Author Topic: Dementlieu Feedback V2  (Read 21841 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Dementlieu Feedback V2
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but considering that Port-a-Lucine gets plenty of low level traffic, it'd be nice if there were delivery quests available between the city and perhaps Edrigan.

It would definitely help those native characters that start their lives in Dementlieu since most opportunities to make money are combat oriented with some job system opportunities that really only give a trickle of coin.

It's been on the to-do list for years but so far no one has completed it.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2021, 11:26:13 AM »
two suggestions.

:arrow: Countryside areas so one could get from the University to the vistani without going through the city or under the sewers.

:arrow: As Port-a-Lucine is well a port on the sea of Sorrows is it possible to get more sea food dishes in the restaurants?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
A number of different suggestions in no particular order, mostly of places to add.

:arrow: Some more outdoor Cafes

:arrow: Seafood Restaurants

:arrow: Restaurants that focus on Mordentish, Borcan, Richemuloise, Lamordian, or Darkonese cuisine, maybe some from Sri Raji and Sourgane?

:arrow: Aquarium - 5e mentions there is an aquarium

:arrow: Hospital - this would be a mundane doctor place focusing on well medicine. It could also offer another place to get healed(though not raised), healing supplies and hospital rp

:arrow: Auberge de la Premere - This is a canon inn not in the city. It offers no food but does offer good Quality rooms. could be similar to either the manor retreat or novaks

:arrow: street signs with names

:arrow: more Ouvrie places for commoner rp. Perhaps one that honors past poor people and with the uniforms of the People's National Army on the wall.

:arrow: For the Rue de Soliel to be like it is described in the Gazetteer going from the cathedral to the Palais

:arrow: The Navigator's Bliss - an observatory used by the Celestines

:arrow: The ambassador buildings
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:44:17 PM by herkles »

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2021, 02:20:44 PM »
I think all of these are great ideas but if I had to choose three to focus on it would be the observatory, The countryside area for around the city and the Ambassador buildings for the interesting RP they might create.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

Dagoth

• New to the Mists
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2021, 11:53:54 AM »
i wanna talk about bounty hunt there. Why axe caliban in sewers costs 3100  ?  it's easy to kill him, he respawn too fast. wouldn't it be better make 3100 reward for Worker's lodge bounty ? and lower axe caliban reward for 2300 ?

Glass Cannon

• Dark Power
  • Friendly Merchant
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2021, 12:13:05 PM »
i wanna talk about bounty hunt there. Why axe caliban in sewers costs 3100  ?  it's easy to kill him, he respawn too fast. wouldn't it be better make 3100 reward for Worker's lodge bounty ? and lower axe caliban reward for 2300 ?

I kinda agree -- although  the Worker's Lodge has chests and stuff.
"Aristocrats and criminals have a lot in common. They’re both selfish, get bored easily, and have access to wads of cash they didn’t have to work honestly to get. The topper? Neither have any interest in bourgeois rules or morality."

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2021, 12:19:18 PM »
I would like to see more of the university, in particular the Military Science building would be be one that I would like to see.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2021, 12:37:09 PM »

I kinda agree -- although  the Worker's Lodge has chests and stuff.

Worker's Lodge is longer, but it's better if you can loot the place and sell off the goods at a merchant. With the right perks, and a decent spawn, the Worker's Lodging can provide 20-30k worth of junk loot to the enterprising merchant in addition to the bounty's head. The Caliban is short, sweet, and with paltry loot in his room. The Smuggler's Den out in the Avenue du Progres is also worth a fair chunk of change if you successfully loot all of it.

Avocadorable

• New to the Mists
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2021, 06:03:20 PM »
It's a small thing, and I'm not sure if any other long term rentals have this issue. Can we please get a bell for the first locked door inside the Sailor? With ingame activity bringing an abundance of activity to the basement area, we get a lot of knocking and foot traffic. It's awkward to emote knocks for people, and since you're not knocking directly on the transition door, using the knock feature doesnt work either. Please and thanks!

PlatointheCave

• Dark Lord
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2021, 06:08:54 PM »

this man speaks the truth

for too long the french have gotten rich on the blood of fat head

Seriously, the payout for that guy is enormous and killing him is trivially easy.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2021, 06:30:23 PM »
It's probably easy if you are familiar with the game, but without stoneskin killing those guys can be really dangerous.

Personally I'd like more smaller money / exp methods added to Dementlieu for low levels. The low level experience is bad from a QoL and difficulty standpoint all around the server but that doesn't mean it could be improved on (Barovia got such improvements in form of low level dungeons like the burned farmhouse). The deliveries are a godsend currently, more stuff like that would be a big noticeable improvement.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2021, 09:24:22 PM »
I don't disagree with Dementlieu having more options for having low levels, but I'd assume the reason nobody raises the point is because if you put your character in Dementlieu from a low level, you can just sit on passive income while enjoying a purely text roleplay experience and potentially even carries & free gear from high levels who have been around for a very long time. The passive income from levels 2-10 is enough to buy you adamantine gear, even more if your only source of XP is roleplaying.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2021, 09:28:57 PM »
It's fine the way it is, there's no need to make it more difficult for new characters to integrate into the setting if they have sound tactics at their disposal. There is always the risk you mess up as well, and you probably will be fully looted if you do. Had it happen to me enough times when I tried on past characters, have it happen to me recently and also people I know.

Adding deliveries would be a great send to those that do not want to take those risks, but leave it for those that do.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2021, 07:02:24 PM »
Can there be a notice board near the bank as that is where a lot of posters get put up.

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2021, 07:40:04 PM »
Walking around Port, I came to realize that the plaza in front of the Governor's Hotel could possible be complemented by some benches. This would provide a much more realistic setting for people to linger/spend their spare time at and would lead to them mingling in a more natural manner, something the terraces don't necessarily or entirely manage. There's something rather awkward about people gathering at a location like the terraces, when it offers little besides high traffic, which in turn becomes glaringly obvious as an OOC convenience rather than an IC one.

The Terraces are also overlooking the IC major road through Dementlieu. More NPCs linger throughout that district than anywhere else as we're supposed to be seeing groups of nobles engaging in politics, and dining, deals, etc. If the Savant was where Nobles went to rest and recline, the Publique is where they go to work.
I'm necro'ing this in light of this

and several other seating around the terraces. It feels weirder than ever now.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2021, 07:45:09 PM »
Walking around Port, I came to realize that the plaza in front of the Governor's Hotel could possible be complemented by some benches. This would provide a much more realistic setting for people to linger/spend their spare time at and would lead to them mingling in a more natural manner, something the terraces don't necessarily or entirely manage. There's something rather awkward about people gathering at a location like the terraces, when it offers little besides high traffic, which in turn becomes glaringly obvious as an OOC convenience rather than an IC one.

The Terraces are also overlooking the IC major road through Dementlieu. More NPCs linger throughout that district than anywhere else as we're supposed to be seeing groups of nobles engaging in politics, and dining, deals, etc. If the Savant was where Nobles went to rest and recline, the Publique is where they go to work.
I'm necro'ing this in light of this

and several other seating around the terraces. It feels weirder than ever now.

To be fair that is what a player has made. Though I do agree that making something like permanent would be a good idea.

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2021, 07:47:02 PM »
To be fair that is what a player has made. Though I do agree that making something like permanent would be a good idea.
That's my point, along with placing those in the plaza, rather than in front of a bank.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2021, 01:37:38 PM »
So to rent property you need a class A license that requires a one time fee of 50k to the Gendarmerie. Could the NPC clerk specify that you have to pay that fee to the Gendarmerie players to let them know about the license? or at least let them know that they need to speak with the Gendarmerie about getting a Class A license without mentioning the amount, if the gendarmes want to be corrupt.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2021, 07:05:56 PM »
So to rent property you need a class A license that requires a one time fee of 50k to the Gendarmerie. Could the NPC clerk specify that you have to pay that fee to the Gendarmerie players to let them know about the license? or at least let them know that they need to speak with the Gendarmerie about getting a Class A license without mentioning the amount, if the gendarmes want to be corrupt.

Sounds like a fake licence already

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2021, 05:13:31 PM »

Sounds like a fake licence already

That's only if you're going to operate a trading business out of the property. You don't actually need a Class-A License unless you're selling things there. So clubs and other non-business related faction housing should be fine. The prohibitively expensive taxes are the Nobility's way of keeping cash poor scrub losers on their toes, naturally.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2021, 03:41:01 PM »
The practice room in the university mentions only second circle spells and below however, the NPC students are using flame arrow which is third circle spell breaking the rules! should the sign be updated or should their be a different spell being used?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2021, 04:10:00 PM »
another legal issue the bullet seller in the marchand sells poison bullets which are illegal. should he not sell them so openly?

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2021, 04:32:07 PM »
another legal issue the bullet seller in the marchand sells poison bullets which are illegal. should he not sell them so openly?

I believe this guy is hiding in a back alley, which seems appropriate. It seems disconnected from the setting for there to be no laws being broken in Dloo.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2021, 07:44:31 PM »

I believe this guy is hiding in a back alley, which seems appropriate. It seems disconnected from the setting for there to be no laws being broken in Dloo.

There are canon reasons that guy is left unmolested in what he does, but revealing them would be a spoiler. You can always try to pursue it IC in a Gendarmerie report. I thought it was an oversight as well, until I did some digging into the source lore behind him.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »
It would be neat if the rooms in the tenements were changed from the pre-fabricated tile to a blank one with just a bed. Allows for tenants to furnish their room (or supplies RP-work to characters who might offer this service). Always struck me as odd that there was a giant book-case in slum lodgings...
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!