Author Topic: Erroneous and ineffective creatures.  (Read 138269 times)

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
Re: Erroneous and ineffective creatures.
« Reply #450 on: May 20, 2022, 02:08:40 AM »
Even then, I had a slashing resistance belt on for the first half of it before I started swapping them around to find one that works, and couldn't.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #451 on: May 20, 2022, 02:45:41 AM »
maybe their weapons count as magical so they go beyond the x/ ?

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Disorder

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #452 on: May 20, 2022, 02:58:14 AM »
Answer is simple: great many creatures do combination of slashing and piercing damage with the most effective being dealt as a result. Take on swordsman belt + nobility helmet. The result is going to be 5 damage being absorbed. Take on treant shirt + archers belt and the result is going to be 3 damage being absorbed, all because of the shirt being -/3 slashing

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #453 on: May 20, 2022, 06:43:40 AM »
Looks fine to me. Some creatures have multiple creature weapons, some creatures have some that do dual types, and I suspect your "damage reduction wasnt respected" because at the time you had a greater damage reduction already from greater stoneskin (you absorbed 20 points), damage reduction doesn't stack with damage reduction, it just takes the highest that works for the situation.

Which is why Huge Shabaoth was "playing fair", because it can hit past your greater stoneskin (because it doesn't play fair, lol) so your barbarian damage reduction has the priority.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #454 on: May 20, 2022, 08:08:22 AM »
Fair enough, I didn't consider that they could have dual damage types.

Tabula Rasa

• New to the Mists
« Reply #455 on: May 20, 2022, 08:13:33 AM »
DM confirmed that Gudkaede Archers of Hazlan are armed with elven shortbows they cannot equip. I am unsure if the weapons the Gudkaedes have match the feats they have in general.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #456 on: May 26, 2022, 12:36:38 PM »
DM confirmed that Gudkaede Archers of Hazlan are armed with elven shortbows they cannot equip. I am unsure if the weapons the Gudkaedes have match the feats they have in general.

This is now fixed, thanks for reporting it.

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #457 on: June 24, 2022, 09:23:09 AM »
Huecuva High Priest's cast Inflict Minor Wounds, which diminishes their stature as they will prefer to do this over attacking. This should probably be removed from their spell pool, perhaps along with Inflict Light Wounds.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:25:23 AM by EarlofEtheria »

Tabula Rasa

• New to the Mists
« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2022, 12:45:08 AM »
Nordenvall Fane Reliquary Gudkaede Guard regularly spawns as an otter or whatever that is.

Sometimes that room has six gudkaedes but 50% of the time there is a single otter.

In addition, gudkaede guards have feats for long and short sword, but not for their actual weapon.

Dardonas

« Reply #459 on: August 08, 2022, 12:47:27 AM »
Nordenvall Fane Reliquary Gudkaede Guard regularly spawns as an otter or whatever that is.

Sometimes that room has six gudkaedes but 50% of the time there is a single otter.

In addition, gudkaede guards have feats for long and short sword, but not for their actual weapon.

I think the Dev's have a whole lot of otter problems to worry about besides this.

(This is hilarious)

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #460 on: August 08, 2022, 02:57:59 AM »
Clearly that Guard offended a Red Wizard with Baleful Polymorph. But that's no excuse to shirk his duty.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #461 on: August 08, 2022, 08:33:10 PM »

Spoiler: show

I'll fix this.

Lexica

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #462 on: August 29, 2022, 03:53:36 PM »
This is me once again drawing attention to the Sleeping King's castings of Destruction. Against any group capable of making it to him, they're entirely useless, as you have to pass through a gauntlet of mobs spamming a higher level death spell at you the whole way. It's just a waste of his limited presence that lets groups beat him up for free without having to worry about his much more dangerous attacks with his sword.
Michelle Anciaux

Kamfrenchie

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #463 on: October 02, 2022, 11:45:56 AM »
The molds that can be found the mushroom filled room of the cave connecting dvergeheim to the southern forest have several problems.

First off, once they've attacked you once, it seems that after a while they manage to move and chase you.
Second, their resistances are very wieird. They have high immunity to cutting, positive energy, electricity even fire.

Plus they corrode weapons on a fairly high DC.

I dont think they add much of anything to the dungeon anyways

stefan pall

• Outlander
« Reply #464 on: October 25, 2022, 04:03:55 AM »
Huecuvas in the Village cast turn undead that makes the ghouls around them run away in fear.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #465 on: October 27, 2022, 08:58:02 PM »
Huecuvas in the Village cast turn undead that makes the ghouls around them run away in fear.

I'll remove Turn Undead from the huecuvas.

Legebrin

• Outlander
« Reply #466 on: February 10, 2023, 10:36:41 PM »
Hazlan krenshars special ability never works, no dc, no effect, just animation :(

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #467 on: February 18, 2023, 02:35:33 PM »
Hazlan krenshars special ability never works, no dc, no effect, just animation :(

I've tried to fix this. Is this still an issue ?

Legebrin

• Outlander
« Reply #468 on: February 19, 2023, 11:16:29 PM »

Works fine now it seems, also is it possible to make demonologists in Perfidus temple to cast "haste" after the time-stop and then everything else? Because they cast time-stop and then try to ward themselves sloooowly with no haste, such algorythm seems to be absolutely wrong, unhuman and ineffective.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 11:19:22 PM by Legebrin »

Krosenq

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Master
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2023, 05:13:51 AM »
The regular "shadows" in the Sullen woods constantly provoke attacks of opportunity whenever they attack. I don't know if it's because they lack a creature weapon, or because their touch attacks are implemented this way. Either way, it's a bit strange, and makes them very easy to deal with.
Active: Warrick Geth - Journal and Story

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2023, 05:17:26 AM »
The regular "shadows" in the Sullen woods constantly provoke attacks of opportunity whenever they attack. I don't know if it's because they lack a creature weapon, or because their touch attacks are implemented this way. Either way, it's a bit strange, and makes them very easy to deal with.
Touch attacks always proc an AOO. The shadows suffer from constantly spamming their draining touch attack, thus provoking a ton of AOO's. If it could be changed so that they are less prone to spamming this attack that would go a long way to fixing it.
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Nularia

• Outlander
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2023, 03:21:11 AM »
Hi there! While traveling into the caves on the realm I ran into a mob called a:

Choking Cinder Fungus.

The Description of this fungus states its "HIGHLY FLAMMABLE"

However it seems to actually have a fair amount of Fire immunity, completely ignoring the effects of Darkfire added to a weapon.

I kinda feel like this is fairly misleading, or something overlooked?

Was directed to bring it up here!

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #472 on: May 10, 2023, 11:50:07 PM »
The molds that can be found the mushroom filled room of the cave connecting dvergeheim to the southern forest have several problems.

First off, once they've attacked you once, it seems that after a while they manage to move and chase you.
Second, their resistances are very wieird. They have high immunity to cutting, positive energy, electricity even fire.

Plus they corrode weapons on a fairly high DC.

I dont think they add much of anything to the dungeon anyways

I love these I think they are great. Make me think twice about my herb picking!

LegoRobot

• Outlander
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2023, 01:38:14 AM »
The little baby spiders from the Port brothel are able to open doors.
Playing:
Lia Allennen
Quigley Flickerspark

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #474 on: March 04, 2024, 07:03:31 PM »
Tuskmore Skoven - South
Manticores spawn very near the transition that leads toward/away from Ramulai (depending on which direction you're going). Their quill attack easily corpses you if you're at low health and they also continue to use the attack after you've been downed meaning there's no chance to recover from bleeding.

These mobs should be moved a sufficient distance away from the transition so that RA players can travel with some moderate safety. If they were pushed off to the side a bit more it would be ideal.

I'm also sitting here with 19 AC so I'm unsure as to why I got hit as often as I did. Maybe I don't understand ranged touch attacks?