Author Topic: Vallaki License  (Read 1184 times)

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
Vallaki License
« on: May 23, 2017, 02:33:34 AM »
While the system is neat, it has a singular flaw.

I am currently playing a character that doesn't use their mechanical, floaty name in public. Not even in their faction or to their closest friends. Yet, I cannot buy a license from the Vallaki Guards to sell, as per my faction job description, because it will just say the mechanical floaty name instead of the one they use IC.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed, but it is something to consider (and while I'm at it, could anyone suggest alternatives to this problem?).

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
Re: Vallaki License
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:37:27 AM »
I brought this same issue up in this thread actually:
http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=45951.0

I'd love to see the ability to just enter a name that gets put there.  Similar to the "select a specific dye" option.

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 02:38:24 AM »
I brought this same issue up in this thread actually:
http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=45951.0

I'd love to see the ability to just enter a name that gets put there.  Similar to the "select a specific dye" option.

That's what I was thinking about, and I actually forgot about that thread. Late night posting woo

booksarefun666

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 01:54:42 PM »
While the system is neat, it has a singular flaw.

I am currently playing a character that doesn't use their mechanical, floaty name in public. Not even in their faction or to their closest friends. Yet, I cannot buy a license from the Vallaki Guards to sell, as per my faction job description, because it will just say the mechanical floaty name instead of the one they use IC.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed, but it is something to consider (and while I'm at it, could anyone suggest alternatives to this problem?).

Just make your own Vallaki trade license. You get a custom name/don't have to reapply for one then.

Or alternatively, give the authority to issue licenses to the guard and let everyone all deal with the bureaucracy of waiting for a license then everyone can have a custom name. This whole thing makes it too easy to follow the law.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:06:53 PM by booksarefun666 »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »
Ask a guard to give you one.

I know I can write one that looks just like the ones NPC gives.

It might make for some fun RP too.
Not all who wander are lost.