Author Topic: More information on Hala?  (Read 2208 times)

viva la something

• New to the Mists
More information on Hala?
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »
Recently gotten into playing a Halan clergyman. The entire religion is just too interesting to pass up. The only issue is that I don't want to step on toes out of ignorance. The religion seems very open as far as rituals and rites go. Is there any source material on any?

Another confusing topic is the thing on Halan(?) priestesses/priests and witches/warlocks. I understand they're not the same, but their difference is fuzzy to me. From what I understand, witches/warlocks are related to the first 13 by blood and don't even need to praise Hala? And priestesses/priests adopt the mantel/religion to gain the ability to toy with the "Weave"?

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
Re: More information on Hala?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »
Hi!
Here's our Church of Hala roleplay resource thread: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=12945.0

As for your second question:

Witches/Warlocks are like sorcerers. They're a seperate character class and not supported here. Witches have covens, and often masquerade as clerics of Hala for their own safety.
Clerics are regular clerics, they gain access to the Weave domain, which is not supported. The supported domains are Plant and Magic. 

viva la something

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
Gotcha.

Been through that thread a few times now. I guess the only commonplace "ritual" is developing and managing hospices and generally being benevolent?

Also, is this just an oversight by the developers of the campaign setting (not POTM), or is it just me that finds Halites being true neutral rather than neutral good strange?

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »
I can advise getting a copy of the 2nd edition sourcebook Van Richten's Guide to Witches, which outlines a lot of good stuff about the Church of Hala.

Netrial

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:56:18 AM »
Healing domain is also supported, btw.
(Amber-)Marie Eurus, Sil Twilblin