You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Naughty bits!  (Read 3092 times)

Song of Danta

Naughty bits!
« on: May 05, 2017, 08:22:43 AM »
When the last major update was released, we got a lot of new clothing options. However, some of these were quite inappropriate and displayed naughty parts. They were removed.

Yet, a few remain, due to being more on the subtle side (some requiring a [falls back] emote to expose). Here's a list:

Female Torso Nipple Slips: 64, 70. There's also a chainmail torso but I cannot find it so maybe it has been removed.

Full on Genitalia Pelvises: 90 (HOLEY MOLEY THIS NEEDS TO GO), 158 and 155 (hard to tell unless you squint). And for the gentlemen, 158 offers a stunning display of one's wee-wee.

Tunes

• Undead Slayer
  • In Skengs We Trust
Re: Naughty bits!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 10:04:54 AM »
I believe we should keep these, because what if a dm wants to run around as a greased up deaf runt? But nah, doesn't hurt to get rid of them for whatever reason.

Characters:
A kind hearted Vardo named Marcy

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 02:13:50 PM »
We cannot judge without screenshots :P

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

booksarefun666

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 04:00:58 PM »
i tested this and i canot recover from this oh nooo

Song of Danta

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:39:17 AM »
Found another. Female pelvis number 54.

BlueWizrobe

• New to the Mists
  • Crazy Motherf**ker named Strahd
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »
I assume that these objects also appropriately reduce the Armor penalty to various DEX based checks?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0025.html
Baern Blackbanner  - Dwarven Door

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »
I checked those and for those
Pelvis - 54(f), 90(f), 155(f), 158(m/f)

I haven't seen anything... and I tried. Moved around with them, tried all camera angle I could while moving and standing still and could not see anything you described.

As for those
Torso - 64(f), 70(f)

You're right, but I've seen those many time and didn't think they were too bad personally.

Edit :

Pelvis 158(m) doing fall back emote, I saw what you meant.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 04:27:32 PM by Iluvatar »
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

booksarefun666

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 06:00:17 PM »
It honestly seems harmless enough. They haven't textured in the underwear as opposed to an actual vagina modeled in.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »
I went and checked them all out. There's definite vagina on the miniskirts, and the male loin cloth does have a penis and nutsack. The other female pelvis models though, it just looks like they didn't model in underwear like Books said. As well, you really need to contort the camera to see it in a number of cases. With some models, you can only see it if you fall forward. Falling back doesn't show it.

Personally I'm of the mind that it's not really an issue. I mean, if you walk into an art gallery, you're going to see way more nudity than this. You could go to a library and find anatomy books and get more nudity than this. You have to go out of your way to see the nudity with these models, you need to zoom the camera in and tilt the camera. And it's not really sexualized nudity either. I guess you could argue the miniskirt might be, but, a flaccid dick in a cave man loin cloth isn't sexual. And keep in mind that since you need to contort the camera to see it, most people aren't going to see it in general gameplay since most people look at the game from zoomed out and at higher angles.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »
The likeliness of those being completely removed is very low. An option would be to remodel them slightly, but even if they remained untouched, it wouldn't be all that bad.

If you have any other like the
Pelvis 158(male)

You can post it here, they could be modified slightly to remove the naughty bits!
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 06:55:19 AM »
a flaccid dick in a cave man loin cloth isn't sexual.

Not even to a cave woman!

WhenTheSunGoesDown

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 07:45:13 AM »
I am sorry, it reminds me of a joke of an old man complaining to his neighbour about seeing naked women in a sauna's window across the street. When the neighbour came to check, he could not see a thing. To which the old guy replied "Climb onto the wardrobe and peer into the window, you'll see it all!"

...So I wonder -why- you are rotating pixel toons back and forth in a hope to see/not see naughty stuff? o.o I mean, one can spot a glimpse of skin and not pay much mind? But no, look. Now there is a crowd of people doing the same, angling cameras to peer under pixel skirts. Weird :D

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 08:35:15 AM »
To be fair, for gnomes, dwarves, and halflings human naughty bitsies are all at eye level!

I've still not seen any of this--or attempted to!--myself, but the joke (and that we get it) means it's not that weird. Most of us have a wee bit of the voyeur in us, no?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:37:12 AM by Iridni Ren »

lucid

• New to the Mists
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 07:46:10 AM »
Most of us have a wee bit of the voyeur in us, no?
[COVERS HER EYES WITH HAND]

[but peeks through fingers]
"Angels are bright still, though the brightest fell. Though all things foul would wear the brows of grace/
Yet grace must still look so."

Song of Danta

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »
I actually discovered these by accident when I was making clothes in the NWN toolset. Then I noticed a few characters with a... salacious concept, shall we say, were using these parts!

Personally, I'd keep the tarzan wang. Quality modelling.

dark_majico

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 06:21:05 AM »
Please post these screen shots, I'm dying to see them.