Author Topic: Can dye dummies be added to the OOC lounge?  (Read 921 times)

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Can dye dummies be added to the OOC lounge?
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »
It would be nice to be able to use a dye dummy without having to ask a DM for a port to the DM ship.

booksarefun666

Re: Can dye dummies be added to the OOC lounge?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »
I didn't even know you could ask that of a DM and avoid the hassle of navigating the art dealer.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:40 PM »
The thing is, if something like that is done, it means dye will become free in OOC Lounge, which feels very OOC to me and not right either. These things are better left to be dealt with IC in my opinion.

As for dying dummies, something is being worked on at the moment I believe, I do not know all the details nor do I know when it'll be ready, but other member of the dev team might able to tell you more about it.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:48:06 PM by Iluvatar »
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:17 PM »
The Dementlieu dye dummies aren't the same, they don't preview how something will look on your character.

Could the dye system be made to take money then? It would be really nice to figure out how something will look without dealing with running around trying to find dyes.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:07:22 AM »
Well as I said, something is currently being worked on, to replace the current dye system with a dying dummy system that takes money. I have no idea when this will be ready or what is the current status with it. Certain aspect of this new system are still being thought and worked on, so it could be there with the next update as well as it could be there only in a month or even more.

You should try asking EO or Arawn, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe one of them have been working on this lately, perhaps they could give you more detail than me if you ask them.

As for having preview of color and testing it on your outfit, I have two solution that I can suggest you.

First one is the toolset. Recreate your outfit there and you can play with the colors as much as you want, it's easy and quick once you get used to it. Use this to find out what number represent each color in the toolset color grid. http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn/Images/colors_leather.htm
This first solution is the fastest for trying multiple different color, but also more complicated than the second one.

My second solution, which I've been using just as much as the first one is making a dummy character and leaving it in the starting area. There you can recreate your clothe quite easily by noting the number of the different part of your outfit and quickly recreate it on the char in the starting area. From there you can play with color as much as you want using the dying dummy.
This second solution takes more time, but it's much more easier if you don't want to deal with the toolset.

Hope this will be of help.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness