Author Topic: The Swordsman's Tale:  (Read 15464 times)

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
Re: The Swordsman's Tale:
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »
Updated my journal.
I think the best way to show my love towards Solví and Florica is to continue helping these two women obtain much power and wealth.
Maybe we can find a region in the core or a small part of Barovia with an enclave of more enlightened folk who won't give them grief over their exotic/unusual appearances. That would be very nice.

I am growing rather sick of these rustics freaking out every time they see someone actually quite civilized whom they assume to be a monster and calling for the guard. You go for a walk in the park and somebody screams for help. We went to the orphanage and this little brat was shrieking the city militia should be called in. That's just rude! They aren't doing a thing to bother you but existing, you parentless whelp!

Well, that might explain the lack of manners if the snotnose didn't have any parents to teach him better ways to behave.

Still though, a lady is a lady and it is unseemly to react in fear or terror simply because a person is much taller than average or happens to have a tail, horns or tusks.

There is more to these women than most of these simple folk could hope to begin to comprehend. If you get so very fixated on physical appearance then there is little hope for you advancing your station much past that of a dirtfarmer or other illiterate poor bastard tenant sharecropper. To be a serf must be miserably dull.

It takes monumental effort to change the stars but the New Dawn brings with it opportunities each day to advance yourself and to advance others.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:10:34 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2017, 05:41:26 PM »
Updated my journal.
I believe why tales of my idiocy have grown and been exaggerated in spread and scope throughout Barovia valley lies in the fault of an angry love priestess. I do not appreciate her exaggerating my ineptitudes so greatly. Yes when weaker I was felled many times but I am getting stronger and to say I simply don't care for the lives of other people in my party is not true.  She treats me as a child and no matter what I do it is never: Kaine who slew 17 vampires, nor: Kaine who disarmed a sword wraith. Always it is: Kaine the big reckless idiot who needs to get resurrected fairly often.

I learned conversational Balok in two months when it is said the average learning curve for that language is six. I am not a complete meathead.
I told her to stop worrying about me and that I did not wish for her help. She seemed upset at that too. My companions who were present at the time wondered if perhaps the aspect of the Sharess which Annabelle worships might be the one responsible for "tough love."
Enough about her...

Solví Duskgate. I like her very much. She is as I have mentioned in earlier entries yes, a tiefling treasure hunter. Very, very infernally clever, that one. With nimble fingers. Good with a bow and great at picking locks. I searched up and down the core for the best thief leathers (lined in ebon tiger hide) I could find and she loved it.

I asked Solví what she wants in life and she says the life of an adventurer and eventually to have enough of a fortune to be a merchant with a shop. She likes magical artifacts too. I promise you Solví, I will do what I can to make you very wealthy and powerful.

Maybe when I am a tougher warrior I will get some cold forged iron weapons, go down to the hells and beat up her fiendish distant kin in order to demand her hand in marriage.

A thought: Perhaps I can get a tattoo on my back in infernal script that says Solví's human.

She's not a monster but people in Barovia largely seem too idiotic to understand that. Nearly everything to these people which is difficult to explain must be the result of demons and witchcraft. That's the folk "wisdom"; they confuse technologies at times with dark magic and confound all plane touched folk with demons.
Nevermind trying to explain the difference between a devil and a demon.
Nevermind that a dragon is not a demon either. Ugh, these rustics are ludicrous. So very ignorant.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:44:19 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »
Updated my journal.
Taught a young fighter named Scarvald a basic crash course in the different types of undead monsters and some of their more typical combat tactics. I'm sure Annabelle would hold that I am in no position to properly teach anyone about anything as to her I am "not a fighter", cannot possibly know what I do of medicine and am too lousy of a protector to defend anybody EVER! By the Morninglord, please give me the strength not to tell her off during these belittlings.

Then she pretended to not understand why I was cross with her. Alright Kaine, calm yourself. Focus. What would the Dawnfather and Dawnmother of the temple tell you? Oh, right that persistent continued rumors of my great recklessness make them hesitant in considering my candidacy towards becoming a light carrier! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH YOU TROUBLEMAKING SHARESS DEVOTEE.

May the new dawn grant me the strength and forethought to forgive Miss Talindra who argues very fervently I am "Worse than Leon". Ugh, that girl... Well Serilda told me she thinks she is a bit of a fool and that I shouldn't listen to her too much.

Every single time I fall in battle or have to heal someone else that gets held against me. It is a part of living by the sword though. Not everything is going to be sunshine and unicorns. In fact in the core, I suspect the sunshine might burn as in Har'Akir and were there any unicorns, they'd likely be man-eating!

If I wish to shower gifts upon Solví that is my own business. She knows how to put them to practical use. It is to help her be better equipped to deal with these hostile lands. Must that silly Sharess priestess look down her nose at my every choice in action, argue with every statement I make that she hears or manages to hear of? Ugh.

I am an adult, not a child. Do not deny me my experiences of which you know not, you foolish... Right, forgiveness. One must seek to better both themselves and others. That's what the dogma of the Morninglord is about. Inspire hope. Have courage. Know that each new day presents new opportunities. Know that as the daybreak vanquishes the horrors of the night so too can we use the new dawn as chance to be better people than we were the previous day. To not repeat our same old mistakes. To be stronger and closer towards our ideal selves. To help others as well.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:21:39 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
Updated my journal.
I consulted with Barris about this issue I am having with the Sharess priestess and he says it seems I have taken the right steps towards a path of growth and progress as I have further embraced the Morninglord faith. Annabelle does not see that and chooses to hold my each (nae seemingly every) past mistake against me.

Mother Kali told me I am to carefully consider my actions while I am in service of the ML church as my reputation reflects upon the clerics.

The mistakes I made when I was weaker... I am sure that to Annabelle she believes that  in imagining there to be hundreds to die at the hands of such an incompetent and cretinous baby that she is doing the right thing to persist in warning strangers whom I have not even met of my up played fallings so they believe it but this certainly does make my life much more difficult than it needs to be!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:54:28 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »
Updated my journal.
What's been done has been done and continuing to hold it against Miss Annabelle she acts the way she does will probably not help her to grow the same as her always scolding me every time I or someone else gets injured when that is a regular part of fighting did not do much to help me grow.

As I mentioned in the earlier entry I am considering getting a tattoo made by one of the wizards in Infernal on my back that is not any actual spell or incantation but which whimsically states: This human is mine. NOT YOURS. It will be a little joke between me and Solví.

I have been told by Father Asu to obtain 12 sets of vampire fangs to receive hints about where to obtain the second lost key to the old temple's basement.
Thus far I have obtained 4. I have 8 left to go.

Also as I had mentioned before in the earlier entry Solví loved the ebon tiger hide lined thief leathers I got her. The pads are sturdy boiled leather and the ebon tiger hide offers additional protection most other light armor materials do not.

Even those who are "born tainted" are capable of some goodness.
Those who are typified as evil are not necessarily absolutely so.
Those who have fallen can at times in some extraordinary cases be redeemed.

You can too Kaine. Your hardship is not so great as that of someone born a Caliban in Barovia or one who is planetouched such as Solví or the matron. You pass as a human because you are fully human.
Those born with obvious physical differences face much discrimination in backwards lands such as these.

I don't fool myself into thinking I could get Solví to not be mischievous or to not enjoy violence, stealing and so on because it is similar to how I as a fighter cannot go around well not fighting. The spirit languishes when we are not true to ourselves. Trying too hard to be something which we are not can kill us. That point was proven to me quite literally those times I had tested out setting aside the blade.

No what I can do for her is encourage the more human side I think. I need to appreciate both parts of this woman though since Solví is of two cultures, yes?

Well devils are a lawful bunch so organization is good. Efficient gains in power and wealth can be appreciated. I will do what I can to help her get better, stronger, faster, etc.

When I was rendered moniless for a time she gave me back most of the money I had given her and said use it to buy decent equipment. That means she does care.. About me. I made sure to repay her back double and explained it away as "a return on your investment my dear."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:14:57 AM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2017, 10:25:51 PM »
Updated my journal.
It would seem the fickle mists have closed off the way to Vallaki in Barovia to me and to several others.
Prior to this I made up with Miss Annabelle though and grating as I find her "babying me" to be I asked for some guidance in a subject which I knew she was much more proficient in than I and the Sharess priestess seemed very amiable to explain the fundamentals of arrow fletching, something Solví has been wanting to get into for some time.

Apologies are important to make!

I have obtained seven of the required twelve sets of vampire teeth now. Five remain.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:28:20 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2017, 04:08:30 AM »
Updated my journal.
Trapped in Dementlieu!
Eventually Sir Audric Lacroix rescued me but not before I'd made and lost several small fortunes, sampled almost every restaurant and spent an inordinate though interesting amount of time at the museum of the macabre wax exhibits.

Found a lesser ring of silence and volume 2 of the translated gnomish trap making book for Solví. She rather liked volume 1 and I hear volume 2 is even better than the original.
Ran into Emmy and we checked out what strange things Djiordi was selling at the mist camp travelers had brought in. Got her some oil of fiery burning, a vial of winter's frost, a bag of sharp sand and a bag of "The Sand of Set." I got all that, the pastries, the drinks, to see the museum and some travel in all for under a few thousand golden wolf fangs and still have about five and a half left.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:40:29 AM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2017, 05:15:17 AM »
Updated my journal.
I think I should like to take Solví Duskgate to be my wife some day.
In the meantime though there is much adventuring to be had, treasures to be hunted and with it an ever growing arsenal of interesting armaments and gadgetry in our collections of adventuring gear.

I do wonder... Would our children be humans or would some be tieflings like her? Would they have magical aptitudes? Oh Morninglord, how would an aging fighter and swashbuckler couple hope to deal with youngling mages? That's a potentially terrifying thought. Well let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

When I see her again I'll ask how she is doing on lock picks and see about getting her some more and better ones.

One good thing came of being trapped in Dementlieu when the mists closed off Barovia's border to Vallaki from me... I discovered they had proper black tea. Not like the swill I've experienced in some of these other regions of the core! It's rather similar to the kind we had back home in Sharn and would do a Brelender proud. Or at least be considered tolerable in our Ir'Clan King Boranel Ir'Wynarn's court.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:49:41 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2017, 07:20:13 AM »
Updated my journal.
There's a good chance Solví and I may never escape the core to return to our home planes. From what I am to understand she faced persecution in hers for being of fiendish heritage. For me in mine, most of life was planned out ahead for me and nearly all decisions were made by someone else. She told me she doesn't want to go back to Toril, to Faerun.

I suppose carving a life for ourselves in the core, that isn't so bad. It's a different life, one with new opportunities. That much is certain.

When we are old and gray, her horns gnarled and my bones creaking... Perhaps we'd have built a little retirement cottage somewhere like Perfidus or the edge of Dementlieu?

This realm is horrific but we don't have to brave the whole of it all alone.

Here there is a bit of a disorganized idea web with retirement plans on it. Two general categories involve putting together a mercenary company and finding a "major haul". There are notes about various rumored locations of treasure. Some of the latter are crossed out, others have mentions of terrible monsters added in on the margins. A few are circled for emphasis.

//Perhaps the thing Kaine dreads is being a parent!//
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:26:25 AM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
Updated my journal.
Neph and I had an idea which I am exploring as a third retirement option. When she, Solvi and I are too old to continue adventuring perhaps we could start and run an academy of sorts in the core (assuming we are still alive decades from now) for instructing novice adventurers. I like this concept although the idea of being a parent is yes... admittedly still terrifying to me. A middle aged fighter and swashbuckler trying to keep after a brood of tieflings and latent prospective mages all with golden hair and some having little nub horns on their foreheads sounds... like the most challenging adventure of all. Hopefully as half-elves age slower than humans and tieflings "Auntie Neph" could visit in order to provide Solvi and I with a bit of babysitting relief on some days. Hmm!

On a more serious note: My funds hold steady. The mists continue to leave Vallaki closed off to me as well as several other adventurers from what the consensus seems to be amongst us at the visitor section of the Vistani Mist Camp.
Hmm, Har'Akir appears to have been all touristed out so perhaps Barovia Village itself or one of the more exotic locales such as Ghastria may provide me and my companions with better opportunities.

Hard as it is to imagine the scorching desert over-frequented by travelers it appears the region has been "discovered" by all of the popular mercenary groups and several of the lesser adventuring companies. Perhaps eventually this trend may die as attentions turn to a new target destination in the consciousness of the masses, eh?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:57:05 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2017, 05:28:35 AM »
Updated my journal.
After a completely meaningless standoff where the Baron demanded I apologize to the Ezrites for my negative views towards them I found out Miss Tinu the elf kind of likes me. We were slaying thugs in Dementlieu to raise some funds. I spent it on some guns and am low on money again. Hmm, good thing Vallaki is closed off to us and they aren't illegal in the mist camp.

Tinu even went so far as to tell me that should things not work out between me and Solví or if I changed my mind, she did not mind being the longer lived between us and had actually had a few human mates before. It is as I had suspected. Lady elves who do believe in that sort of thing see it as a short term commitment. Meaning there is no real pressure exactly in the pacing of these relationships, perhaps?

She is an effective scout.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:34:20 AM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »
Updated my journal.
Again I am trapped in Dementlieu and again I am left wondering, firearms obtained now in tow, if perhaps I like Solví more than she likes me. She can't seem to be troubled to meet me at the mist camp and I somewhat resent hauling all these gifts for her that are cluttering my inventory when she isn't even there to receive them. They are thoughtful well picked out gifts too of useful special equipment suited to her particular talents.

People say I try too hard and they're right.
I feel like unless I am giving a task my all and then some that isn't a true... Measure of what I can utmost do; Maybe part of that is my soldier's training.

I apply it toward everything in life though. The idea of not setting up hunting down the perfect gift for a friend or a woman you like as though it were a mission seems a tad preposterous to me.

It's true I've never lain with one. I should like to try that some day. It isn't... Against my religion or anything of the sort.

I don't care too much I think what race the woman is either.
Tinu is a rather dainty elf (though she is by no means weak, merely her form as an archer wielding a composite bow is wiry and compact belying her true strength) and she did express potential interest in us becoming more than friends.
There was that barbarian woman Florica, and then there is Solví. Each are interesting women in their own right. Hmm...

My standards?
She has to be living. No undeads, thank you.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:09:14 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2017, 03:31:54 PM »
Updated my journal.
It isn't like Solví and I were betrothed or anything like that. I just like her a great deal.
So I suppose she might not mind were I to have dalliances with a few other women... perhaps?
Hmm. I also need to tend to my ministrations as an initiate in the Morninglord faith and should probably concern myself more with that and swordplay than these relations with the fairer sex.

I definitely am running short on funds and could use an adventure or two to refill my coffers again.

Does Solví even *really* care for me though? She could at least have somebody forward a message to me while we are all stuck in the mist camp and these different domains. Haven't heard a thing from her aside indirectly through Dante and Fearghas and Audric who took her with them to Har'Akir while I was trapped in Dementlieu that she is indeed alive and well. Hmm...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:43:14 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2017, 01:11:22 PM »
Updated my journal.
Gave the lesser ring of silence to the ranger, Tinu. She and I raised a few thousand fang traveling through Har'Akir with my mysterious benefactor who it turns out is named Lazula.

I like both Tinu and Solví. Supposing for my end game I will have to choose one of them to spend my retirement with. Both ladies are quite... Clever, are decent scouts and make for effective ranged support with their composite bows. Decisions, decisions!

Do I pick the tiefling or the elf to be Mrs. Morrus? This is a tough one!
Damn.

There are two things I like. I like women and I like beating up the undead.

As to my own progress I've been training hard to resist fear effects and illusions, as well as general enchantments that mess with your mind for some time now. The results finally paid off while we were in the tombs this time, towards the end.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:36:16 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2017, 03:15:51 AM »
Updated my journal.
Oddly though the gates to Vallaki remain closed Old Barovia village is reachable though through the mists.
I find this quite peculiar but denizens of the core particularly the more traveled natives assure me this is perfectly normal bizarre evil mist behavior and happens from time to time but not quite seasonally... I guess?

There has also been palpable seismic activity as though some of the land itself may have changed in a drastic and not gradual manner. Barovia isn't Vechor though... I'm not sure what gives.  Supposing when the mists let people through again we will find out.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:21:21 AM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2017, 05:35:12 PM »
Updated my journal.
The mists are again allowing passage through to Vallaki and the rest of Western Barovia.
The Drain is flooded. An evil vampire tried to kill everyone in Vallaki with a terrible device whose pieces are said to reside somewhere deep within the sewers. This is concerning.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:38:37 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Updated my journal.
Father Allek Mars promoted me from initiate to layman.
I must still continue my light carrier training however.

Baron Laurier is holding a sort of a recreational martial tournament in his home country of Dementlieu that is said to have fabulous prizes.
A young lady named Shira asked me to fight in it for her under her colors and fancies one of the magic rings Laurier is offering for the purse.

I congratulated Reveka on her long overdue promotion to lance corporal. She thanked me and said though she did not understand my converting to Morninglord faith hoped I do well in their order to which I thanked her and again tried to succinctly explain it was a religion of hope, mostly. I think she and I remain friends which is a good thing. She is a fine city Garda and I hope someday she makes corporal because she would be an excellent one.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:45:52 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »
Updated my journal.
You sell a gun or two to one elf in the drain ONE TIME and you get branded for life as a smuggler. Wow.
I have a 2.045 thousand fang remaining fine to pay off (paid the Garda 4.955 thousand of the initial fine which was 7000) as a debt to society within a week as the deadline and they branded my cheek with an S using a hot iron.
I wonder if Plum snitched on me or if somebody else who was down there in the Drain ratted us out.
Not that it matters now.

Also people say the giant werebat is back. I told them before it has to be one of the people living in the slums or residential district. Why has no one looked into this? You could nab them during the daytime and avoid the bloody hassle of trying to stop a rampaging dangerous beast person larger than a wagon.

Yordan is the new corporal. He received promotion as well. It felt off congratulating him while I was in jail for the night and he could have I suppose chosen to have me executed but opted for the heavy fine instead, which is actually pretty lenient. It's also I think to have me be a living example that the laws apply to everyone.
It would be easy enough to conceal this scar with makeup, a high collar or to have a mage remove it but that would be not in the spirit of serving out my punishment.

Also the door to my cell at the time, I checked and it looked like I could have, I definitely felt like breaking it with a good bashing would have been possible but I did not wish to hurt Reveka and Yordan's trust any further.

Hmm. Drain,... Ratted. Now there is an amusing pun.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:10:25 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
Other things I can tell people the S is for:
Stupid
Stubborn
Swashbuckler (Hello ladies)
Slayer (I do kill an awful hecking lot of monsters).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:13:10 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
Updated my journal.
The relationship I have with Tinu Naur has gotten more serious.
She's this delightful elf ranger who is in addition to being an excellent tracker is a superb archer as I have stated before.

I am considering learning elvish as my next language.

Warden Gauthier had an idea that the giant bat hated noise. We tried ringing the church bell to drive it mad and it worked. The beast smashed its head against the stone roof several times but unfortunately such a loud din also earned the ire of the entire city. The Garda were not pleased. Nor was the peasant mob with their scythes and pitchforks, plus torches the following morning.

A certain obnoxious Darkonese elf was eager and quick to tell everyone she could she thought my ringing the bell was making the giant bat kill more people and that it was I who stupidly rang the church bell repeatedly to mess with the bat... Ignoring that it had not been my idea but the Warden's instead.

Jean Renaud is stumped about how to kill the giant bat/great black beast too. We're starting to think it might not be a werebeast at all or at least not in the traditional sense because it has strong immunities to magic and alchemy and nor does it seem to be bothered by the usual things most werebeasts are such as silver, copper and so on.

What's curious though is the old woman with the cane who was warning people of the beast has never been seen at the same time as it. If it was a werecreature of prodigious size and fantastic, terrible strength there is a chance I am starting to suspect of that being its human form. She certainly is unpleasant. Blames the outlanders and tolerant Garda who haven't chased out the outlanders for the bat rearing its head again. Every so many decades it reigns its terror on Vallaki, evidently.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:50:09 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »
Updated my journal.
Friar Sand from Krezk and I get along  alright  which is good.
I have one trial remaining to complete my training now.
Annabelle tried complaining to the senior light carrier about my actions she found distasteful or even dangerous and though it did not fall on deaf ears Sister Anya said it was pretty much in the spirit of everything a light carrier *should* do. Frustrated, Annabelle I think is going to take her complaints to the Garda next. Hmm, with friends like this, who needs enemies?

I'm also growing very tired of these folks who in emergencies lose their head and start screeching orders at me when they don't really know what it is they are doing. The Darkonese elf seemed to ignore the fact I was a guard in that temple and technically outranked her. It's important things remain organized during a crisis and slamming the gate shut on the faces of those carrying in the fallen because you want to save your own skin is selfish and stupid.

I already had finished explaining the giant bat was too large to fit through the doors, apparently to no avail.

Some people tend to react very emotionally to the things around them and do not listen to reason!

Father Ilu had been slain by an abomination in the lower catacombs. That I think makes Father Allek the new Dawnfather. We at the church are pained by his loss but must still espouse hope. We know Ilu Asu wouldn't  want us to give in to despair. Not when there are still good deeds to be done and the Morninglord's message to be spread.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:04:11 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »
Hmm, if Tinu wishes to be my wife, I know the Garda perform a notary service as a side business.
I could probably ask the Corporal to issue us a marriage license or at least stamp the document with an official seal. I wonder how much it would cost.

Poor Rurik! An overzealous garda recruit tore up his business license because she thought he was being lippy. He has a new infant daughter to feed and a family to support. That's his livelihood.
I talked to Private Dimitru about it and he says he would be fine with me buying Rurik a new license and that no that wouldn't break any laws as far as he is concerned. Father Allek feels this would be the right thing to do as well.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:08:48 PM by Kaine »

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2017, 12:02:16 PM »
Updated my journal.
Vigo saved my life in the underground river near Dvergheim. Man-eating puddings had surrounded me and he distracted them long enough for me to pick my gold up off the cavern floor. To repay him I split the bounty on the Neureni artifact I had uncovered when we got to the Vallaki bounty office. The Commisar probably is not used to seeing clothing of the loud clashing colors Vigo prefers but he thankfully kept his fashion opinions to himself and simply gave us the gold.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2017, 12:06:16 PM »
Private Dimitru felt bad about Rurik's license being torn up by the overzealous recruit too. I saw him buying some of Rurik's finest bows for himself and the Garda who man the ramparts + gate houses of the Gray City's walls. This is good.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2017, 04:31:05 AM »
Tinu and I bonded some more.
Evidently over mutual dislike toward the Darkonese elf who was as is typical for her apparently, being rather obnoxious. She knows a thing or two but exaggerates up her own abilities while downplaying those of her other teammates which did not endear her to the rest of the party.