You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Duplicate items  (Read 1491 times)

A minor Glamour

Duplicate items
« on: June 21, 2017, 06:34:14 AM »
I thought it would be a good idea to report duplicate items here, and also point out certain types of item that produce identical affects, for the development team to consider if they are beneficial or should be removed for general upkeep of the module and its resources. Also I will include a list of items discussed so users can easily search for an item and quickly see if it has already been discussed.

Potion of Cowardice, and Exodus Power: Exodus Powder appears to be a misc thin item, but why include an item that functions almost identically like a potion, but can't be stacked? The lack of stacking to me is a deep flaw in it's inclusion. Also aesthetically, potion bottles are vastly more pleasing. To help in this matter, please only use the correct name for items, I will request incorrectly named submission be corrected and items already discussed to be removed.

Discussed items:

Potion of Cowardice & Exodus Powder

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:16:53 AM by A minor Glamour »

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Re: Duplicate items
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:02:08 AM »
The main difference between those two, is that potion can be  crafted by players while the powder is only flund as loot in dungeon. Generally the more diversied the loot is the better. It means we won't find the same items all the time.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

A minor Glamour

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:16:24 AM »
The main difference between those two, is that potion can be  crafted by players while the powder is only flund as loot in dungeon. Generally the more diversied the loot is the better. It means we won't find the same items all the time.

Thank you for responding, however I would like to point out one last thing, I agree a diversity in loot is beneficial, but are the negative factors of Exodus Powder being unstackable and the increased use of players inventory space more beneficial than a hindrance? I personally would not collect Exodus Power in it's current form because of the previous reasons, and I would be more than happy to find a craftable potion in loot instead, seeing as I can stack it, and I have not spent time and resources crafting the potion, so it is greatly beneficial to be found in loot.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »
The potion is also going to incur an attack of opportunity in combat where the powder won't.  That's the use I always had for it, mainly at low levels when one extra attack could mean the death of your 20 hp having self, lol.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 11:02:10 AM »
The potion is also going to incur an attack of opportunity in combat where the powder won't.  That's the use I always had for it, mainly at low levels when one extra attack could mean the death of your 20 hp having self, lol.

This...hell Lauel is 10+ and she still lugs both types around, versatility is the key to survival...

RelicOven

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »

This...hell Lauel is 10+ and she still lugs both types around, versatility is the key to survival...

I totally agree. My 11 is always lugging around both types. Saved my life more than a few times. The trade off of inventory space for safe usage is fairly well balanced I think.
Oswin von Brungardt: For the Empire and Averland.

A minor Glamour

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:14 AM »
HA! Well what do you know, I'm still learning stuff about the game after all these years. I never thought about that. I guess it's not such a bad item after all, if your only going to carry a few with you at a time. Well lets put this topic to bed there isn't any point in talking about it any more.