Author Topic: Ne jugez pas un livre à sa couverture -- diary & notes of Agnès Gauthier  (Read 3362 times)

aprogressivist

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
Re: Ne jugez pas un livre à sa couverture -- diary & notes of Agnès Gauthier
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »
6th February 774

Trelliard is gone. Joachim is gone.... unless we can achieve a miracle. The slow erosion continues. The city is already not the same as it was. Its character shifts like oil on water. And still we await. Will the election save us or damn us?

I return to Barovia again soon. Always my path leads back as if some thread of the Grand Scheme is twisted into a knot there.

Duty is a balm. Ask the question, "what can I do?", and it is easy to lose oneself in the possibilities. Ask, "what should I do?" and the fog lifts.

One step at the time. One foot in front of the other.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

aprogressivist

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
Re: Ne jugez pas un livre à sa couverture -- diary & notes of Agnès Gauthier
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2019, 03:24:03 PM »
11th February

I have joined the Gendarmerie; once again, I bear the title "Chaplain". I pray this fares better than my time under the Company of the Fox.

Ironically, I think neither Lieutenant Messier nor myself wanted this. But Joachim's death leaves me with little choice. For all his ultimately fatal flaws, he wanted to protect the Republic, ensure it became something better. Someone has to pick up that mantle. I cannot sit on the sidelines. That's why I chose my original path, isn't it?
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo