Author Topic: Disappearing Items  (Read 1707 times)

Song of Danta

Disappearing Items
« on: December 13, 2016, 11:26:16 PM »
A couple of players have reported back to me that their crafted items have mysteriously vanished.

Scenario 1: Samuel Sykes purchased a troll skin lined half-plate steel armor from my character. All of a sudden, they got the message that they'd dropped it, but nothing appeared on the ground. Their inventory was not remotely full.
Player should be able to post a screenshot here.

Scenario 2: One of the Baxter siblings (sorry, I forget the character name) had the same issue with a steel short sword. They picked it up from the warehouse, used it for a while, then it vanished. Inventory was not full, they were not disarmed, and did not drop it in combat (they were not knocked out or killed).

Has anyone else been having this issue?

READY_PLAYER_ONE

• New to the Mists
Re: Disappearing Items
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:35:51 PM »
Message of lost Steel Half Plate.

http://imgur.com/Ye2DlcQ

Occured while crafting in Dverghiem. Char was KD'd by the quake script while in middle of crafting change. KD closed crafting window and armor was no longer recognized on opening crafting window again. logged out and back in. recieved message of dropped item.

Daboomer

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 01:00:43 AM »
I had a jackals ring just dissapear on me some weeks ago. I thought it was just my inventory being a chaotic mess but i still havent found it  :lol:

dazza555

• Undead Master
  • Calibardbarian
    • http://morningstarani.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 02:13:04 AM »
Errant pock pickteer stealing your armour while you're wearing it?

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 04:08:51 AM »
Getting KDd by the quake script while crafting is what destroyed the armour, you can get a DM to replace that one. That's happened to me a few times, I didn't learn my lesson the first time it happened.

Dunno about the sword, though it'll be an unrelated bug.

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 04:18:17 AM »
I mysteriously lost two items some time back, but they were not crafted. I think both (at least one) happened while exchanging knuckles to potions.
I dont think my inventory was full, because then it would have dropped the potions and I would have picked them up and noticed any other fallen items. When I noticed them missing I went back to look for them but did not find anything. Though someone else may have picked them up, so I cant be sure if they fell or just vanished.

I'm fairly sure I would have noticed if they did drop however.

...Also one time a DM accidentally deleten one item from my inventory so that can happen too.

READY_PLAYER_ONE

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »
Getting KDd by the quake script while crafting is what destroyed the armour, you can get a DM to replace that one. That's happened to me a few times, I didn't learn my lesson the first time it happened.
Given the low cost of the item and it being relatively easy to replace, I decided to handle it semi IC. Story is my char was sleeping and 'someone' stole the armor. Replacement is already in the works IC so I already removed the post in generic asks to DM's. Thanks for clarifying the item lose through the quake is a known bug though. Live. Learn. Move on. :)