You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Death by Transition and Struck from Beyond  (Read 1710 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Death by Transition and Struck from Beyond
« on: December 30, 2016, 05:38:54 AM »
Lately I noticed some odd Death Bugs occurring in game Particularly the transition death bug where you escaped a group of enemies fo through a transition only to find about five seconds later something hits me dubbed. Someone hits Jack Wilson for 13 dmg and suddenly find mysely dying on the floor with a Werewolf just now spawning into the area.

Or you escape baddies and none were around you when enter the transitoon as you smoked them behind you several feet only to spawn in new transition dyong or dead.
Its almoat impossible to get the screen shot less your anticipating it but when it happens I seen spells hit players next transition over and wondered how.

Had a situation where huecuva cast hold person and the spell came flying out the transition hit me and he spawned in several seconds later.

Any ideas guys?
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Styngraven

• New to the Mists
Re: Death by Transition and Struck from Beyond
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:01:06 PM »
No idea but it just happened to me so I feel your pain.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
Re: Death by Transition and Struck from Beyond
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 11:58:39 PM »
I find that I take damage through a transition very rarely, but lag can certainly cause it. There is a lot of desync in this game, it is old, its netcode is far from perfect.

I have suggested it many times before in situations like this, where as Jeebs said, you just cannot get a screenshot unless you're anticipating it, even then it's dicey.

Consider a retroactive recording solution like NVidia Shadowplay or the AMD equivalent so with a single button you can capture the last few minutes of gameplay and improve context in dodgy situations. Record with equivalent resolution to what your game runs in but minimise the bitrate for best results with keeping text readable and file size low. Try to guess which of these was a regular, full quality screenshot, and which is a picture of a low-bitrate recording.

I have used Shadowplay before to help DMs determine whether certain scenarios were rulebreaks, and also capture unexpected bugs so Devs could see them. They will really appreciate the evidence. It would be nice if the entire community could get on this bandwagon to find more bugs and give DMs the proof they need. Also, in conjunction with one-click screenshot programs like ShareX, you can get angles that would've been highly unlikely in the moment for cool screenshots.

This is all to say that if you did get proof you died to a glitch, a DM might be able to help you. But without proof...
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.