You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Dementlieu Feedback V2  (Read 21619 times)

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
Dementlieu Feedback V2
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:30:05 AM »
Feedback for Dementlieu goes here! Old thread was way over the page limit!

Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Dementlieu Feedback V2
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:11:29 PM »
Bouillabaisse Item Description: Bouillabaisse is a traditional fish stew made by boiling several species of fish with herbs and vegetables. The broth is then served as a soup poured over bread seasoned with rouille (a spicy mayonnaise) with the fish and vegetables served separately.

Sole Meunière Item Description: A fillet of sole dredged in flour, pan fried in butter and served with the resulting brown butter sauce, parsley and lemon.

Fairly belated but will add those. If you have more suggestions for food items for Dementlieu, please post descriptions with item appearances here and a possible cost for them.

Bells And Whistles

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:17:53 PM »
Emmanuelle's Fashion

Can we please give this store a much-needed overhaul? There's nothing wrong with the appearance of the clothing items, or the selection offered, just some details that don't make a lot of sense to me. For example, You pay hundreds of coins for these 'noble gowns/suits' and the description's do nothing to indicate such. Could we please add even just a generic description of 'This is a well tailored gown of silk, something, blah blah blah' and set the quality to excellent or some such, or indicate the material as silk. Heck, maybe even a small influence boost.

Instead of what we have now  -

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:48:39 AM »
Could some consideration be given to adding more NPC's to the Marchand? There's quite a few sailors on Widows Walk and two gendarme but other than that the area feels rather empty. The ouvier, publique and savant all are pretty well fleshed out with life but the marchand is a bit lacking imo.

Some suggestions:

A pair of pistolers out side of Gearlings.
A few commoners along the upper streets.
Some outdoor vendors with stalls next to the tanner. Baked goods, fresh fish.
Some shady looking men in the concealed alcove behind the broken spire.
A beggar or two spread out.
A drunk in front of the mutinied Sailor.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:06:10 AM by Philos »

Socha

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • play stupid games; win stupid prizes
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:41:07 AM »
Could some consideration be given to adding more NPC's to the Marchand? There's quite a few sailors on Widows Walk and two gendarme but other than that the area feels rather empty. The ouvier, publique and savant all are pretty well fleshed out with life but the marchand is a bit lacking imo.

Some suggestions:

A pair of armed guards outside of Gearlings would make sense. They could be scripted to head inside and guard the store after dark.
Outdoor vendors are also a good idea to give the area a more mercantile type of ambiance. Maybe show off the imported products that Dementlieu is known for.
Rest are cool as well, maybe conversation lines with the beggars or the shady looking men to direct players toward XYZ locations. i.e. pay a shady man X amount of coin to get direction to the black market
CBT aficionado since 2015.

Song of Danta

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »
Park benches around the usual terrace-lurking spots in Quartier Publique would be nice.

Socha

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • play stupid games; win stupid prizes
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 10:46:27 PM »
What about turning the terrace into an outdoors café?
CBT aficionado since 2015.

Bells And Whistles

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »
When I renew my hotel room, the second key possessed by another PC does not also renew.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »
When I renew my hotel room, the second key possessed by another PC does not also renew.

It has to be in your inventory when you renew.

Bells And Whistles

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 07:32:11 PM »

It has to be in your inventory when you renew.

thanks!

cunning.weasel

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 08:04:40 AM »
A vicious ruffian has gone around Quartier Publique knocking signs askew. These are the ones I noticed:

Spoiler: show

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 07:31:09 AM »
FYI: I've rebalanced the Old Sewers dungeon under Dementlieu; I replaced the much loved oozes with Shaobath's and tweaked the power level of the Thralls.

cunning.weasel

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 04:04:31 AM »
A suggestion for the bank in Port-a-Lucine:

It always strikes me as odd that the bankers announce your funds for all to hear, particularly since the Dementlieuse consider discussing money openly to be in bad taste. Could the banker conversation be set to private?

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 05:32:51 AM »

It always strikes me as odd that the bankers announce your funds for all to hear, particularly since the Dementlieuse consider discussing money openly to be in bad taste. Could the banker conversation be set to private?

Seconding this. Either have it be a private conversation window or an option to write your balance down on a slip of paper. Broadcasting your characters wealth like that is a bit annoying and unrealistic for a banker.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, and I believe it would be of great benefit to expand some more of Dementlieu's areas outside of Port-a-Lucine, particularly around the Avenue du Progress.

As now, it's mostly a straight shot route between Port and Edrigan, and while built very prettily, there's no branching areas off the main road. I think the addition of some side areas branching off the main road, would be of great benefit. They could be as simple as forest clearings, empty caves, secluded ponds, or even abandoned homesteads in the woods, but such would add a lot more interest to the countryside areas of Dementlieu, and would certainly expand the possibilities for RP outside Port-a-Lucine.

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »
Just wanted to say that the Dock Office interior in the Marchand looks very well done since the updates! Nice attention to details!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 09:19:29 PM »

Somewhat late but this will be implemented for all bank NPCs.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 08:27:55 PM »
I noticed that the Gendarme's interior doors get unlocked on resets some times. I presume that should not be the case?

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 11:10:28 PM »
I noticed that the Gendarme's interior doors get unlocked on resets some times. I presume that should not be the case?

That's one of those things that they said they were going to fix a while (6-7 months) ago, but I don't think it ever got fixed. Can't hurt to bump it.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »

Some suggestions:

This would be good to show that the city is more lively. So I like it and hope the Devs take notice. :)

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, and I believe it would be of great benefit to expand some more of Dementlieu's areas outside of Port-a-Lucine, particularly around the Avenue du Progress.

As now, it's mostly a straight shot route between Port and Edrigan, and while built very prettily, there's no branching areas off the main road. I think the addition of some side areas branching off the main road, would be of great benefit. They could be as simple as forest clearings, empty caves, secluded ponds, or even abandoned homesteads in the woods, but such would add a lot more interest to the countryside areas of Dementlieu, and would certainly expand the possibilities for RP outside Port-a-Lucine.

Yea, it would be great to have more areas branching off the Avenue du Progress so I really like this idea :)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 04:29:15 PM »
I wonder if there could be the Asylum of Port-a-Lucine? I think Dementlieu would be the perfect place for that sort of rp. :)

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 04:37:34 PM »
It isn't present currently? Poor Dr. Zuvich.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »

As far as I am aware, nope its not in the module.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 07:33:07 PM »

As far as I am aware, nope its not in the module.

If we're talking about the Asylum in Chateaufaux, they'd have to add a second City to the module, which presents it's own issues down the road, I feel. Anyone who is actually committed to the Asylum (which requires a DM present for, anyways) can still be involved in the RP. But it's much more like a horrifying prison than it is anything truly useful in common RP.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 07:41:02 PM »
If we're talking about the Asylum in Chateaufaux, they'd have to add a second City to the module, which presents it's own issues down the road, I feel. Anyone who is actually committed to the Asylum (which requires a DM present for, anyways) can still be involved in the RP. But it's much more like a horrifying prison than it is anything truly useful in common RP.

Different Asylum. The Asylum in Port-a-Lucine is describe below. That said we had people work at the Zaracroft Asylum, so I figure one could exist in Dementlieu where people could do the rp. :)

The Asylum of Port-a-Lucine is directed by the alienist Dr. Zuvich, a sceptic who does not believe in the Legions of the Night. Among the patients at the asylum is an individual who was abroad the Martha's Pride out of Martira Bay when the vessel was set upon by the undead crew of the Illsong under the leadership of Audun Beck. The unfortunate fellow is now being treated for his 'delusions' of having encountered the 'living dead'.