Author Topic: Ox seller in Krofsburg  (Read 1365 times)

booksarefun666

Ox seller in Krofsburg
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »
There isn't one and sometimes I see a backlog of 5-6 oxen in the area from people too lazy to hoof the beasts all the way back to Vallaki. There's already a shed, so hopefully there can be an ox seller added?

On the inverse I've been encumbered from wool rolls before as well and there's been no oxen at all to just steal/buy legitimately.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Ox seller in Krofsburg
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:15:35 PM »
Yep, I'm going to add one.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

booksarefun666

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 04:30:24 PM »
Yep, I'm going to add one.

Thanks, you're awesome.

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 06:00:03 PM »
Judging from WingsOfStardust's posts, ox abandonment seems to be a problem in Dvergheim as well. Something minor that might help is to add a "weighty," more-rewarding quest for the return trip from each place.

The cheese can be carried without an ox, and as far as I know, there are no Dvergheim to Vallaki quests at all.

That's what pushes players towards "one-way trips."

(To be sure, having a place to sell oxen would be convenient for players, but it rewards them for doing nothing. IRL, this would not solve the problem but make it worse as Vallaki's oxen population would shrink and the two other villages would still have an over-abundance.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:01:41 PM by DrXavierTColtrane »
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
That would make the trips there so much more interesting. The area is so beautiful anyway it's a good walk. But bringing the ox back is annoying for me they always seem to get stuck in the bridges.
Has been described as a sometimey player

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »
Judging from WingsOfStardust's posts, ox abandonment seems to be a problem in Dvergheim as well. Something minor that might help is to add a "weighty," more-rewarding quest for the return trip from each place.

#OxLivesMatter
"What is a day, without  a blessed night?
And what is peace, without a blessed fight?"

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »
Or a higher fee for the ox.

It would be an IC solution at the same time.The ox guy seeing no one brings back the ox decides to raise the fee for the ox to encourage people to bring it back.

Having a better reward for the returning quest doesn't seem like a viable solution to me as it still won't change anything for the player if they don't bring the ox back. While it could be an idea, I don't think that will solve the problem.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

DrXavierTColtrane

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 11:57:13 PM »
Or a higher fee for the ox.

It would be an IC solution at the same time.The ox guy seeing no one brings back the ox decides to raise the fee for the ox to encourage people to bring it back.

Having a better reward for the returning quest doesn't seem like a viable solution to me as it still won't change anything for the player if they don't bring the ox back. While it could be an idea, I don't think that will solve the problem.

Yes, the guy in Vallaki would raise the price if no one brought the ox back. The problem with that is these quests are mostly for newbie players who don't have a lot of gold. If you raise the price (and reward for return), then starting players will not be able to afford an ox.

As for not bringing the ox back, it does change something. You don't get the gold/XP for bringing the ox back. If someone uses an ox in the first place, he is self-evidently the kind of player who will use an ox to haul things and get gold and XP. If he would take it one way for gold and XP, why would he not take it back the other way for the same reward?
For everything that's lovely is
But a brief, dreamy, kind delight.

booksarefun666

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 12:58:38 AM »
Ox abandonment should get you dark powers.