Author Topic: Dementlieu Feedback V2  (Read 21635 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Dementlieu Feedback V2
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »
While it'd be nice, it'd be redundant to add another asylum. Our time can be better spent elsewhere, unless a developer feels like adding one, which isn't the case at the moment.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 09:54:56 AM »
While it'd be nice, it'd be redundant to add another asylum. Our time can be better spent elsewhere, unless a developer feels like adding one, which isn't the case at the moment.

That is understandable.

What are your thoughts on the other suggestions mentioned in this thread? Such as having more NPCs in the Marchand and having more areas going out from the Avenue du Progress? :)

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »

That is understandable.

What are your thoughts on the other suggestions mentioned in this thread? Such as having more NPCs in the Marchand and having more areas going out from the Avenue du Progress? :)

Refer to my previous point. None of these are bad suggestions but they need someone to implement them, so someone with the time and desire to do so.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2019, 02:23:51 PM »
Can Emanulle's fashion shop also have leather and metal dyes for outfits :)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2019, 04:48:06 PM »
Can Emanulle's fashion shop also have leather and metal dyes for outfits :)

There's metal dyes available at the dwarf smith in the Marchand.

But yeah, adding leather dyes would be nice, one assumes a fashion shop would deal in leather!
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 05:16:46 PM »
The bazaar does sell all 3 in anycase.

Some more connections between the west and east grassland to go around Port-A-Lucine might be nice to give it more of an enlarged feel.

FellowMan

• Outlander
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »
It feels like the disease procs in the sewer (the black market specifically) stack the odds against anyone setting up in Port's underworld scene.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2019, 10:40:20 PM »
The color of the ballroom floor can make seeing the chat box difficult. Because the floor is so large, from some positions it's difficult to zoom out far enough to get the chat box on some other color.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2019, 10:43:38 PM »
The color of the ballroom floor can make seeing the chat box difficult. Because the floor is so large, from some positions it's difficult to zoom out far enough to get the chat box on some other color.

yea, very bright white that can be kind of blinding.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2019, 07:39:26 AM »

yea, very bright white that can be kind of blinding.

I concur. That junk is almost so bright I’d rather hold my events anywhere else that doesn’t burn my retinas like a freshly opened google chrome window at 3 AM.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2019, 08:18:14 AM »
Try disabling some of the EE shaders, some of them brighten things too much. For the time being there are no plans to change the tiles since this is mostly due to individual players’ settings.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2019, 09:03:12 AM »
To be clear, my feedback is not about aesthetics but accessibility. I've never tinkered with the shaders, so I don't know whether adjusting the white on my end would also adjust the chat color (meaning it would not achieve the contrast necessary to make text more legible). I do know that other areas of the module (e.g. Krofburg) are already so dark that even for a PC with darkvision navigating is an exercise in frustration. Consequently, I'm unlikely to want to optimize globally based on an area that I have spent almost no time playing in and would not expect to do so except for the occasional event.

I think the ballroom *looks* fine. Quite a lot of Dementlieu--as I remarked to Dread about the lift in the theatre only two nights ago--is imaginative and visually pleasing. But the combination of color and area size for the dance floor as a practical matter (for my eyes at least) is problematic.

Quartermaster

• Outlander
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »
If you haven't downloaded this and put it in your override folder you might want to: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/other/nwnee-shader-prototypes-advanced-content
I had the game is too dark to play thing, and this fixed most of the to dark issues.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »
If you haven't downloaded this and put it in your override folder you might want to: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/other/nwnee-shader-prototypes-advanced-content
I had the game is too dark to play thing, and this fixed most of the to dark issues.

Thanks for the suggestion; "too dark" is a much more common experience for me than "too bright" :)

I may give it a try, but I generally try to keep my game as vanilla as possible so that whatever issues I have are likely to be server- and module-based and therefore similar to other users, rather than my own customizations.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 11:37:06 AM »
Maybe this should go into bug fixes, but in the little outdoor cafe, I noticed the black tea and esspresso drinks aren’t consumable.

Quartermaster

• Outlander
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 11:54:49 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion; "too dark" is a much more common experience for me than "too bright" :)

I may give it a try, but I generally try to keep my game as vanilla as possible so that whatever issues I have are likely to be server- and module-based and therefore similar to other users, rather than my own customizations.

By the way, this over-ride was made by Soren...

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
Spoiler: show
quote author=Iridni Ren link=topic=45347.msg622582#msg622582 date=1556198647]

[/quote]

By the way, this over-ride was made by Soren...

Soren? Who dat?

Ok...you convinced me :D

Will give it a whirl.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »
Try disabling some of the EE shaders, some of them brighten things too much. For the time being there are no plans to change the tiles since this is mostly due to individual players’ settings.

I don't actually have anything enabled except for Sharpen, but the excessive white of the Governor's Hotel Ballroom floor has always been a thing. I just never bothered to mention it until someone else did. I can see that they are ICly going for this porcelain-marbled floor look, to be grand and ostentatious, but it's a little rough on the eyes from an OOC standpoint.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2019, 09:56:58 PM »
I wonder if it is possible for a single templar to be in the Cathedral? Considering the importance of the Stained Glass to the faith, it feels odd that there isn't a single templar in the church.  :)

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2019, 12:08:45 AM »
I wonder if it is possible for a single templar to be in the Cathedral? Considering the importance of the Stained Glass to the faith, it feels odd that there isn't a single templar in the church.  :)

Seconded, some Templars would be lovely and a confession booth is sorely needed in the Cathedral!

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2019, 10:17:18 PM »

Seconded, some Templars would be lovely and a confession booth is sorely needed in the Cathedral!

I would like to also suggest that Templars be added outside the two main doors in the isolated Marchand/Savant transitions. Ste. Mere-des-Larmes is the seat of power for the Third Sect, you'd imagine there to be a similar setup to Raduta Keep in Barovia, given it is a major landmark.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2019, 10:57:21 PM »

I would like to also suggest that Templars be added outside the two main doors in the isolated Marchand/Savant transitions. Ste. Mere-des-Larmes is the seat of power for the Third Sect, you'd imagine there to be a similar setup to Raduta Keep in Barovia, given it is a major landmark.

The lack of Templars is intentional; it's in keeping with the scholarly, reclusive mission of the Third Sect; we have no plans to add them.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09:04 PM »

The lack of Templars is intentional; it's in keeping with the scholarly, reclusive mission of the Third Sect; we have no plans to add them.

Not even in the temple near the stained glass? I figure a single templar watching over it(and the anchrotites chamber) would be good. I know they are mostly scholars I just figured the importance of the Stained Glass would warrant at least a single templar to help watch over it.

Bastard Son

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2019, 03:06:01 AM »
Perhaps instead of the traditional Raduta style templars, some stripped down, be-robed warriors that would fit the aesthetic of the temple more, while still making sense to have the protection such a significant place would warrant.
Theodore Brosk

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2019, 06:23:19 AM »
Perhaps instead of the traditional Raduta style templars, some stripped down, be-robed warriors that would fit the aesthetic of the temple more, while still making sense to have the protection such a significant place would warrant.
Seconded...and a confessional booth like what the Refuge in Vallaki has.