Author Topic: Dementlieu Feedback V2  (Read 5895 times)

Arawn

• CC, Developers, and
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Dementlieu Feedback V2
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »
Weíll add a minimal Templar presence and a confession booth.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

RickDeckard

• Monstrous
  • Dark Power
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 08:24:14 AM »
Awesome! Thank you!

BraveSirRobin

• Professional Blue-Coat
  • Dark Power
  • "One's own thoughts are his only prison"
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »
Perhaps instead of the traditional Raduta style templars, some stripped down, be-robed warriors that would fit the aesthetic of the temple more, while still making sense to have the protection such a significant place would warrant.

Even that would make sense. I mean, there's practically one NPC in the entire building accessible to players, and nobody is guarding the Archives. Even the Refuge of the Fifth Light has at least six Templars chilling by the interior doors of their chapel, and then an entire Rectory right beside it. Does nobody guard the special books?

Hypatia

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
What about a ďbeauty salonĒ in Port-A-Lucian where you can change your skin tone?

Iíd love to see this in-game where we donít need a DM, for both our sakes. I changed mine recently, but the lighting is so dramatic in that DM area that you donít know what it looks like really until you get out and I wound up hating what I picked. I like to take my time to get it right, and I really canít because the DM has to wait and I know they have better things to do than watch me spend an hour getting the tone I want. Maybe a place like a salon where you can do it without a DM would be easier for both sides.

Arawn

• CC, Developers, and
  • Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2019, 01:06:30 PM »
What about a ďbeauty salonĒ in Port-A-Lucian where you can change your skin tone?

Iíd love to see this in-game where we donít need a DM, for both our sakes. I changed mine recently, but the lighting is so dramatic in that DM area that you donít know what it looks like really until you get out and I wound up hating what I picked. I like to take my time to get it right, and I really canít because the DM has to wait and I know they have better things to do than watch me spend an hour getting the tone I want. Maybe a place like a salon where you can do it without a DM would be easier for both sides.

Changing your skin tone is not an intended feature. Your skin tone was changed temporarily as part of a DM plot. We have no plans to make this available outside of DM intervention.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

herkles

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
    • Herkles's Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2019, 11:55:08 PM »
Since the Bellgrade Trading Consortium is a Dementlieuse company, from what I was told, should there not be an office for the BTC in Port-a-Lucine in the Marchand?

herkles

• Dark Power
    • Herkles's Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2019, 03:44:20 PM »
So there was some discussion on Discord last night for ways to improve Dementlieu and these were some of the ideas discussed also some of the ideas of my own that I was thinking of.

• More Dungeons: Currently the dungeons are mainly the sewers and the smuggle. Since Dementlieu is meant to be mid-high level zone, it was thought that some more dungeons might encourage people to come to Dementlieu. Some ideas for dungeons I had were haunted estates, cultists, falkovnian raiders
  • Expanding the forests: Expanding the Avenue to Edrigne and the forest there. This ties into the above as it was discussed that these dungeons could be located there.
  • Deliveries: Currently there are no fetch quests/deliveries in dementlieu. There could be some from Edrigne to Port-a-lucine. Perhaps to reflect that Dementlieu is a shipping center, some deliveries might require you to go to Ghastria or Bluestien
  • More lower class stuff: There was quite a bit of discussion about the idea to have more stuff for the lower classes. One of the ideas that was brought up in particular was something like the Prancing Nymph gentleman's club. 
  • Player run businesses: This was mentioned in regards to a dementlieuse Gentleman club idea. Though I think it could be expanded further. Right now the theater is player run, but what about cafes, the opera house, taverns, being a teacher at the university

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2019, 04:59:03 PM »
  • More Dungeons: Currently the dungeons are mainly the sewers and the smuggle. Since Dementlieu is meant to be mid-high level zone, it was thought that some more dungeons might encourage people to come to Dementlieu. Some ideas for dungeons I had were haunted estates, cultists, falkovnian raiders

How about this? :D

I don't know how feasible it would be to create a Mistway that only sometimes occurs (perhaps located in Port's Opera House?) that allows entrance to this Domain, which would really only be a dungeon, rather than a new, full-blown domain.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

herkles

• Dark Power
    • Herkles's Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2020, 09:29:20 PM »

How about this? :D

I don't know how feasible it would be to create a Mistway that only sometimes occurs (perhaps located in Port's Opera House?) that allows entrance to this Domain, which would really only be a dungeon, rather than a new, full-blown domain.

Scania is a fun domain but not sure it suits as a dungeon domain. Though having islands off the coast of Dementlieu in the Sea of Sorrows that have dungeons that require going to the docks. That could work. :)

Some other ideas that came to me today.

:arrow: The University Museum would be great, perhaps tie it into the deliveries mentioned above.

:arrow: Wig Maker: so in Gaz 1 it mentions that powder wigs are popular though that fashion doesn't look to be in currently. However a wigmaker could be used to help with the disguise system or the theater by allowing people to change colors for the head and the head itself.

:arrow: new exhibits for the Wax Museum. The Wax Museum is great and a great way to show off characters from the setting. Though I am thinking there should be new ones. What about Malkin or Azalin or Malocchio and so on?

:arrow: Showing game history in game. Dementlieu on our server has had quite a lot of events and upheavels. Several revolutions, successions of Lord-Governor, Foquelaine's attempted coup, and more. However more could be shown IG we do have some past Lord Governor's in the Palais and some museum exhibits.. More stuff like this could be done. Statues of the player councilor of Brilliance, more statues that tell of what happened, squares named after the characters or events.

:arrow: Rentable stores and buildings throughout the city, mainly in the Savant, Ouriver and Marchand. This way if people want to have their own store or location for a player faction they could do so.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:41:18 PM by herkles »

herkles

• Dark Power
    • Herkles's Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2020, 08:21:35 PM »
A second Hotel in the Publique or Savant would be nice especially when the port becomes busy a lot of the rooms become taken.

herkles

• Dark Power
    • Herkles's Portfolio
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »
Could the Tenement building sign indicate that it is the tenements?

Also could we get street signs IG. :)

herkles

• Dark Power
    • Herkles's Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2020, 10:32:16 PM »
On the road going from the western gates to the Domaines de la Vie Eclairee, could their be lanterns between the trees probably the rustic variety?