Author Topic: Vallaki - Western Outskirts  (Read 51619 times)

bocian

• Undead Slayer
  • Noram
Re: Vallaki - Western Outskirts
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 12:01:59 PM »

Left on the outskirts' notice board. The posters are often renewed. Some of them can also be seen in the mist camp.

// Once again thanks to urathraviel for creating it.
"The good fighter does 'what has to be done' and does not let himself be troubled by any scepticism."
- Julius Evola

DM Darkness

• Turn the lights off
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 04:09:13 PM »
There has been talk of a ship that burned and sunk moments later in the Vallaki Docks District. Two very badly burnt oxen were seen about as they sunk with the ship. Not much was known about the fire but many speculate it was an accident.

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 05:17:40 PM »
Days after an apparent Invidian route in Wachter province, it seems the incursions decrease in its scale and frequency. Less often are attacks made outside of the borderlands between Invidia and Barovia save for isolated incidents. It seems as if they have had enough of their forays for the time being or other nebulous reasons for their seemingly abrupt withdrawal away from Vallaki. Now there is an uneasy quiet as the more familiar threats continue to hound the denizens of Vallaki and the region.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:21:17 PM by DM Chaos »
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

greeneggs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 12:08:28 AM »

[It was a bloody day in Vallaki as the afternoon pressed on.  Rumors are a bound the locals that Corporal Stolojan was doing her morning patrols with two other privates when they came upon a Caliban in the outskirts.  Upon pursing him, he took her down fairly quickly with vraja while outlanders looked on, passively.  Very few made the call to help the guard in any case.  The wounded Corporal and her two privates then set back to the city but only to be ridiculed by a female wearing a strange helmet with grey steel colored armor and brownish grey pants.  The Corporal made to arrest the outlander and steel was drawn.  Blood soaked the grass as yet again, outlanders looked on as this happened as if it was some spectacle to the very guard that protects them and the local Barovians a like as they was slaughtered, murdered.  It is unknown where the corporal and her privates are at this time or if they even made it out of this whole spectacle alive.]

((DM BASTELLUS APPROVED))

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 04:33:16 AM »
[a few days ago..]

Corporal Stolojan of the Vallaki Garda brought the witch and 'fortune teller' calling herself the 'Mysterious Madame Monet' into the Outskirts. The witch was garbed in a teal gown, and sported the Scold's Bridle; a headgear device which clamps down upon the tongue, making any speech impossible.
The witch was placed within a stocks set up by the Garda detail, and outlanders, and a large contingent of Sunkissers looked on as a mob of Barovian men hurled rotten vegetables, stones and manure at the accursed vraja practicer. She screamed and garbled nonsense throughout, before her spirit was broken and she broke down into sobs.
Some might suspect this mob to the the very same which sought to lynch the witch in the outskirts a few days prior.

After the humiliating punishment was discharged, the Sunkissers sought to help the bruised and bleeding woman, but she rebuffed them. The dark-skinned witch fled into the forest.. and has not dared show her face in Vallaki again.

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »
A visceral scene unfolded in the morning hours as the Ghost Witch was finally located and put down by the mourning father known as Fearghas. He spat strange curses as he tore the heart from her chest. Onlookers observed in shock as the man got his vengeance, then fled with the heart still in his clenched and bloody fist
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:12:56 PM by Zwickelfaust »
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
  • "Maudlyn" Argali Dupont, Lazula Zhuelke, and more
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »
*fixed!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:38:00 PM by Mailbox-2001 »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »
//Claiming a paper radiates heat, real or fake, is cheesing. Please correct your post.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
[The flier is written with serpentine glyphs & sigils!]

i̸̤̜͓̭̘ ̼͙̞̠͢ͅS̼̰̩̝̦E͎̼̫E͞ ̝̘͎͉̱̠N̵̝̭̦̤̻̭͎Ơ̺͎̼̝ ̡̰̲̝̪̯̲S͉͍̲̼̗͎͢T̮̝̖̩̘̭͡ͅA̘͙͖̳̘͜R͔̖̜̹̞S̸͙̱͈̞

G̝̞̘A̘̠̬̙̱̩T̳̲̭̺̗̗͟H̝̱̼̺͚̠E̵͓̳͓̣R̻̙͈͔̝̞͈ ͎̫̳̪̺̭̯͡R̳̗͙̳̼̫͉O̲͝U̹͜N̷͈̪̗ͅD͈̭ T̸H̠̪͎͙̼͉̦A̬̜T̲̦̦̭̜͔̹ ̴̖̠̼̗Y̛̼E̬̠̟͖͠ ̨̜̘̣̜̰̣M͇̹̹I̟̲̰̤̮̗̗G̼̭̻̤H̻̪T͍̟ ̼̣͎͇̘͇̀H̴̘͇̺̖A̙R͔̲̜̜K̶͉̝̺͙̪͇
͎̗̹̭
̖̼̖O̟͈̗͚̮͈͙͝ R҉O̭͔̦͚̙̣͢U͡N̡̙͖̰̥̭D̨̦̣ ̴̦̞̖̻͔̮A͎̪B̳̜ͅO̗͍̣̦̰̠͘U̠̤͚̖T͔̙̯̼͡,̸̝̟͍͎̗ ̹̠̙̬̰SO̵͓O̶̩̫̙̠̗̘̼N̻̫̭ͅ ̨͈͉ͅA̷͔̠̹̥̝͔F̫̖̻͚T̢͕̲̼͖E͢R̨ ͕̥̻̹͚̠D҉͈̜̺̣̠͍A̢͖̥̥̱RK̴
҉͇
̜̭̜A͍͇̟̥̫̳̰ ͏T̜̟͇͕͎O̥̪̮̙͕͜Ư̟R̺̼͔N͡E͎̹͢Ý̼͎̖̘̜ͅ ̛F̛̖̻ͅO̯̪͟R̬̺͓̱͉̟ ̺A̞͇̬̘͘L͙̖̻̩̀L̘̬̩͚̫̦ ̟̥̰̮͖ͅS̛̜̦̠̹̯̻T̖̖̻O͓͓̜̱̥̥U̧͙̦͙̖͈ͅT ̥̬͞ͅO̧̲͙̯F̝̮̟̠͓̤ ͘H̨̰̜E̡̟̘͚̪̹A̜̖̗̱͟R̫ͅṬ͈̯̙̻
̰
̯͈͕̻̪̱ͅFO̹̗͕͖͡R͎̤̫͕͇ ̛̼͕̭͎͕̬̙R̻̗̝̠͇̘I͇̩̼̦͠C̖̮͙̖̝̲͝Ḥ̙͢ ̯̖͍̮ͅR̰͖̜͈͙̼̕EͅW͈̙͜A͚̺̦R̪̙̭̝͖D̹͚͇̜̤͞
! ̖̼̗̰̗̯̤̕A̸͍̱̻̫̯ ̶̥̮̫D̹͉͍R̳̤̱͚A͔͚̲̠͢G̴̠̤͓O̵̙͓̤̬͚̲N̵̥ ͇͍S̲P̥̘̗̟̭̼̖A͙̱̖̳̩̹R̮̤K̶͖̫͉̳!̖̫ͅ!

P̱̭̠̱̫A͓̠̗͙̺̪ͅY̭̠̱͈̙̰̰ ͙͈Y̰̮E͎̤ ̠̮M̳̖̻͓̙̪I͍͕N̯E̠̖̹ͅ,̺̟͕̩ Ṯ̩̦̖͖H̞̮͓E͍̺͙N̳͉͕ͅ, ̹͇̦̣̤Ṭ̱̮O̰̯̜͖̪ͅ ͈̳̲̯͇̹̬T̹̪HͅE͍̮̱̱ ̣̭̯SI̺͙̩G̱͚̱̬̦̮N̜̪̫̲͉͈S̼̜͍̱̣͚̰
͔TO ̰K͖Ṉ͍̫̪̘̯O͎͔̯͔̹̱Ẉ̠̪͉ ̦̣͎̻̟T͉̪̳̳̱͍͉H͍̹̫̥͔̤̖E̺̞ ͙̘̣T̠͈̳̗̠̟̰I͉͎͕̫̝̳M̻̭͔̙E̺̥͍̜̫͎̟ ͚̼̹̹D͓̞͕̟R͓̦̼̟̯A͎̦̦W͇̩̤̣͙̠S̞͓͖͈̦̠̜ ͓̩̲͖ͅNỊ̳͎͙̗G͎̮H̰̤

Spoiler: show
[This is notice for an upcoming underground tournament to be hosted in the near future. The prizes will be DRACONIC! Huzzah! Stay tuned.]

-CONNER
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:09:07 PM by DM Samedi »

Mailbox-2100

• Heir of the
  • Dark Lord
i SEE NO STARS !
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2017, 04:24:31 PM »
[The flier is written with serpentine glyphs & sigils!]
i̸̤̜͓̭̘ ̼͙̞̠͢ͅS̼̰̩̝̦E͎̼̫E͞ ̝̘͎͉̱̠N̵̝̭̦̤̻̭͎Ơ̺͎̼̝ ̡̰̲̝̪̯̲S͉͍̲̼̗͎͢T̮̝̖̩̘̭͡ͅA̘͙͖̳̘͜R͔̖̜̹̞S̸͙̱͈̞

Ṯ͓̲̖̜́H̤̰̗̳͈͎͈E̳̤͈͙͔ ͏̜S̻͍̦̯̥͡ͅT̜A͉̗̼R҉S̛͇ A̬͈̰͍͘L͇̬̬̫̹̼̖I̺̮̘̬̩͇GN̶̼̗̞̞̲̪, ̰͚̩͇̣N̻̩̹̝O̲̖͉̗͍̥̯͝W,̡͚̺̲̠̫ͅ ̳͇̤̪͢ŖI͙̼̪̹GH̤͚̠̺T̹̜͕̲̭͘ͅ ̝̘͎̣͍O̥̲̹͘N̹̝̦̙͎̙ ̟̫̥̞̱TI͍̟M̭͔͖̙̯E͉̪̺̦
̘̠͕̣͈TO͙ͅ ͙̱͔͍̹̩̩̀F̢͚̞̝I̷N͝D̞͉̞̱̀ ͎̟̺͞ͅTH̴̲͎E͎̬̟̹̱̱ ͍͈̰̙̬͙̲WA͉Y̩,͕̤̯ ̻͍̹̫ͅT͈͉͔H͕̺̥̳͕̩̟E̵͇͈̺͇͕͈̰ ͡PA̛͎̪T̛̗̲̗̝̖̜Ḩ̰͙͖̘̣̩̰ ͝T͈O̤̲͍ ͔̤̣̩͈M̗I̷̹N̦̗̹̥E̱̳̗̬͉͉̠
̲͝
̵͔̼͉̼̜H̤͝E̡R̬͖̠͝O̫̝̩E҉̫̺ͅS̟͓̫̰̮̲͞,҉͓̩̞̠̖̺̞ ̣̞͠V̡I̖̹͇̭̼͈̩L̴̫̯̭L̻̪̜̜̘̩̣A̯̭̮̯͙̞ͅI͙̹̩͓̜̬̖N̢̗̜͚̯͈̫S̗͕̣̥̯̠,̱ ͘F̗̦A̧͕̤̱͕̞R̫͙̦̺̮ ̟̕A̟N͇͎D͚͜ ̘W͖̯̲̼͇͡I̭̯͙D͈͖̻̝̖̕E̢̩!̨̹̖̜̘̳
̥̹̲̮͡C̣͍̗̥̗O͕̜͙̹̜͠ME҉͍̩̞̝̮̖̘ ͍͍A̸Ṋ̸͍̘̥D̲͎͉̮̝ ̴M̦͔E͇̳͖̼͓E̱̩̰̬̖̳T̫̬̫̖ ̗̤͉̝͔T̹̻͔̭H̠̺͕̫̬̫̖͡E͝ ̵C̖̗̪̪̹̯O̤̼͇̤M͕͘I͞NG̫̰͍̙̻͇ ͡T̴̺̤̤͇ͅI̺̮̰̟̰̖D̳̟E͇̟̳!

̱̥͈̘͍͇͞ͅF͖̫͕̰R̬̩͠O̝̖̻̪̘̤͉M̧̦̫ T̵̬͎̞͙̹̼H̀E̸͖̞̘̫ ̨̘͎̤T̗̮̰̘̜̱͇R̬̠̟͇̮͚U҉͚̮̫̯̳̰T̶̙̘H̭͎̯͚̙ ̳̬͢Y̶̦̪͖̗̣͕͕O͕̣͔̼͈̳̝U̶̝ ̭͔C͈͢A̟N̰̩͕̻͚̰N̰̠̳̱̳OT̻ ̦H͇͕͙̤͍Ì̭͚͍̺Ḍ̵E͔̲̤̭̳
͙̱C̛̹H̰A̯̠̰͇̭̝M̤P͈I̲͔͉̲̼̘͕͜O̴͉N̖͖͕͕̮̻S͓̘̣̘̰͝ͅ ̙̜̩̲̣̫͇W̛I҉̲̯͔͍̲L̘L̦̝̘͔̯ ̨͈RI͕̯S͖̩͔̞̹̝̲E̡.̥̝̘̗͔̣͓
̘͎̭̰̯
̳̪̥A͜N͇̹͖̼͈̫̪D̳̝̘͘ ͓̺̜ͅTO̬͖͇̙ ̤̭̻͍̲̯̩́T̵͙̻̦͎H̸͈̣̣̠E̦̮̤͜ ̶͍̟͚V̬̠̬͍̱̹͈I͏͍C͍̬̰̺Ț̥̬O͎̫̩R̰̠̣̘͇:̶̯͇͕̭̖̤̻
̠͔ͅG͉ͅO͇̖̰͎ ̲̰̖͕͍͉̰T̳͙͔̤̱͞H̖͉̥̗̘E͔͉̥̙ ̬S̵P̜̫̖O͎̣̗̰̰͙ͅI͇͖͢L̬̜͇̦͓̣̘S̬͕̝̜̪ͅ.͔͕̬̝
̗̲̖͔ͅ
̥͔͈̲̺̺S̠͙̖͝Ụ̬͢ͅĆ̣H͈͔̩̣̳ ̰̺̯R͏̻̖I̫̖͕̗̱͔C̵H̘̝͎̻̼̪̜ ̤̠͔͙̦͉͟R̘̗͔̦͜E̞̯̩̻̱̬͝ͅW͚͕͔͚A҉̦̬̟̟͔͎R̘͉͕̫͚̖̘D̺̯̤͇͍̠͠ͅ!̴͎͔̠̱͚͎
͍͖̯̪A̝̰̫̼̰ ͚͔͖̬͖́D̗̮͕̲̙̭R͘A̫̰̟̟̗̺͍G̷̥̰̤̱̩O̸Ṉ͈̩͈̫̠̗'̶͇̝̞̺͉͚S̝ ͖͈͎̲͓̠̲̕H͖̦̟̖̞O̶R͙͈̳͉̞͈̤D҉̺̜E̛͕̯̻͔͎.̗̜̬̻̩͓

Spoiler: show
[This is a flier for an upcoming underground tournament with great prizes! All are welcome to attend. There will be special rules and moderation to the fights, contestants, and divisions based on the number in attanedence. Low levels welcome! Encouraged, even! For the "Upstart Division". Heroes welcome. A date is not set, yet. Stay tuned.]

-Conner
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:09:22 PM by DM Samedi »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 07:35:01 AM »
~ Dwarven thief in the Outskirt ~

Word is spreading that a dwarven thief stole a valuable armor from a certain dwarven smith. A reward worth even more than the stolen good is offered for the capture, alive, of the thief and the return of the armor. Information is scant about the thief himself. It was a male dwarf clad in dark leather, his features hidden under a hood. However the stolen armor is the sole of its kind made by its maker, made out of sturdy boiled gargoyle hide with the thickest crocodile lining possible. It can be recognized by the stylized Dwarven B sigil branded on the armor.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Periwinkle

• New to the Mists
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 11:56:16 PM »
The rumors state that a young woman garbed in gold and ivory silks, dark brown leather boots, and pinned up dark hair, was approached and arrested in shackles by no less then four guards in the afternoon hours. It was said she went along without resistance, although she looked quite terrified.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 07:51:57 AM »
~ Dwarven thief in the Outskirt, Part II ~

As was witnessed by numerous people, the dwarven thief showed up again in the outskirt and was confronted by the dwarven smith. After angry and harsh words were exchanged, the smith would have knocked out the thief with a single mighty strike with the flat side of his axe. But as he was about to recuperate his property, someone unwittingly healed the thief, whom used the following confusion to escape.

There is still no name attached to the thief, but a clearer look could be obtain: a gray skinned bald duergar, with the dwarven runes for "Thief" tattooed on his chin. A moody dwarven smith keeps repeating to all listening that he offers a platinum gilded weapon for the capture, alive, of the duergar thief.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Snarling_Badger

• Gundarakite Rebels
  • Undead Slayer
  • makin' pancakes
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2017, 11:13:17 PM »
As the sun rose above the Outskirts this day, those milling about before the walls of Vallaki would have their morning interrupted by a figure clothed in the black green garments of a female Ezrite Zealot, dashing out of the Lady's Rest. The Ezrite, who was wearing the armor of a Templar, seemed to have been in tears, as she hurried off westward along the Old Svalich Road.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 06:32:41 AM »
A beautiful man was seen arrested in the Outskirts tonight, and taken to the Citadel for possession of a firearm. Charismatic and an expert musician, some were seen having been left startled and shocked by the event as it unfolded, not expecting this turn to dramatics. Rumor says this man was not found sentenced to die, but only, to the stakes.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:22:10 PM by Tycat »
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Barovian Beggar

• Outlander
  • Medieval Poverty Since 2005
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 09:45:53 PM »
Tacked to the notice board near the gate

DM Samedi

• Ad hoc champion
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Undead Master
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »

A man identified as Voldymyr Brusilov, Sargent of the Vallaki Garda walked into the Lady's Rest and confessed to crimes of treason out loud to the patrons of the bar. He then finishes his confession by knocking a young woman unconscious and disappearing into his own shadow.

NND1

• New to the Mists
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017, 01:47:29 AM »
In the early hours of the morning Garda can be seen arresting Dorian Bladeweave in the Lady's rest with the charge of "Conspiracy to Murder Vistani". He was promptly marched towards the city shortly afterward.

Drekavac

• Dark Power
  • Wholesome Memer
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 10:35:01 PM »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:54:58 PM by Return the Slab »
Turning PCs into Darklords and MPCs since 2017

Drekavac

• Dark Power
  • Wholesome Memer
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2017, 11:13:44 PM »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:54:50 PM by Return the Slab »
Turning PCs into Darklords and MPCs since 2017

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »
The purple and black clad undead monster fought several battles against the living around Vallaki an Wachter Province, the undead adventurer bragging about eternal life for eternal adventure. He challenged many warriors and his cocksure nature led to a final bout between a prepared group of would-be heroes that finally struck down the foul creature in a must-needed victory against the forces of the Night...
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2017, 01:27:33 AM »
Discord and anarchy grips the Western Outskirts of Vallaki; in the early hours of the morning a great din was raised as the Sun Cultist's Bells tolled incessantly for nigh on an hour; rumours speak of a beloved local figure turned to an Undead abomination, unleashed on the Outlanders to cause anguish amongst them. In the wake of her passage through the area, her body was cut apart and finally burned by several Garda in attendance.

The chaos that followed shortly after is uncertain, but onlookers can be said to have seen a man strike one of the Garda as the body was lit on a funeral pyre, leading to his arrest. Gloom hangs heavily on those present as another life is lost to the Legions of the Old Night.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2017, 07:23:30 AM »
Just after sunset a small group of two men and three women emerged from the old well near the city gates, collectively emitting an over-whelming stench. Four of the five wore Wayfarer Kinship amulets.

They made their way to the stream near the Vistani Camp to bathe, all, save for a diminutive female, covered in a particularly rancid coating of sewage muck. They made quite the spectacle as they shivered in the cold water near the falls, and despite much washing, not all the figures were able to cleanse themselves of whatever filth they had gotten into.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Roose

• Dark Power
  • Neat.
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 10:39:26 AM »
[At dawn Kaine Morrus was trotted out to the Western Outskirts accompanied by a retinue of Vallaki Garda. He was placed in a stockade for the entire day next to a sign declaring him to be a smuggler. At midday he was branded on the right cheek with an "S", and released in the early evening]
Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 03:57:22 PM »
A raggedy man in a brightly-coloured coat and hat can be found handing out flyers. Some linger, discarded, plastered to trees by rain and wind.