Author Topic: The Arylon Knave  (Read 1899 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
The Arylon Knave
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »
Events in Vallaki backfired Randy didnt expect the person to have snuck out of the church to be a halfling let alone rat him out like the skank of a pimp. Even so the moment she started to give him problems he prepared to leave Barovia. He knew words would not convince the dimwits thier they were to jumpy to accuse especially when it came to hurt those precious Garda. How dejected he was how a so called good halfling was accused of murder so easily by a woman who was shadier than himself.

Grinning Randy didnt mind he wasnt evil. He had killed the same garda who killed his friends and his master. The same garda who never thought of how thier a tions effected the lives of the outskirts. Thats okay, going back tk his old ways as a thief reminded him of his days in Arylon back in Faerun. He robbed crom the rich and gave to the poor. Soon the rich of Dementlieu will complain and the poor will rejoice and once he had gain enough fame and infamy the hin Merip well there was always those willing to kill for the right price.

Who knows maybe he find a rifle again and take a few shots out at her for fun. For now Sir Ramos had his attention making this popper tonpoppet was his chance to riches and revenge.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: The Arylon Knave
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »
Rain this world was always rqi ing like a weepy widow whose husband was shot in the face. Frankly Randy did the noblewoman a favor given her husbands reputation. Claiming bounties wqs easy when you worked both sides of the coin. Xesperatrly he was hoping to find this Elias man running the Red Vardo. That was his ticket in keeping alive and having the money to gain bqck his freedom.

So far no on3 tried to claim the bounty funny his reputation with a rifle seem to proceed him as pursuers and rumors gave lore at how much a deadshot he was. Five Vallaki garda dead. Humerous he only lilled the one as the garda was able to identify him from his wall perch. Funny how he couldnt see the little halfling woman but heard her walking about. She waited for others to do her work typical roguish behavior. She was proud to snoop for good and yet how funny a snooper was also a squeler.

If she began to work her way in Dementlieu it wouldnt be so well for her, Merip, thieves and rogues had codes and she broke one of them. And snitches always ended up in ditches. No matter Randy played the serbant card before to keep himself out of trouble. It was good there were few priests of yondalla in Dementlieu he was doing an excellent job in keeping people from suspecting him.

Particularly this Blackmoor fellow. A simple chap wanting acceptance in this nobility society. Not hard enough if he can be a priest the man can be a poppet if he wants. Sadly criminals here were tougher, cunning, and above all numerous he was surprise the whole poof5 center of the city wasnt a thief. Though making the surface town to a rogue land would be excellent a part of the city the gendermie would even be afraid to enter. But that required sucoers, workers,  and loyaltists n9ne of those few in this city. And the people would want his protection afterall a outlander who suddenly supplies homes, food, and above all a haven from thieves hell even nobles would love the idea.

Soon....

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »
Peace. Dementieu was as good in peace as it was a sham in stability the instability of the rich and the poor was revolting. If Barovia was a backwards cesspool of death this place was its cousin in corruption. Portraying as a servant gatherer and animal hunter for cooks Randy played upon his Halfling nature and convinced many he was Derrick Longbarrel. Upon the account they wanted an actual Halfling name and not one made up though Derrick Stevenson was a pretty good name seems this world looked down on Halfling more so than a orc. He had no regrets to the situation in Vallaki those Garda deserved to die for the crimes of killing all those innocent halflings. Mays view of peace among the bigguns was a clouded one she didn't have to dayly see his mistreatment by his fellow adventurers let alone watch as his kin were treated like toys or things for amusement. It sickened him one of his own a sneak and a Halfling would rat him out. Obviously no honor among thieves in this land let alone among halflings.

Merip was her name he have to remember that. If she wasn't done in by the bigguns surely she be done in by the people. More than likely she had friends and that be the annoying part. Randy wasn't one to seek vengeance or even kill but matters changed he had change he didn't feel evil he felt justice needed to be done that even law men weren't above the heinous act of their crimes. Hence he began to steal from the rich and give to the poor of the Dementlieusu people. Priest Derrick was often sought for rations and aid be it fixing a shack getting them aid by the hospice. Faking magic scrolls and potions as a cleric was getting expensive though and he had begun to dip into the funds he set aside for the poor. And stealing from the rich so often was becoming a hazard with Gendarmie about albeit the sudden disappearance of this Justine lass made work so much easier with out her skulking about.

Frankly he needed to buy his firearm and study more in Yondalla's teachings maybe the good ways may enlighten him otherwise he felt he soon be like any of the other thieves and such here. Though the Black Market was a far more amusing place if not dangerous compare to the Drain. Surely nothing was more entertaining then watching foolish gendarmie be kidnap from sticking their nose in the wrong business albeit the people they after were bad people. He knew in this land the law was a joke nothing like the great Tormites or Latharians of Arylon. There was nothing noble of law men who stared blindly to the poor or outcast a people victimized by the mist. Soon... Soon things will be all right again.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 07:09:07 PM »
This place was evil. The good were more wicked than those evil and Randy was a criminal for doing what is right. Even saving a gendarmie from certain death the tall man tried to kill him. The hot blood that ran across his chest. He did not know why the gendarmie chose to attack him among the fight of gang members but he did and Randy stood victorious over the fool his nightshade in hand. How? Why? Agonizing thoughts came a ross his head that his many mentors and masters would be disappointed with him. Even May the Yondalla loving paladin turned him away where he sought sympathy he found hate. She willingly defended those who hurt thier people tall kin who had done horrible things. It didn't matter none of them would leave him be all the tall folk call out Randy as a Murderer and he had decided if he was to die he fight for his life and fight for his beliefs.

Time all he had was time. Randy missed Edwina she was a sweetheart but he doubt she would g8ve him the time of day. The streets of harakir were just dusty paths and the people seem to look at him disapprovingly. Yondalla did he hate tall folk it seems it was time to answer these callings crom thieves guilds many were impressor with his record of murders. Randy laughed catching a bit of dust coughing as he thiught back of Dementlieu they refered to him as some wild halfling deflesher all it was the dumb gendermie tripping over spike traps. Rwndy just had to keep robbing rich folk keep alive till he can get a rifle again. And then that woman Rodica and Merip will pay for thier falsification. Time was his friend and it was his enemy goddess he missed May it was the only thing pure left in his life.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »
Derrick Ronald was his name a half kin Mordentish fop traveling the lands to find things to merchant. That was who Randy was now and the fact Edwina took him in willingly was magnificent he was not alone anymore and it felt great. Many seem to forgotten Randy and many were worried of more fearful things. But that didn't change the fact they still couldn't know who he was and that he was now becoming part of the underworld the irony of being a buccaneer for Arylon and now being a criminal. How this realm changes people. The Garda were weakened and Vallaki was right for revenge, maybe, probably depends upon his mood. Either way Edwina's backside was looking good, money was flowing, and above all Garda were dying all that was missing was the wine. The game was a foot see if he could some how turn the outlanders upon the government of vallaki given the weaken state it be like checking the privileges.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »
Randy Chavalier had passed beheaded by the Garda he swore he would not kill again after a pleading woman of Tymora. Did he rant before his death, did he chose to fight, nae silently he felt long overdue from this world. Taken by the mist left in such a desolate realm of despair and unfair the tragedy that was Randy Chavalier. He came spirited regardless of his lost to home working among others till that tragic day in Raduta Keep where his comrades abandon him for a year. He served that terrible dark lord each night fearing for his life till the good dwarf Grum and his friends traveled into the keep. Freed he could recall his joy at finding people and yet the fear in trusting them. How his humble dwarven master taught him the way of the forge and the tongue of dwarves. And yet on the route to selling his goods Randy watched as the Garda took his master for selling with out a license to the gallows. His savior and closest friend hung like an animal to be slaughtered not for even the meat or sport of it. So did Randy wallow in the Drain taking up his new trade.

Robbing the barovians of vallaki was just his outcry and pain stealing from them what little they had to compensate the lost to Grum's family. He had failed to save his master and yet he had failed himself. The goodness with in died that day and he did not care either way where his path lead till the woman of Tymora a priestess halfling convinced him otherwise. But of the greatest of tragedies was the one of love. The priestess insisted there were ways with out violence for their kind as Randy watched his people persecuted, killed, and kicked around be little by the tall folk. Then his darling Rosa a ferocious halfling warrior stole his heart together they protected the outskirts and all hins from the evil that were the Bigguns. Giving hins a fair chance at survival tending to their wounds and their needs exclusively and like the dream a nightmare rose. Rosa had been accused of disturbing the peace of vallaki defending a hin shot down by a no more than five garda. Upon hearing this he ran from Dementlieu's port lucine where they were homed as he had begged her to not care of Vallaki no more. But as he came too the outskirts did he watch his beloved Rosa set ablaze in a burning fire. Watchedas the Garda once more took away what he loved.

In those last embers of life all Randy knew was death and with his musket and arms did he spend nights, weeks, potshotting the garda at night from their walls. Accused of only killing one but having killed twenty. But it would never end till one of his own betrayed him to their biggun friend Zafirah. Oh how he cursed that halfling for being so naive and against their people. He paid a good sum to have her assassinated and was proud when given the corpse which he lay out to the mist. For a time he had long forgotten Vallaki returning to Dementlieu until the time of war. Under the name Derrick Ronald did he serve his lordship in his manor only to be tossed to the regime of the Gendermie to serve in his lord's sons place. Bitterness welled as he fled the land cast out as a traitor for fleeing the gendermie and his post. Once more the tall folk took advantage of his kindness and it was then he decided it was his time to die fighting.

So he prepared and aided those against the Garda. The death ofRodica did give Randy a bit of smirk but it was not enough. When some one told him of Mirceas death he prayed it was true. The irony he was found by the man at the church. Given few knew of his true identity he thought the Garda was softer than before and would play to his foriegn nature. He could of escaped, should of escaped, but it would make him a wanted criminal again and he did not have the strength to do that again or deal with the money grubbing, faming claiming, indignent bigguns again. The Irony his kind Tymoran Priestess Alaethe had inspired him to turn good again and yet here Randy knelt before the ax of the man who he saw honorable as the garda. Oh did he whisper in his mind. "My dear friend Darelmir how you sought true death and it was always right beside you. How I longed for leaving this life for only the moments of risking it did I truly feel alive. Forever in my mind shall I think of you my friend for you brought me joy again. Now I will curse these Garda and rise again in True Death. Oui mon ami, I shall rise and become a Dullahan and seek my revenge. My head will be gone and so I will rise until I claimed Eleven Garda lives. Dimitru mezomi, you fought me with honor, you did not beat a man in a cage while he was outnumbered. You I will spare you and yours I will never care. Eleven Garda lives one at the stroke of nine. Dear mists I have fallen my life is no longer mine. Raise me as you have taken everything from me and give me a new life. For all I have left is vengeance in my soul and True Death in my heart. Faer you well those I met for I shan't be coming home."