Author Topic: Delivery system  (Read 1485 times)

booksarefun666

Delivery system
« on: May 06, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
I came to a few conclusions after seeing other people  take up delivery jobs  and taking a bunch of them myself. The trip to Krofsburg with mining equipment and back is quite possibly the most profitable route simply because you can take delivery back with the exception of Mt. Baratak but that's not at all conducive for one low level because of all the dire wolves and man eaters that are almost always in the path.

I can see it being meant for group-orientated efforts but there's no point in getting groups when the trip through the dangerous areas are 425 - 435 gp and it leaves up with job boards like this:

Notice how krofsburg - mining equipment is nonexistant? When there's more people than me around and they typically come in groups of 3 - 4 people, people that otherwise could probably group together they just disperse shortly after. I also know this because they go through the cargo delivery jobs as well. Interestingly enough, they don't see to bother with supplies either

The easiest solution for you guys would be nerfing the krofsburg - Vallaki route or having more aggressive man-eaters but if you do that, I can see the whole thing just not being touched and if it does, it does for the fishing lodge or Dvergheim.

A less easier solution would be buffing the gold returns for all these other more dangerous routes. VoB has ogres you will most certainly see and 435gp is not at all worth for a lowbie to group up and even take a chance. On the inverse, this isn't even worth it for higher levels because they have other means of making cash. You could also return quests for all of these routes including Dvergheim with a proportional return so oxen aren't just simply abandoned.

Midway and Dvergheim doesn't even have return quests. Fishing lodge does, but if you started with a bag of letters you get a job for returning back fishing barrels as opposed a lighter equivalence. Another thing about the fishing lodge is the supplies give only ten more gold for an infinitely more heavier load. Unless you already have an ox at hand, you lose money this way.

tl;dr The Krofsburg - Vallaki route is the only one with a proper risk:reward ratio, the others aren't at all worth it with the exception of the fishing lodge/dvergheim. Delivery quests to take up on the way back for all of these routes would be excellent.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:01:25 AM by booksarefun666 »

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
Re: Delivery system
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
I've never made any delivery to Mt. Baratak or taken anything but a letter to the Village of Barovia. Otherwise, I think  each destination has an appeal for different reasons.

As far as Krofburg, the addition of the Tent City has already made that more challenging than it used to be simply in that it takes longer and you have to get an ox through another tricky bit of real estate.

Any trip involving an ox does have a return reward as is: the "deposit" on the ox. As was recently discussed, however, the tendency for oxen to go one way evidences that an otherwise encumbered return trip might give greater incentive for both Dvergeheim and Krofburg not to have a feral ox problem.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:25:55 PM by DrXavierTColtrane »
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04:24:22 PM »
Even if the Krofburg and Dverg routes are nerfed, they'll still be the ones people run because low levels can do it without much trouble. The other routes need their rewards increased, there's no incentive for people level-appropriate for them to go and do it. Mt.Baratak has very heavy spawn, and if you're able to deal with the spawn, you could just do the dungeons that contain those monsters and make a lot more money and XP than the quest offers. And Village takes a very long time to run to. Taking the ferry cuts down on the running, but, the ferry is 250, taking it both ways is more than you make from the quest.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 06:46:22 PM »
I'm working on adding a few new ones, including a high-profit run to the Wachter Estate in due time.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 06:49:12 AM »
My personal favourite is running up and down the fishing lodge with a high strength character. Easy money and absolutely safe. Actually got me to level 4 and almost 10k just by doing that! It's quite close too. Which kinda makes my rogue sad who has to look out for parties and get a much smaller return for his investment :(

Krofburg I don't like at all because it feels a lot further. Dwarf mines don't have a return job so it almost a waste of time.
Has been described as a sometimey player