Author Topic: Random Transistioning  (Read 1463 times)

Dumas

• Dark Power
Random Transistioning
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:00:35 AM »
As my character was walking through Port-a-Lucine, Quartier Publique, near the terraces, outside of the Voix de l'Ame, heading toward the center of the Publique area, they were transitioned. 

It has occurred at this spot twice for me, though the previous time was months ago. My character was walking using the AWSD keys, in a straight path, heading from the Marchand transition, going to the terraces. It hit approximately when I passed the Voix de 'lAme door. I was transitioned to the Sewers, Beneath the Quartier Publique, approximately at the empty doorway near the wererat lords. I was not near the ladder used for normal transitioning, that exits the sewers and heads up to the Publique outside the Manor Retreat.  I used this ladder to leave the sewers, and it seemed to function normally. I was unable to replicate it when returning to the initial spot of the bug. The time was about 10:50pm UCT -8 (UTC 6:50am) today.

This occurred after a server reset, approximately 10 minutes after one. 

This might have something to do with this known issue -
Being teleported to the other end of an area upon entering it

Another bug that's been existing in the game for long, this bug will occasionally send people to the other end of the map when entering an area, often leaving them trapped on cliffs or similar, requiring DM help to be released. Again, it's a Bioware bug.

I know such affects the Quartier Savant, and a climbable vine was placed to help players navigate back to the proper playable area. This problem is not exactly the same, as it transports you to an entirely different area. It makes me think that maybe transition glitches in the Publique can send a player to the transition on the sewer grate outside the Manor Retreat, causing automatic entrance into the sewers.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:02:46 AM by Dumas »

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
Re: Random Transistioning
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »
I can second this, in almost the exact same spot.  You're walking and then suddenly transitioned to a point in the sewers.  This happened to me maybe three nights ago.

Bells And Whistles

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Slayer
Re: Random Transistioning
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 01:08:44 AM »
I can second this, in almost the exact same spot.  You're walking and then suddenly transitioned to a point in the sewers.  This happened to me maybe three nights ago.

+2