You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Preparing for the End - Serilda Venceli  (Read 949 times)

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
Preparing for the End - Serilda Venceli
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:41:06 AM »
26th Novembre, 772

I have been in Krofburg only a handful of months. Distantly, I recall having research interests. I recall having time, a plan for my immediate future. Little of this remains. I am not well suited to this position; I do not have the experience or talent necessary to succeed. Twice I have started to pen a resignation. But I have already tasted defeat in the past; the shame of failing to progress in the City of Lights. The weeks spent lighting lamps, listening to wayward souls and failing to forward my designs. Despite my inexperience, this place will be different. It is taking time to adjust, to learn. I make mistakes but I will persevere. Whatever her sins my predecessor has left a Bellegarde that is, in theory, rich in resources. Would that I could consult her now.

The state of the camp is as expected. The sins of the Vorostokov Bratva are shared by many in the so called 'city of tents'. It will take time to see the wicked here punished pushed out and order imposed. The more time I spend with the people of this place the more the familiar tension grows. The frustration and loathing. How can they not see? How are they so deaf to reason? I cannot let these feelings get in the way of my work here. However ignorant, weak and slow so many here are, I simply do not have the time to seek a release. I get moments, breaks, a precious few hours to hunt or to speak familiarly with better company. That much of this company wears the colours and interests of potential rivals ought to concern me. I ought to be more careful. I ought to be above the wrath I feel.

Ezra forgive me for these thoughts, still my mind and focus my purpose.

I will make Krofburg ready.

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
Re: Preparing for the End - Serilda Venceli
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
5th Decembre, 772

Barovia has always been among the lands where Legion's grip is tightest. There are some in my Sect that believe that this land will be the site of the final confrontation with the coming Darkness. Here we will finally be gathered to weather what comes. I've been sceptical of this assertion. Her Scheme usually seems subtle in its workings and the engineering of such a gathering at the right time would be difficult without a firm touch. Even so, I have encountered more and more of the Fourth Sect in these lands. They are drawn for differing reasons but, even so, they have been drawn. Perhaps it is not coincidence?

Something is waking beneath the mountain. Older than time itself, claiming to be divine. Allegedly, the burrowing of greedy men will rouse it. Will this be the beginning of the end? The harbinger of the Darkness? The heart of a corrupt land, roused by sin and bent on destruction. I am not certain but it seems possible. Likely, even. I must speak with the clergy.

The mining will not cease. The thing will awaken.

My task grows more urgent.

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
Re: Preparing for the End - Serilda Venceli
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 12:59:45 AM »
12th Decembre, 772

I would like to believe it was all according to Her Scheme. The blunders of the Bratva. Verinne's impatience. The savagery of others. She foresaw the men of sin and the muddled designs of us mortals. She foresaw my failures and engineered the delivery of those women. But I know better. Pure hands did not deliver us. No scheme of Ezra's would allow people of power to act as they did. My mentor is right; the Mists of Death push the vulnerable to sin, seeking to corrupt and damn.

I have seen the taint of sin in mortal flesh. I do not know if others will be so marked. Scripture says that Legion will take many forms, often wearing mortal faces and employing clever deceptions.  I was lucky to escape the Bratva's box of vipers. Verinne was lucky the Bratva grew careless in the extreme. We were all lucky the Count's agent took an interest.

I do not feel fortunate. I do not feel ready.

The slavers are gone but the sins of Krofburg are not.