamweaver"

Entry Eight:

28th of February 773 BC - Talissa and Braga, the Hag

Category: Hag
Classification: Unknown
Name: Braga

Braga is an ancient hag who was burned alive at the stake in Berez, though before she was executed she placed a curse upon a newborn;
who was birthed into this world at the same moment Braga was killed. The curse Braga placed upon this newborn was to serve her in death
with sacrifices, namely seven hundred and seventy seven. When this number of sacrifices is reached, Braga would be able to return. And so
over the course of many years the girl grew, named Talissa to serve her mistress unwillingly, transforming into a wolf and making many a
victim, even in death the hags evil grew while the duality of Talissa's existence continued. She was a confused and fearful young girl unaware
of her actions when she transformed; being wholly under the control of Braga though the scent of death followed Talissa wherever she fled; it
made her an outcast, untrusting and timid.

The nature of Braga became ever more apparent when my companion Marielle told me of the assault by Braga within their dreams, as they slept.
It reminded me of my research a while ago while I wrote a grimoire upon Hedgecraft, the excerpt goes as follows...

"It has been noted that Night hags are able to manipulate dreams, both of the cruel and innocent."

It is my belief Braga is able to manipulate what is known as the Nightmare lands, or she has some form of connection with it. I think she is on a path
to becoming a true Night Hag, finding immortality through it.

Entry Nine:
1st of March 773 BC, Return of Braga

With the map we previously discovered in hand, and with the understanding that we might only learn more of it from priests of the Village of Barovia;
it was there we ventured, speaking to a vicar of the Morninglord we discovered the map, otherwise as I thought the Astrolabium was used within an ancient
chamber below the temple itself. She also told us about the notes we had discovered before, that they belonged to a Father Benovich who turned against the
faith he once served and instead fell in love with Braga, serving her and starting a cult in Braga's service. However, we set about preparing for our venture down
into the crypts.

I knew this place well, having explored it to some extent in the past and directed my companions on retrieving the keys, within an hour we were prepared
and set to delve down- not knowing what we might find; but this map belonged to Braga and the map was used here...so down we went. Our exploration
of the old crypts were rather successful, Marielle, Ailne and Earebrithiel put to rest a countless number of the walking dead- until we encountered a man
Marielle called Raidon Kane; whom happened upon us explaining the mists had taken him and brought him before us- why, we had no idea. Though this man
left and so we continued on our way.

It was when we reached the doorway to the vault of attainment we began to feel uneasy, slightly wary- but quickly I led us through the maze like corridors,
showing my companions the large chamber, it was reminiscent of a sacrificial chamber, three alters all blood stained. We found dark scrolls, belonging to the
school of necromancy as well as some items belonging to the cult of the dusk; the opposing small cult built by father Benovich.

We continued on-

And eventually came across a hidden door, behind which a webbed corridor full of Braga's charms sat before us. We navigated carefully around the placed
traps; coming to a small study in which sat a shadowed creature, its red eyes glaring towards us- it spoke..."It has been so long since mortal creatures
dared come before me. Chant with me, let us bring Braga here and rejoice." He began to chant, as flames sparked up beside him- we set ourselves on him
blade and magic, but we felled him not; rather we fell or at least found ourselves...somewhere else; a dark realm, creatures soaring around us- we were
confused and sharing this same vision before awaking back within the crypts, within a ritualistic circle. I recognised the markings, making use of both an
inverted pentagram and the Triquetra, using this ritual- controlling the dreams of her victims, she is not fully a night Hag at-least I do not believe so- but becoming one, I am certain. Reborn as one perhaps.

The vision we had, the dream when Father Benovich knocked us unconscious is known as I understand as the Nightmare lands, a realm of terror, luckily not all
was in vein as I did retrieve a number of books, artefacts and even an amulet to halt the transformation of the lycanthrope. What I've never been more certain
of is that Braga is one step ahead of us- the map I believe was used to lure us here, to her twisted servant. We must be more cautious in the future.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:16:14 PM by Ambrosius »

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - The Stolen Child
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 09:08:37 AM »

Entry Ten:
10th of March 773 BC, The Stolen Child

As we emerged from those crypts we heard a scream and so rushed to the scene, a small cottage hidden behind the main street,
inside were two dead Barovians almost cleaved in twine- blood everywhere. It was as though emerging from one terrible scene to
the next in this Village. As I stepped further in, awaiting my companions I saw in the corner of the room a cradle, my heart stopped
for just a moment as I pondered the possibility of the sight I might see within, what awful thoughts. As I drew closer the cradle
appeared empty, both a feeling of relief and angst set over me, who had taken this child and why? it took me five minutes to locate
a trail outside, one male- heavily armoured and one female leading away from the Village towards Lysaga Hill. Had the Hag stolen the
child away? it seemed likely. I contemplated Raidon's involvement, remembering his desire to locate his dreaded weapon- and the
demons requirement of a sacrifice first, before helping him. Whats more is those two Barovians, the parents I assume had been almost
cut in two- as though by a glaive or another massive weapon; much like Raidon's.

With great trepidation and foreboding I rushed to Lysaga hill, hoping I'd find a means to rescue this infant from the clutches of the Hag.
I wish I knew where my companions were, but time was not mine nor this child's ally and so I rushed off.

Standing at the feet of the hill, I prepared myself with ward and weapon alike- making my way up, up the steep footpath of Lysaga hill.
The trail seemingly stopped atop the hill, with new footprints emerging from the trapdoor, wandering over and then returning- I assume
this was the hag given the prints in the mud looked like a females. Beside the area was a body, a corpse I recognised from earlier of
someone who had been caught in one of the traps upon the tser crossing. How it came to be here I do not know- though regardless the
focus was below the hill and so I made my way down into the darkened caverns.

I encountered a host of fiendish monstrosities, though luckily I had prepared and quickly put them down. Eventually after a few moments
I made my way into the large chamber, not seeing the child nor its captors- but rather the incarnation of that demon once more. It asked
I paid him tribute,and we spoke for a while- I asked him what it was he wanted and he said something bound to mortals; before I could
offer anything however he attacked- having cleverly waited till some of my core defensive's had faded with time. We fought though I was
forced to flee- but luck was on my side, for as I made my way out I saw both Marielle and Ailne climbing the hill; having seen me rush out
of town they had followed.

I explained to them I believed the child had been taken here, to the hag- the two rushed below, defeating the demon and locating the hag
herself. Clutched in both hands was the tiny porcelain-like fragile child; completely unaware of the danger she was in. We made no move to
attack her, for the child was firmly in her grasp; her claws hovering over the child's cheeks- ready, so that in a split moment she could end
the infants short unfortunate life. This hag was not Braga, much to our relief- but another of the vile creatures called Baba Zelanna as I recall.

We resulted to bartering, the child's life for relics- items which might interest her; it seemed a bargain we'd not have hoped to meet but the
tiny infant was more important and not one of us argued against the prospect. The hag first asked for a swap- the infant for Ailne, which Ailne
readily accepted in a moment of self-sacrifice; as noble as it was I asked instead about the relics. Which immediately got her attention.

The relics were laid over the floor as the hag greedily glanced them over- passing the child to Marielle. The moment we possessed her we
made our way out, not overstaying our welcome. So back to the Village we went, the infant curling up in Marielle's arms. Upon arrival we
rented a room in the inn so we might decide what to do with the now orphaned baby. Which was when the small thing began to cry- Ailne
and Marielle said she required changing, as they laid her down getting on with the less enjoyable aspects of parenting- Marielle seemed to
take to it naturally while young Ailne went to inquire with the inn-keep about some food and any remaining relatives. As it turned out she
was called Charlotte and had a auntie and uncle remaining here, Marielle was relieved and a little saddened having become attached to her.

The infant was returned home, much to the praise of the relatives and their gratitude. I saw Ailne and Marielle beam, a sense of victory in
their features- finally having a win, it was good to see. Our work was far from done however as I reminded them we still had to speak to
someone about Braga, asking their advice-

Madame Eva...

Not but a day later we ventured to the Vistani Tser camp, asking to see madame Eva about the Hag Braga- we were allowed in, and sat
around her small table. She welcomed us each, asking us what it was we sought. How do we free Talissa from Braga's bond, Marielle asked-
how do we protect ourselves from Braga in our dreams, Ailne asked...

Madame Eva's response was one and the same for both questions, you must find out who Braga's pact is with, venture to the Nightmare Lands
and discover the truth about this deal. I can help you all enter into Talissa's dream, and through it- the Nightmare Lands Eva said. We must be
careful however- for harm can befall us still in this place- dream or no. When we know who her pact is with we can then trap her- force her to
unbind Talissa and forever place the Hag somewhere she can never harm another soul.

With Madame Eva's offer of help, we first had to decide who among us would take this risk and venture to the Nightmare Lands, such a trip
might incur us never returning- so I told my companions to rest for a few days; find some respite. They would need it for the coming days...
and so we each departed the other.

I myself went to a nearby sanctuary where a most unexpected encounter did occur...

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Lady Nneme and a Vision of Truth
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 03:50:18 PM »

T
he most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious- though the more we gaze upon the mysterious, the more we’re bound
to discover the truth it hides away. Such truth brings knowledge and that knowledge a duty. Things known and unknown, between are the doors of
perception, the paths of wisdom.
~
Entry Eleven:
14th of March 773 BC, Lady Nneme and a Vision of Truth

I was weary when I arrived at the haven, worn down by time and ordeal… I stood for a long while, facing the ladies statuesque visage before
me. So often I’ve come here when in need of wisdom, to recover. I simply gazed upon the blurring surface of the stone tablet below for what
must have been hours, pondering why it hides its secrets away- lost in quiet contemplation. It was then, as that very thought crossed my mind
a young lady appeared beside me, as though a manifestation of my curiosity- her face covered by a veil, cloaked in a fine ivory and mauvish-
crimson dress. Her name was Nneme, and she was the keeper of the shrine to the Lady of Mysteries. In a silvery soft-spoken voice she asked
why I was here- my name is Yunon, merely a ‘wanderer’ I replied. When in need of wisdom I often come here; a jaded smile escaped my features.

I’ve seen you here before, if you stare to long in your search for knowledge, Yunon; you might go blind. She gestured to the statue and the
ever blurring tablet below. While my senses had taken flight already with the days tribulations, I had felt her staring; almost as though
looking at my core- she asked, you seek something deeper here, do you not? Once more she gestured to the statue and the strange stone tablet
below it. Look before you, what does the stone show you? She asked.

Considering her question I answered simply. Something hidden, tucked away from the eyes of those who might glance upon it? There is a lesson
here, a great responsibility. And to share this responsibility I must choose carefully… come, close your eyes; they will only betray you… what
do you see?- Nneme said as her hand slid into mine, clasping gently. I felt a certain confidence in Nneme, a credence of trust; and so I closed
my eyes- as I envisioned the image of the stones and the patterns, circulating and blurring- a single image remained while all others were
unintelligible.

What do you see, Nneme asked again-

I focused upon the single sentence uttered, repeating it to Nneme. But as I did, the image before me distorted and blurred once more. The
first sentence, not too bad, Nneme said. She knew it had blurred once more for me; but even that single sentence, that one glimmer had
revealed much; and I realised there the terrible burden she carries, I’ll not repeat what it revealed to me, not in writing nor anywhere
beyond the confines of my own mind.There is a price for knowledge, Yunon. You know this…please; excuse me for now. We’ll see one
another again soon.

With that Nneme vanished into the halls of the haven, I glanced once more upon the statue of the Ladies glimmering form, noticing a faint
green ink upon my right hands finger tips- where Nneme had taken my hand… no matter what I do I cannot remove it… I am weary still, but I
have much to prepare for- a journey into dreams, into nightmares; for it is to the Nightmare Lands I next go, my companions have been haunted
by the Hag and her master- these nightmares wrap their hands around their souls at night, they try to pull them deep within a world that's
ruled by fright. These dark thoughts may follow us, but they'll never win the fight. We'll escape those looming shadows with the help of
dawns first light, I and my companions few. What awaits us there I do not know, but for now I feel a sense of unburdened peace- and here
within this haven I shall rest till the time comes, might the lady gift me with wisdom and vouchsafe your weary servant in the days ahead.

What Lady Nneme intends for me I know not, but it would seem a trial; for what purpose I cannot say- though she made clear the importance
of her duty here and the revelation this hidden truth holds is the key; yet now I too am haunted- not by nightmare nor fear, but this shrouded
mantle of responsibility.

~
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:37:36 PM by Ambrosius »

Ambrosius

• Dark Lord
Yunon. P. Ambrosius - Tangled Mystery and Hidden Truths
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 12:05:53 PM »

Entry Twelve:
24th April 773 BC, Tangled Mystery and Hidden Truths

For several weeks I have stood within these quiet halls contemplating what Lady Nneme revealed to me, and now once more- as though
summoned by my curiosity she appeared. Greeting me cordially as I have come to expect of her. She seemed as curious as I, asking
immediately what insight I had attained; however I had further questions to ask her myself first, foremost the green tint which had not
dimmed nor vanished, a green tint which only appeared upon my right hand at the fingertips after my first attempt at reading this Creed-
hardly noticeable. She ushered me from the large chamber to a small study, and told me a great many things, about herself, her reason
for being here and why she required help with the tasks bestowed to her, above all she spoke of her duty.

When I mentioned the green tint, I was not expecting the outburst I received from Nneme. She seemed fearful and angry though it was
not directed at me. -You should leave, and not return. It would be for your own good; Nneme exclaimed. Confused by this, I questioned
her and why this discolouration was of such concern to her. With this she calmed, and explained to me that her duty here was one of
discovery and that she had made little progress- that over timeothers of promise had come to assist her and each had become cursed
by 'them'. Some she sent away, others she cared for, and now I seem to have been touched by 'them', cursed as well.

She warned me once more, that if I left I'd likely be left alone and safe. But if I understood her task, then this mystery is nothing I could
leave, fear does not sway my actions only caution; so saying this she took me once more into the great chamber and told me to focus upon
the statue and tablet which held the ever blurring creed. And so I  did- I closed my eyes and let the words form in my mind, for my eyes only
deceived me. Unlike before however, as hidden truths were revealed; this time so much more. The whole chamber did shake with a almost
aggressive force though I maintained my focus; until as much asI could gleam, had been seen.

Opening my eyes, Nneme was quick to ask how much I had seen- to which I explained and described the words spoken to me. However,
I noticed this apparent curse, whatever it is; had spread from my fingertips to my elbow on the right arm, now a deeper shade of green.
Beyond the colour nothing else is different, nor do I feel anything is wrong. Which begs the question, is this a curse from those who'd not
wish Nneme and I to learn more, or is reading this creed causing the curse? And I wonder at the meaning of this curse thus far, I have a
wish now to seek out the former helpers of Nneme, the one in the Northern tower who I have been told is recovering. Perhaps by this I can
learn more of the curse which influenced them, by that extent the curse which now affects me. Only then can I undo the web which it weaves
upon me.

I also understand now Nneme's fear and anger, she has had friends and companions who have for the longest of time helped her in her duty,
and because of it become cursed and in a sense lost. She fears now she spells my doom too. She is not a celestial, but immortal? I wonder how
long she has been here for. I feel this is only the beginning and there is much still Nneme hides away, though the greatest fear I have is when
she mentioned that 'they' were the beings known as the 'Dark powers', as the Dark powers are responsible for the curses bestowed upon her
old assistants, and now me. I know little of them, beyond the tomes of forgotten lore which mention them in the smallest of detail. Caution it
would seem, might be my greatest ally during the days ahead.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:46:28 AM by Ambrosius »