Author Topic: Sithicus Clean Up  (Read 2184 times)

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
Sithicus Clean Up
« on: February 07, 2017, 07:29:49 AM »
Because I have something like 40+ finished areas that were never added to the module, I figure I should add them to Sithicus. I'm aware there's already thread(s) for this sort of thing but how could more thread(s) possibly hurt? I've been out for nearly two years.Tell me everything that needs to be fixed here.

I'm currently looking over the old thread(s) as well but would like to keep it in one place.

Next update will include:
~New access to Har-Thelen.
~New dungeon (clearly not involving Elketh)
~New areas in Har-Thelen
~Rebalanced dungeons
~Some of the Great Chasm
~More circuitous dialogue that everyone loves
~Encounters in Har-Thelen by night!.. A terrible werebeast of lascivious taste.. who's unusually handsome?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:34:52 AM by The Prophet of Lies »
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Re: Sithicus Clean Up
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:54:21 AM »
I'd love for it to be -possible- to reach Nedgragaard.  Maybe never enter it, but possible to just -see- it at least!

Oh, and possibly an expansion of areas that are useable without being instant death traps, for use as this or that potentially.  Sithicus has a fantastic atmosphere but many folks have never seen it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:56:35 AM by Nemesis 24 »

julienchab

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
I'd love for it to be -possible- to reach Nedgragaard.  Maybe never enter it, but possible to just -see- it at least!

Oh, and possibly an expansion of areas that are useable without being instant death traps, for use as this or that potentially.  Sithicus has a fantastic atmosphere but many folks have never seen it.

You actually can get to the Keep :P

Because I have something like 40+ finished areas that were never added to the module, I figure I should add them to Sithicus. I'm aware there's already thread(s) for this sort of thing but how could more thread(s) possibly hurt? I've been out for nearly two years.Tell me everything that needs to be fixed here.

I'm currently looking over the old thread(s) as well but would like to keep it in one place.

Next update will include:
~New access to Har-Thelen.
~New dungeon (clearly not involving Elketh)
~New areas in Har-Thelen
~Rebalanced dungeons
~Some of the Great Chasm
~More circuitous dialogue that everyone loves
~Encounters in Har-Thelen by night!.. A terrible werebeast of lascivious taste.. who's unusually handsome?

Something I've realized, but not sure if it's really only in the salt mines, the server becomes really laggy sometimes when doing the dungeon, half the times, someone asks to do a server reset.

The Caravan to get to Veidrava, there is a Mist Beetle just on top of it, which makes it very hard to get inside sometimes, so could it be possible to just take it off?

I'll add more things as I can think about them.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:34:55 AM »
Ah, truly?  Admittedly, Sithicus isn't a place you can just 'explore' without some powerful concealment and escape abilities.  Most of my time there is spent frantically running following someone and praying, there's just no chance to wander around and look around unless you want to spend absolutely hours and hours doing it, and most people just can't afford that sort of time.  That and if you die, no one is coming for you.

julienchab

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
Ah, truly?  Admittedly, Sithicus isn't a place you can just 'explore' without some powerful concealment and escape abilities.  Most of my time there is spent frantically running following someone and praying, there's just no chance to wander around and look around unless you want to spend absolutely hours and hours doing it, and most people just can't afford that sort of time.  That and if you die, no one is coming for you.

Once you get to har-thelen, there is actually a lot of maps between the end of Veidrava and the run back to the city that you can explore without danger. This said, my biggest fear when exploring is that I don't actually know the power of the monsters, and where the traps are, so even under GS, I can get totally rekted.

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 10:14:46 AM »
My failure in designing it was the presumption that everyone would be equally efficacious as myself when it comes to wanting to spend hours upon hours grinding to see relatively little. I will be correcting this by removing and/or lowering the intensity of the overland encounters. This doesn't mean the dungeons will any less difficult but I intend to make them more manageable. The clearly-not-Elketh's new dungeon isn't like anything the server has seen before -- its first half is exploratory and is more concerned with telling a story than making it super hard to overcome. It's more about party vs boss encounters than mobs of enemies. It has a literal "hub" that you use to travel to different parts of the dungeon to do specific tasks before coming back to continue on to the next one.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 10:22:56 AM »
The clearly-not-Elketh's new dungeon isn't like anything the server has seen before -- its first half is exploratory and is more concerned with telling a story than making it super hard to overcome. It's more about party vs boss encounters than mobs of enemies. It has a literal "hub" that you use to travel to different parts of the dungeon to do specific tasks before coming back to continue on to the next one.

Sounds terrif!

Next update you say?

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »
Next Sithicus update. Not next server update.
~Andrew Jackson

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »
Hope i will ever get a character Sithicus ready....

Building out off the mists

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »
Damn that dungeon sounds really cool! I'll have to bring erzse up to a good level to check out Sithicus!
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 03:20:12 PM »
I would love it if Har-Thelen gets flashed out more, I have only explored it ones but it seems a bit lifeless (although I love the layout and overall design). There are not a lot of places to visit/enter into (if any), no inn as far as I could find, no shops, temples or mage guild, restaurants or wine bars where the elf's can cry into their wine and just one stall that sells only a few simple items at ridiculous prices.

As the people of Har-Thelen are mostly from the House of Nobles (they have the money, power, organizational skills and traditional aristocratic authority and sort of hold Sithicus together) I would think they would have some culture, maybe not like in port, but in their own way. And speaking of the houses, maybe there can be someone from the House of Wizards or the House of Rangers around complaining about the dominant house, maybe something nice for a inside area?
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
I would love it if Har-Thelen gets flashed out more, I have only explored it ones but it seems a bit lifeless (although I love the layout and overall design). There are not a lot of places to visit/enter into (if any), no inn as far as I could find, no shops, temples or mage guild, restaurants or wine bars where the elf's can cry into their wine and just one stall that sells only a few simple items at ridiculous prices.

As the people of Har-Thelen are mostly from the House of Nobles (they have the money, power, organizational skills and traditional aristocratic authority and sort of hold Sithicus together) I would think they would have some culture, maybe not like in port, but in their own way. And speaking of the houses, maybe there can be someone from the House of Wizards or the House of Rangers around complaining about the dominant house, maybe something nice for a inside area?

I'm adding an inn and the entirety of the wizard's guild with the new Sithicus update. Both areas are built and fully scripted. Appreciate the feedback.
~Andrew Jackson