Author Topic: Dementlieu Feedback V2  (Read 21620 times)

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Dementlieu Feedback V2
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »
We’ll add a minimal Templar presence and a confession booth.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 08:24:14 AM »
Awesome! Thank you!

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »
Perhaps instead of the traditional Raduta style templars, some stripped down, be-robed warriors that would fit the aesthetic of the temple more, while still making sense to have the protection such a significant place would warrant.

Even that would make sense. I mean, there's practically one NPC in the entire building accessible to players, and nobody is guarding the Archives. Even the Refuge of the Fifth Light has at least six Templars chilling by the interior doors of their chapel, and then an entire Rectory right beside it. Does nobody guard the special books?

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
What about a “beauty salon” in Port-A-Lucian where you can change your skin tone?

I’d love to see this in-game where we don’t need a DM, for both our sakes. I changed mine recently, but the lighting is so dramatic in that DM area that you don’t know what it looks like really until you get out and I wound up hating what I picked. I like to take my time to get it right, and I really can’t because the DM has to wait and I know they have better things to do than watch me spend an hour getting the tone I want. Maybe a place like a salon where you can do it without a DM would be easier for both sides.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2019, 01:06:30 PM »
What about a “beauty salon” in Port-A-Lucian where you can change your skin tone?

I’d love to see this in-game where we don’t need a DM, for both our sakes. I changed mine recently, but the lighting is so dramatic in that DM area that you don’t know what it looks like really until you get out and I wound up hating what I picked. I like to take my time to get it right, and I really can’t because the DM has to wait and I know they have better things to do than watch me spend an hour getting the tone I want. Maybe a place like a salon where you can do it without a DM would be easier for both sides.

Changing your skin tone is not an intended feature. Your skin tone was changed temporarily as part of a DM plot. We have no plans to make this available outside of DM intervention.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2019, 11:55:08 PM »
Since the Bellgrade Trading Consortium is a Dementlieuse company, from what I was told, should there not be an office for the BTC in Port-a-Lucine in the Marchand?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2019, 03:44:20 PM »
So there was some discussion on Discord last night for ways to improve Dementlieu and these were some of the ideas discussed also some of the ideas of my own that I was thinking of.

• More Dungeons: Currently the dungeons are mainly the sewers and the smuggle. Since Dementlieu is meant to be mid-high level zone, it was thought that some more dungeons might encourage people to come to Dementlieu. Some ideas for dungeons I had were haunted estates, cultists, falkovnian raiders
  • Expanding the forests: Expanding the Avenue to Edrigne and the forest there. This ties into the above as it was discussed that these dungeons could be located there.
  • Deliveries: Currently there are no fetch quests/deliveries in dementlieu. There could be some from Edrigne to Port-a-lucine. Perhaps to reflect that Dementlieu is a shipping center, some deliveries might require you to go to Ghastria or Bluestien
  • More lower class stuff: There was quite a bit of discussion about the idea to have more stuff for the lower classes. One of the ideas that was brought up in particular was something like the Prancing Nymph gentleman's club. 
  • Player run businesses: This was mentioned in regards to a dementlieuse Gentleman club idea. Though I think it could be expanded further. Right now the theater is player run, but what about cafes, the opera house, taverns, being a teacher at the university

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2019, 04:59:03 PM »
  • More Dungeons: Currently the dungeons are mainly the sewers and the smuggle. Since Dementlieu is meant to be mid-high level zone, it was thought that some more dungeons might encourage people to come to Dementlieu. Some ideas for dungeons I had were haunted estates, cultists, falkovnian raiders

How about this? :D

I don't know how feasible it would be to create a Mistway that only sometimes occurs (perhaps located in Port's Opera House?) that allows entrance to this Domain, which would really only be a dungeon, rather than a new, full-blown domain.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2020, 09:29:20 PM »

How about this? :D

I don't know how feasible it would be to create a Mistway that only sometimes occurs (perhaps located in Port's Opera House?) that allows entrance to this Domain, which would really only be a dungeon, rather than a new, full-blown domain.

Scania is a fun domain but not sure it suits as a dungeon domain. Though having islands off the coast of Dementlieu in the Sea of Sorrows that have dungeons that require going to the docks. That could work. :)

Some other ideas that came to me today.

:arrow: The University Museum would be great, perhaps tie it into the deliveries mentioned above.

:arrow: Wig Maker: so in Gaz 1 it mentions that powder wigs are popular though that fashion doesn't look to be in currently. However a wigmaker could be used to help with the disguise system or the theater by allowing people to change colors for the head and the head itself.

:arrow: new exhibits for the Wax Museum. The Wax Museum is great and a great way to show off characters from the setting. Though I am thinking there should be new ones. What about Malkin or Azalin or Malocchio and so on?

:arrow: Showing game history in game. Dementlieu on our server has had quite a lot of events and upheavels. Several revolutions, successions of Lord-Governor, Foquelaine's attempted coup, and more. However more could be shown IG we do have some past Lord Governor's in the Palais and some museum exhibits.. More stuff like this could be done. Statues of the player councilor of Brilliance, more statues that tell of what happened, squares named after the characters or events.

:arrow: Rentable stores and buildings throughout the city, mainly in the Savant, Ouriver and Marchand. This way if people want to have their own store or location for a player faction they could do so.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:41:18 PM by herkles »

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2020, 08:21:35 PM »
A second Hotel in the Publique or Savant would be nice especially when the port becomes busy a lot of the rooms become taken.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »
Could the Tenement building sign indicate that it is the tenements?

Also could we get street signs IG. :)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2020, 10:32:16 PM »
On the road going from the western gates to the Domaines de la Vie Eclairee, could their be lanterns between the trees probably the rustic variety?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2021, 11:18:40 AM »
Some suggestions:

:arrow: An additional one or two rentable properties in the Marchand
 :arrow: An additional one or two rentable properties in the Savant
 :arrow: An additional one or two rentable properties in the Ouvrie; I believe atm there are none here, so having one for lower class rp would be great IMO.
 :arrow: A Poster board near the terraces for all the posters that people keep putting up
 :arrow: IG Street Signs within the city, so that you can tell which street your business is on

Thoughts?

HouseOfLament

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2021, 01:31:15 PM »
There is a rental with a lot of units in the Ouvier, I've never had problems renting.  It does appear w/ a pinpoint on the map.
Discord: Delawhere

Current:

Dementlieu: Willem van der Hoot, Outlander Beguiler
Barovia: Oliver Blumfeld, Mordentish Shaman

Previous: Anton Durand, Ezrite Cleric of the Fekete Sereg

firelord111

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:39 AM »
A road to go from east to west of city without having to go through the city would be great.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2021, 08:02:58 AM »
A road to go from east to west of city without having to go through the city would be great.

I like the premise of this idea alot. +1

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2021, 09:42:18 AM »
There is a rental with a lot of units in the Ouvier, I've never had problems renting.  It does appear w/ a pinpoint on the map.
I think you are referring to the Tenement houses. I am referring to the various Warehouses in the Marchand and the Shops in the Savant. I would like to see one of them, for the Ouvrie.

I do like the idea of more country side.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2021, 12:06:26 PM »

-1 I do not like encouraging people to not pass through the city. I think that substantially cuts down on prospective oppertunities for RP at no real gain.

Kleomenes

• Dark Power
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2021, 12:23:56 PM »
Count me as a plus 1, along with a plus 1 for stuff that would make it easier for a Port a Lucine underworld to move around. Although it should be more inconvenient to encourage regular traffic through the city.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2021, 12:26:11 PM »

-1 I do not like encouraging people to not pass through the city. I think that substantially cuts down on prospective oppertunities for RP at no real gain.

-1 I think a thruway in the city would be interesting. An Avenue of Modernization if you will. Its building could promote roleplay and if many used it would equally have as much encounter for roleplay as walking by. Think the nobles wouldnt mind a private city road tp pass the Ouvrie lol. And give Gendermie a direct payrol route to keep peasants and foriegners off the street.  It has rp poyential.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Legacy of Dreams

• New to the Mists
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2021, 12:37:49 PM »
I would like to be able to travel around the city for the purpose of herb collection. More herbs in Dementlieu in general would be nice...  :)

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2021, 09:23:15 PM »

There are game mechanics that force people into a very niche part of the server that they would never otherwise ever visit. An unobtrusive pathway to mitigate seems fine in my book, and would not diminish quality of play in the slightest.

BlackEmperor

• Undead Slayer
  • !God Speed
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2021, 09:28:48 PM »
-1 Being forced into uncomfortable society is the point of Dementlieu. Keep the funnel, keep the RP

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2021, 09:30:43 PM »
We've discussed adding a road or a forest path around Dementlieu and are in favor but for the time being no one has volunteered to do it.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2021, 09:57:19 PM »
-1 Being forced into uncomfortable society is the point of Dementlieu. Keep the funnel, keep the RP

A road around the city would be a great quality of life addition for crafters. I dunno about you guys, but sometimes crafters are running around with nearly full inventories and playing inventory tetris to put on your fancy clothes for a 30 second walk through the city is a massive headache when you're constantly in danger of dropping your enchanted items on the floor.
"No, you." -Captain America