Author Topic: Jack be nimble Jack be Swift (a tale of mental loss)  (Read 3434 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Jack be nimble Jack be Swift (a tale of mental loss)
« on: September 16, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »
Darkness once more the mist swirled over Jack as he slept at night o0ening his eyes to the whispers. He shuddered in copd sweat holding his precious gifts his precious prizes made him stronger he liked being strong people left him alone. His mind raced hearing the whispers of thenmist everyone was so scared of he knew the deeper mist had scary things but the mists at the end helped him hear the Mist man.

"Hey Jack."

Jack smiled running his hands through the mist. "Heyz Mistmans... i got the things ju asks...."

"I know Jack. But you know thier trying to kill you... they stol your presents. The halflings are gonna take you away from being the strongest."

Jack frowned. "I not like dems dems always bothering Jacks. "

"I know Jack. But you need to get stronger or they cant see me. They left the Mist 2ith out paying the penalty."

Frowning Jack tilt his head. "Dems not pays price? Mist man sads?"

"I am ajack very sad. Thier bodies need to come back so I can send them home. They arebad for this place. You need more presents. Jack find my baby it will help you its teeth are sharp. You need to find more of my presents Jack 5he5n you will see everything and see your mommy again."

"Okays Mistmans.... yous my bestfriends you never lies or hurts Jack."

Mist swirled into Jacks breathe. "I am Jack. Your my bestfriend too. Dont die Jack remember thier all mean they all want your presents."
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: Jack be nimble Jack be Swift (a tale of mental loss)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 02:42:09 AM »
Dwarves made Jack happy. Them fights but Jack feels diffrent hims starts not caress what dem bad people tink. Jack ready to protect self.... witch medea bad. Pitics bad.... people bad.....

Mistman: "I know Jack. You should find my presents and get stronger then you can hurt them like they hurt you. Soon Jack soon.

Jack so alones..... Rain gone..... Lucca gone..... Garda not wants him.
Jack want go homes to mamma.

Mistman: "I'll be your friend Jack. I'm always your friend. Don't worry Jack the Mists will always be your friend."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:22:35 AM »
Murdered Jack was defeated by a girl pitic name Rose. The defeat wasnt humble at all the big man quivered in fear and disgust. The people there disnt even try to help him nor did they care. Jack realized then no one cared why should he care any more. So he fled the terrible camp of mist. He wanted to kill Rose nothing else seem to interest him. The nights he slept all he could remember was the vision of the pitic assaulting him.

Not but a day later trying to earn money did a pitic try to rob him. It was a sneaky pitic which took advantage of the woods where the werewolf got him. The pitic had stole his big pouch of Fangs and robbed him of his cape the one Rain gave to him including his armor fleeing when the other werewolves showed up. Naked and dying Jack got up wounded to the temple where people looked at gim in distain.

All he wanted in this new place was to be accepted. Its was no diffrent than his Mamma or the people in his village. Jack was the bad guy even though he was the victim. The Mistman pestored him in his dreams a lot lately. Some times Jack even saw him awake twlling him he needed to act before they did.

Trembling outdoors curled up Jack whimpered the madness of it all straining him to do bad things again. He missed Rain, Ren, and Lucca those were his only friends. The only ones who understood him. The dwarves were nice to him they understood how Jack felt.

Jack coudlnt understand why the pitics wouldnt leave him alone. Why couldnt they listen and leave him be. They went to far and Rose had tipped Jack over. He went at night to every halfling hovel in Vallaki and with his axe he chopped them into bits tossing the rain at the were rats to eat. Jack twitched in delight as they quivered and tremble.

Looting what little they had wqs rhe beginning in thier blood he would scrawl the word "Rose" at each place he visited. By morning he felt a little better.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »
Jack huddled in an alley in the cold winter of vallaki.  Crisp breathe blew fog of warmth as if his soul was escaping. Seemingly nowhere he went did any give jack solace or a break from torment. The mean names and the antagonizing abuse mental, emotional, physicql only festered hatred in the poor soul he had. The halfligs were celebrating joyously whipe he suffered it made him growl like a beast.

The Morning church did not 2ant him b3cause of the fighting other caused with him. The Lady Rest inn was no longer a sanctuary as people chastise him. Those weak were now much stronger than Jack and it infuriated him how much he wanted to kill them but couldn't. Clutching an odd doll he spoke to the creepy long biege black clothed eye doll in form of the Mistmqn now and then begging to make him stronger.

In his cold bitter sleep he could feel the cold his mind thinking of May and Rose two female halflings who had ruin his life. Jack recall the farm boys back home who ruined his life killing his friends the farm animals. How his village always called him dumb, a brute, or how his momma tried to kill him by forcing him to clean the fire pit and setting him on fire.

Jack wanted to be the strongest..... no one could hurt him if he was strong. Killing the halflings 0ne by one... He recall theblast few days at hqlfling settlements slaughtering hins in thier sleep scrawling the names May and Rose on the walls of the houses.  Grinning jack like when th8er tiny b9nes cracked as he squashed them.... soon. Soon he show that yondalla how bad her creation are. Jack vowed he would not let anymore hins bother him anymore.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:57:23 AM »
Trembling Jack sat in the corner whispering the demented nursery rhyme. Once more people betrayed him a woman ran past him with many skeletons and force him to run as well. The echoes of the Morning Lord crypt filled with clattering bones and arrows caused him to fall. Her blue eyes and reddish hair with a scared painful expression. "I'm sorry...." Jack never felt so much rage but as he lay dying and the skeletons trampling over him his conscious slip to madness.

All he could think about how alone he was, how mean they all were to him, he 2Worked hard like any Barovian, he sought to do whats right but they never worked with him. Jack was an outcast while they were treated like people. Through bloody teeth he prayed to the Mist God, he begged to be stronger, he pleaded to the Mistman as he blacked out.

Time seem like nothing like he was sleeping before he heard voices the Mistman's voice all to familiar whispered to him. "Yondalla is evil! Did her children not be mean to you? Did not her people kill you three times! Stupid stupid Jack... hate is all around you. You must make the people remember their hate... why they hate the outlanders. You are a good barovian you work hard as they do. You must be angry and brave to be sly and strongest. Even now Yondalla tries to kill you."

As Jack stirred he could see the woman and the halfling. It preached how Jack was a threat and Not worth saving. How he was evil. Jack could only grit his teeth as the woman Who got him killed look onto him sadden. Jack looked at her wearily not wanting to die. But she turned her back walking away from him. Fire built in his body his anger rouse suddenly with a burst of strength he lunge chopping the halfling's arm. The woman scream and Jack simply backed hand her to the wall her compatriot screaming in agony.

"You killz jack! You weaks and bring skullies to kill jack! You den walks way to let jack dies again! Yondalla evil! Hers pitics evils! Dems steals from jack! Hurts Jack! And you... you do wrongs to jack. Now jack does wrongs to youz!'

Jack proceeded to beat the woman till she could not move then turn on the halfling who screamed for help chopping her to bits. Jack smile was elated the joy of being stronger than others strength was everything it was simple it was clean it was truth. He was not strong but he would be he needed to be. As the skeletons arrived the Huecuvas began to chant but instead of fighting Jack picked up the barely conscious woman and kneeled offer8Ing her to the Huecuva and skeleton priests.

Puzzled Tthe  simple.creatures took the offering and instead of attacking in a raspy voice They spoke. "Seek the Lawgiver the true King of Strength. Then you will know your place."

Puzzled Jack never heard that name but if it would Make him stronger then so be it. There was much for Jack to do many people to pay back. He laughed reciting a demented version of a Nursery rhyme.

"Jack be nimble. Jack be quick. Jack jump over the Candle stick. Did Jack burn? No he didn't the mean people burnt Jack till he was crisp. Angry and sad did Jack jump swift hacking the people to tiny bits. Jack be nimble jack be quick. Jack jumped over the bones he tossed in the ditch..."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 08:11:47 PM »
In the woods by Vallaki those travelling can hear inhuman screams a large oafish man in grey scale armor dawning a worg skin pelt with head shouts in rage. Several bodies of wolves lay strewn across the floor physically torn apart. A few Hin size bodies cast aside beaten to gore one could catch on rare ocassion the oaf battling smaller folk a battle of a giant appearance. Those daring can see the end of the battle being one sided the giant of a man war torn covered in wounds.

"Jack hate pitics! Pitics kills Jack! Pitics hurt Jack! Pitics leave Jack alone! Bim not want be friends him not want cookies or pie! Youz steals from Jack hard work! Stealz cape! Make ajack look like bad person! Jack not care for pitic no mores me try been nices me try but me sacrifice youz to Mistman nowz! Me be strongest der is me be strongs no more hurtz!"

Strewns of bodies begin to be dragged towards the mist passer bys may find mounds of hin corpses made into walls of flesh odd animal like skulls strewn about them. Strangely one can see some hin. Orpses staked much like Count Strahd does for criminals. Locals of Vallaki seem to be frighten to approach the woods. Often finding the large man rocking back and fourth speaking to himself.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 12:35:44 PM »
Those who wander the crypt could gear enrwged screams. Jack had made a new friend a sharp little girl who he believed thr Mistman sent to helphim grow stronger. She was nice to him but she was a hunter much like him. He didnt like how the pitic May and Felix showed up with thier friends. He was feeding her tending to her he would soon do so again he needed power he wanted it to end.

Jack pound skeletons to dust. Squah zombies to grime on the wall. He was tired of trying to live by thier rules. Tired of the pitics always hurting him and taking away his things. Jack wanted to be above everyone ao no one would pick on him or bully him anymore.

Soon he will have his revenge soon he will kill them all...

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »
Tales as far as the Village of Barovia could be heard of Jack Wilson. The smith of the Village was told to have tossed a halfling out of the Sanctuary of the Dawn like a sack of potatoes to the streets after a long dispute of threats from either party. When the halfling  assaulted Jack it was a short lived fight even with a friend to aid the small hin. What was disturbing of the tale was how Jack was described to have strung up the hin much like the famous Strahd piking the poor pitic from the bottom up. Further rumor speaks he displayed the remains like a grizzly trophy threatening any who would stop him from bringing the hin to justice.

As it would play out the Garda stood by Jack and it is said the oaf of man was delighted and proud to see the Garda keep peace. Any who would dare challange the Garda would have to challenge Jack Wilson. To the surprise of the big lug on his rrturn to the Village of Barovia he was greeted with a mix of fear and respect men nodding to him and some Barovian children wanting to be big and strong as Jack. They say he quietly works at the forges humming a strange and frightening tune.

"Jack be nimble. Jack be quick. Jack smash the pitic stiff. Strung him up and display his bones. Jack be great in de mist. To be fair to be right Jack strung Jack got might. Mess with me and me break you spleen. Jack jump on your grave till you pay."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »
Night in night out Jacl slew the were rats with out remorse. He hung them in the putskirts for all too see. When asked he sadden saying it was for his little Jack who died. Jack had not seen Echo he feared the worst he spent the day mosy looking for a powerful cleric no2 who. Luld heal her. Try as he may he sat before the Mist talking to it which the Vistani thought odd and yet fascinating. For ours he would talk to the Mistman who seemed disappointed in Jack. Try as he may Jack knew he had to make amends even though he was suffering. Echo must be suffering the worst albiet Jack did kill +again a man accusing him of monstrous acts which he denied and broke for such bad speeches to his honor. Lige was harder and Jack was angrier.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 11:52:46 AM »
Days had passed since the lost of his adopted son. Jack had saved an infant from an evil shop keeper begging to be rid of the foul baby. Jack did not know why the shop keeper cast the baby to the wilds but as Jack followed into the night of the blaustien and its denizen beasts came to devour the morsel. Enraged Jack bore both his axes and cut down the beasts with little effort and a few wounds but he stood victorious over the bodies the sounds awakening some denizens as the burly man covered in a wolf mantle stared at them. It was not in Jack's nature to care for another life this time in his existence but the child reminded him of himself abandon by the people of the outlands and as child left to the whims of his mother. That kinship was the only life line to the child and it was for the moment the only joy and peace Jack had long since he butcher the Halflings who gave him ire.

Rumors abound that his killing of a Halfling in public struck fear in the community of the pitic let alone it was clear to many Jack was not a man to trifle with having both the gulls and the aid of the Garda. Many despised him and he did not care. many loathed and he did not care, but to their surprise as he carried a bundle in his arms even as they mocked him. The child enjoy being by the strung jack often chewing on something of his kills mostly ears be eat wolf or human. But Jack even in his limited wisdom knew intellectually he was no caretaker he had work and delaying work made those his customers upset. That is when the woman Echo a foreigner of procelin skin and raven hair came to his life.

For a time Jack's mental instability and loss of hope waned he began to feel joy coming home from work to play with Lil' Jack and his Nurse Aid Echo. For once in his life Jack felt complete felt whole. That is till disaster claimed what he loved once more and Lil' Jack taken from him. As much as he wanted to crush Echo's throat with his bare hands the pain the woman felt at the lost was like a grieving mother... like his mother.... Jack for a night was sadden by the lost but that did not stop him to head into the night to slaughter the were Rats of Vallaki roaming the streets. His time with Lucca Petrovich, Lucky the Rat Catcher, had taught him where they lived in that dark citadel and Lucky would be proud that Jack avenged his stolen hand and his son. Bodies the following morning of wererats or those tigans in half shifted form littered the Vallaki streets and outter walls speared in the fashion the great Count Strahd did to criminals with the simple words. "You hurt Vallaki, me hurt you" in the blood of the fallen.

For several days Were Rats, Gunderkite rebels, criminals, and outlanders begin to fear the enraged Jack. Days took their toll as a wounded Echo neeed a Cleric needed nursing. Jack wasn't smart he knew little of medicine so he worked hard to pay for a room at the Lady Rest and paid for Echo's care and aid. It almost felt as if he cared but Jack knew right from wrong. He knew Echo was in pain like him so he had to tend to her that's what his momma told him a "A man took care of his woman." and so he did. Vallaki saw Jack descent clothing wearing a mantle pelt of lion he killed in the desert during a job for ore with dwarfs. His Dementlieuse leather clothing to reflect a merchant status as his boss/friend Myrcella told him many times his armor would get him in trouble and if he were to sell to both lands he would need to show status by her side. Jack was reforming with Echo's guidance slightly he still hesitated to kick and smite pitics but he did not engage them in wickedness as he use too. As long as he had Echo he had sanity... even the mist man approved although Echo often asked who he was taking too. However behind this façade of a humble man growing the rage always lingered it always reddened when made hot Jack knew this and he knew in time his curse for killing so many pitic and things would claim him that was what the mist man told him before he brought him to Vallaki and the Vistani.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 06:34:45 PM »
Jack continued to working in the mines of Barovia Village lately he spent a lot of time thier working and training.  Life had slowly became dull he had been feiends with Echo a long time now he was happy when she was happy and sad when she was sad. But try as she did Jack knew he could not always be nice it took muxh of him everyday to not be the killer he was use to. He knew no good came being nice to people who were not nice.

Sometimes he thoyght Echo dumb for that to get herself hurt for people who would pay little heed to her. She had founs better friends than jack. The loaf hammered away at an iron depost angrily frustrated by that. It was his friend why did he have to share her? The only thing he cared about was Echo it gave him peace. Lately he wanted to serve the garda and the count he did not feel there was much left in business.

The people who came to vallaki were smarter and stronger. Business had been bad with fewer and fewer demands. He couldn't compete with the other smarter people. And Jack really misswd fighting he knew that gingrr was growing stronger so was that Abe as well as Jean. Jack wantwd tk be stronger and lately the mists in the mines were temptibg him.

He had not seen the mist man since he met Echo but when he was down here by himself did he appear. He whispered how Barovia needed him that the count would some day need him.  Jack wanted to be a proud warrior he didnt want anyone hurting Echo or bother them ever again.

He had.murser in thr past several halflings and ge still owe May and Rose for hurting him. Frowning as hammer and o5ick axe struck the deposit of iron the harsh chizeling shook the atone wall causing ripples in the smal pockets of water by his feet.

"Jack want be stronger.... Jack want Echo..... Jack nit want be weak no mores. It kill or be killed no more nice Jack.... no more bad people in Vallaki or in Village. Jack good barovian him show de Garda Jack can do too."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »
Two months had pass since last Jack sat by the Mist and talked to the Mist man. It was like speaking to a part of you that you tried to forget and yet it was always there to comfort you. As Echo had been unconscious for some time Jack had visited to make sure she was okay now and then and pay the priests in donations for her care but often he found himself disliking the Cultist letting dangerous Caliban and Warlocks to enter their places of worship. Offering excuses to not aiding or helping the Garda it was enough to make the would be Barovian sick with anger. Try as Echo might she was the only person to calm Jack down, give him a peace of mind, with out her the man knew he was going wild. Times were hard many challenged jack many step on the Count's land doing as they please. Jack knew the laws and wanted to follow but with the Corporal's defeat Jack surely felt the end was near. The Garda alone didn't have what it took and the Mist man agreed it spoke in vale whispers to him the more his rage let loose the closer he felt to the Mist Man in the mist.

Vroloks frolicked, people chastised him, the good were wicked Jack knew it was kill or be killed there was no way avoiding this one rule of the land. He needed to sell his wares and accumulate wealth, power, above all stand above those around him. He needed friends... Jack knew he was not smart... Jack was Jack and he was good in two things making things to fight and fighting. Grinning yellowish teeth he snickered as he sat in his chair in front of his crate. Many would think something was off about Jack they think him intimidating, scary, or dumb. But Jack knew the truth. They feared him they feared what he can do what he can be just like the people in his old home afraid Jack was too strong too powerful to stop. Jack needed to become the Juggernaut the Mist man says he could be. Molly had given him her blood a present to make him stronger but the Sun priest ISU said such things were bad that it would kill Jack. But what difference did it make? Jack was going to be Jack to protect his Vallaki, his home, his Echo he needed to be stronger strong enough to beat the Chief Fang and Ving, Beat Flametongue, and to beat anything that endangered his and his alone. Jack was not a praying man but he hoped Echo understood that she would be happy Jack was Jack he had to do what he had to ensure their land was safe.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 04:34:19 PM »
Dementlieu the oafish man Jack Wilson tirelessly worked hard at day building his camp site. Farmers and local passerbyers looked upon it with nervousness with its barricaded walls on a hill and combat dummies scouring the edges as if to ward off trespassers. Some wore clothing and bared tin armaments some painted with nasty faces. Children looked in awe as parents looked in fear as if it were the Falcovians already camping at their door. All Jack wished was to be left alone he had no desire to live in port in the fancy posh hotels with people he could barely talk too. Days before he once had been a proud barovian but branded and Outcast he was no more than a Womb Freak. Some nights he raged tossing combat dummies about and having violent fits of rage screaming in the night frightening any passing by or heard him as his great ax cut into trees and he worked feverishly to build which was his only respite. Radu had attacked him as he made a bond with Arthur and burden by his wares Radu caught up with him many times never relenting till he slammed Radu into unconsciousness. But none came to his aid, none came to save him, all but the man Audric bared his sword making demands.

Outlanders always outlanders breaking the law and though he was one himself Jack always obeyed the law, to an extent of what he knew, aided the garda, given them weapons and armors appeasing his foster family. But Rodica was dead, Dragomir was gone, and what friends he had... called him an outcast. Even in port he was an outcast made to dress like them so not to cause them fear. He was no more than a dancing bear like the vistani at market chained and tamed so he would not be killed. Those few days in the sewers he was chortled, heckled, assaulted but he knew if he killed but one more person the Garda would Exile him... even those who were good people to him turned their backs. The man's mind of the betrayal only reminded him of the days when outlanders use to threaten him, attack him, because he was wild. He had lost his love Fiona, his best friend Echo, his Dragomir, his Fox, what more must a man lose than his sanity. The days he was exhausted of his rage he sat in port or on the road trying to sell his wares.

Like the bear in the tiny hat of the vistani stall did Jack wear his suit. Smilling and waving to the Noblique such a fake smile they all had and their eyes never lied how they hated him, loathe him, "Beast". That stunned him that one of them spoke intrade calling him a beast in a suit. His nails were long, his beard unkempt, his golden and silver teeth shined, his mask hid his aweful face. "Beast." The words struck him again as the noble woman prod him with a fan. She demanded to know his wares and said such barbaric things were useless for port. But, she admired his woodsmanship in Armoires and chest demanding he come work for her house like some servant. Joachim Skrotter had ask him not to growl, not to bark angrily, to be civil. In his poor trade did jack speak and did the woman take offense chortling behind her fan at how preposterous a man he was to think he could be a merchant. With a mighty grip upon his chair he had made did he crush it in his bare hands and smile to the woman who scurried to her husband. There was a little gratification of her fear. Her pale neck teased jack's senses as he licked his lips and  curled up a unearthly smile.

Day now over did Jack Wilson lumber back to his camp. He recall two nights before how Imrae found him disarrayed and paranoid, he was in hunger, and disorientated not sure if Jack was there or in the Mist again. He had told her of Mollie and the little child vampires blood. It had kept him alive, it had made him voracious and he survived freeing himself from the mist with her blood. Even now he hungered for the flesh the supple flesh that made him stronger. The curse of the brute grew in his heartand he was yearning to be stronger. He would return to Vallaki more than he was and Jack knew he had to keep his promise to Teresca but he had to keep his promise to Imrae as well and not go to the Drain. Torn was the mind of the humble Jack fighting for the conciousness of not being the Beast. Were they both the same person or two diffrent people. He knew if they knew him truly they would kill him But, Jack knew they cared they were his friends they gave him "Redemption" that was what Imrae called it.

Laughter roared with a huge fire as he hunted n the city at night. Tales along the Marchand an Ovrier of a "Beast" claiming the lives of thieves and brigands dragging them off to be eaten. A Beast in a flurry of the darkest of night laughing and growling Rending them to pieces howling and devouring. Some nights thieves saw a wolf, some a bear, some a lion, and at times a man. Several thieves clung by the church of Ezra at night in hopes to keep the Beast away. Sme even claim it was a lone madden Falcovian sent to dwindle the poor so that nobles will fight in the war. To the many who knew or didn't it was just that a Beast amd nothing more an outcast of outcasts rendering flesh and bone sucking down sinew. Delightful was the taste of prey their screams and their hearts ached as one as they quieted down in the belly of the beast.