Author Topic: LFRP - Tell - IC and OOC  (Read 6455 times)

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
Re: LFRP - Tell - IC and OOC
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
You say that because you're viewing it as you, the individual.

Do grownups need to be told?

You're assuming that I'm spamming the chat with smilies or something very very disruptive. I'm speaking in terms of my rp perhaps not being in line with the current topic of the rest of the group, yet it is happening, or some such. Then yes, I do prefer being told instead of ignored completely.
There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
You're assuming that I'm spamming the chat with smilies or something very very disruptive.

I'm not assuming but responding to what you wrote: "I''m acting completely out of character and ruining the atmosphere."

"Completely out of character" and "ruining" does sound "very very disruptive."

What I think you're saying is if you were shut out for something minor you'd want to be told. What I'm saying is everyone isn't the same and wouldn't react the same to criticism.

Let me see if I can think of another way to put this to stay on topic.

Hugs. Most of us would agree hugs are good.

We like them sometimes. If a player has the LFRP on, it's like saying here's where I am and I would like a hug. If it's off, she's not actively seeking you to find her and give her hugs.

If your PC sees my PC in game and you know her, then maybe you run up to her without asking and give her a hug. But if she's talking to two other PCs and balancing a food tray in her arms and your PC and she have barely or never interacted, then the hug is going to make her uncomfortable and disrupt what she's doing.

It's true that some PCs would act that way IC and go around giving unwanted hugs. But when she sees those PCs coming in the future, she's going to be leery. OOC I'm not going to want to tell you where she is if you ask.

I don't want to spend my IG time explaining my personal hugging standards to anyone and hoping he won't react poorly. According to DM Arawn, it's against the rules for me to criticise anyone else's hugging standards through a Tell anyway :P

This is too subjective to bring to the CC. It's not an individual player (entirely) but an accumulation of "Where's Iridni? I want to give her a hug" and "I want Iridni to come give me a hug" when she's already busy.

This is just me publicly saying my own personal preference as a player of how I like to play, regardless of whether or not my PC tries to be nice to everyone IC.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:43:44 AM by Iridni Ren »

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »
You're assuming that I'm spamming the chat with smilies or something very very disruptive.

I'm not assuming but responding to what you wrote: "I''m acting completely out of character and ruining the atmosphere."

What I think you're saying is if you were shut out for something minor you'd want to be told. What I'm saying is everyone isn't the same and wouldn't react the same to criticism.

We like them sometimes. If a player has the LFRP on, it's like saying here's where I am and I would like a hug. If it's off, she's not actively seeking you to find her and give her hugs.

If your PC sees my PC in game and you know her, then maybe you run up to her without asking and give her a hug. But if she's talking to two other PCs and balancing a food tray in her arms and your PC and she have barely or never interacted, then the hug is going to make her uncomfortable and disrupt what she's doing.

It's true that some PCs would act that way IC and go around giving unwanted hugs. But when she sees those PCs coming in the future, she's going to be leery. OOC I'm not going to want to tell you where she is if you ask.

I don't want to spend my IG time explaining my personal hugging standards to anyone and hoping he won't react poorly. According to DM Arawn, it's against the rules for me to criticise anyone else's hugging standards through a Tell anyway :P

This is too subjective to bring to the CC. It's not an individual player (entirely) but an accumulation of "Where's Iridni? I want to give her a hug" and "I want Iridni to come give me a hug" when she's already busy.

This is just me publicly saying my own personal preference as a player of how I like to play, regardless of whether or not my PC tries to be nice to everyone IC.

I made an example. Why would I complain about lack of RP response, if what I am doing is ooc?
There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 01:17:43 PM »
I'm going to pass because I'm not sure what you're asking anymore or how it relates to what I'm saying.

Niffie

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 06:21:28 PM »
I'm going to pass because I'm not sure what you're asking anymore or how it relates to what I'm saying.

I also think we've been talking past each other for a while. So yeah, let's leave it ^^

Rolaskatox

• New to the Mists
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2017, 04:58:55 AM »

Sounds self inserting, to be honest.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
Sounds self inserting, to be honest.

Props for the courageous honesty.

It's so refreshing on the Internet, where so many phonies (like myself) pretend to be some idealized nice person :P
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:27:15 AM by Iridni Ren »

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »
I think this thread has run its course.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.