Author Topic: Alignment Shift potential bug error  (Read 1154 times)

Truth_USMC

• Undead Master
Alignment Shift potential bug error
« on: April 21, 2017, 05:36:23 PM »
Hello.  Through a plot I had a PC who's alignment was shifted from Lawful Evil to Lawful Neutral.  Afterwards, some bugs developed.  For instance the damage reduction that comes with the lawful neutral mist domain wasn't actually reducing damage when activated, magic vestment as a spell no longer provided an AC boost, and then in an experiment conducted with DM help, monsters where hitting on rolls they should've been missing on (i.e. unbuffed AC was sitting at 24, and rolls at 21 were hitting).  Anyone know what could've caused this and how to fix?
Thank you
'Smile, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet" -Marine saying

Truth_USMC

• Undead Master
Re: Alignment Shift potential bug error
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 05:59:49 PM »
Just as an update if anyone can confirm...Character was remade, damage reduction symbol with mist domain still displays in active buffs, but in the combat screen from my end and from attackers end it doesn't say any damage is being reduced when hit.  Does anyone know if the reduction from mist domain ability is built into the numbers or is this a real bug, since two versions now don't show damage being reduced?
'Smile, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet" -Marine saying

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 10:18:41 PM »
From my experience dming and working Leto scripts. Anything ties to an alignment base anility tends to go wonky in a shift less its Nwn Vanilla scripted. The mist domain is a custom script it may be when your alignment was shifted it registered as if you were not that required alignment. The only things I can think of is have the dm align ahodt tou back to see a diffrence. The other act ia to have a dm use a command dm_remove domain (enter Mist domain bluprint/name) then restore your domain. I had a dm do this for me when I took the Darkness domain due to some bugs in inabiloty to acess certain spells. Hope this helps.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 10:33:44 PM »
Just as an update if anyone can confirm...Character was remade, damage reduction symbol with mist domain still displays in active buffs, but in the combat screen from my end and from attackers end it doesn't say any damage is being reduced when hit.  Does anyone know if the reduction from mist domain ability is built into the numbers or is this a real bug, since two versions now don't show damage being reduced?

It should work normally. It's +1/15-, is that not what you're getting? It may be that you're fighting PCs/NPCs with +1 weapons.

Try using it in the sewers vs regular rats or some low level mobs like that.