Author Topic: I can't enter some buildings. The doorways are not clickable /non-existent.  (Read 1763 times)

Polygon

• New to the Mists
Hello!

I am trying to enter the temple at the starting area (just outside the inn), but the doorway is not there. I can enter the inn, and the blue'ish box appears to transition inside. But not for the temple :(.

And I have the same issue with Rulinus the ratter's place.

I have tried relogs, restarting the game etc. nothing has helped me. What to do? Also couldn't catch an DM in-game, they are rare creatures :))

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
That really sucks, I have no idea how to fix it but if you want a DM to look at something you can make a post in Generic Requests, or maybe a member here has a fix they know of.

We also have a Dicord channel, maybe someone knows something there.

Good luck!
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Zwickelfaust

• The Gorefist
  • Dark Power
  • Catching natural 20s from monsters since birth.
Did you try the side door of the temple?
Hjorta the Heartless- Seidr Wight
Allek Mars- Dawnbringer
Asmund Ingvar- Berserker Runemaster

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
I've heard over the years that some overrides interfere with the server, maybe check that? Also I'd suggest to make sure you've got the latest hakpack
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
It's possibly the GOG download. Someone I know encountered that issue, he looked into it and it seems to only happen with the GOG version.

Polygon

• New to the Mists
It's possibly the GOG download. Someone I know encountered that issue, he looked into it and it seems to only happen with the GOG version.

Indeed I use a GOG version, it already was my suspicion that this is the cause of the problems! I will be installing NWN again but without GOG and I'll reply back here if that fixed the door bugs for me

I somehow got inside the temple, by pressing W at the door -- but couldn't see any clickable doors inside, no way I want to play like that :) gotta fix it!

Edit: Thank you ALL for fast help and response :) I didn't expect that! Finally I have hope to solve this issue.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:17:21 PM by Polygon »

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
I had this problem when i started playing. I don't remember exactly what the solution was in the end. Did you update nwn with the latest patch? I think that might have been it

Building out off the mists

Polygon

• New to the Mists
I had this problem when i started playing. I don't remember exactly what the solution was in the end. Did you update nwn with the latest patch? I think that might have been it

I installed the GOG version (Diamond) which automatically installs both expansions and 1.69 patch.

Did you mean to install the latest patch ontop of this GOG installation? I'll give this a try before installing NWN the old way, and see if this changes anything.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:32:30 PM by Polygon »

Polygon

• New to the Mists

I installed the GOG version (Diamond) which automatically installs both expansions and 1.69 patch.

Did you mean to install the latest patch ontop of this GOG installation? I'll give this a try before installing NWN the old way, and see if this changes anything.

Yep!! This has fixed my door issue + some more issues I was having :D. The patch is called NWN 1.69 Critical Rebuild, I downloaded it from here: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

Other issues it fixed: I can see my cloak now, before it was a white item box in my inventory and invisible on the character.

Thank you so much!

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
Ah yes that was the one i meant. Glad i could help!

Building out off the mists