Author Topic: Fliers of a Concerned Citizen - Posters in Port-a-Lucine  (Read 2086 times)

A Concerned Citizen

• New to the Mists
  • "La Liberté est fugace"
Fliers of a Concerned Citizen - Posters in Port-a-Lucine
« on: November 20, 2016, 04:58:36 PM »
[Several handwritten posters have been plastered about Port-a-Lucine, along the streets of the Quartiers Publique, Savant, and Marchand. The script is elegant, bold, and declarative]

Spoiler: show
Mes concitoyens! A grave crime has clearly been committed in our sweet and serene Republique, and it must be brought to attention! Écouter!

I speak of course, of a murder most foul! An act of greed and deception! A title robbed, and a noble citoyen of Dementlieu placed into an early grave!

I ask you citoyens, and I ask you this with such anger and disgust in my hearts, but what really happened to Jacques Bertrand, the Count de Cantigny? Why must you hear this in published form first from a parchment by hand? Why is this terrible event not spoken of on the streets?

Because, my good monsieurs and mademoiselles, we have a despicable conspiracy festering in our dear city!

Bertrand, the Count de Cantigny, was married to one Edith Farthingale, a foreigner, a nanny, for only a few short hours before he was slain most foully! I bid you, think, good people of Port-a-Lucine! An esteemed noble, marrying a common foreigner of no social graces? No real position?

Was it love? No! By Ezra's name, no! This was a seduction! It is clear, if you think! This temptress, Farthingale, seduced our Count de Cantigny, seduced him with the aim of tying herself to his titles, land, and fortunes! And then, what did she do? Why, the foul succubus could not even wait for more than a few hours, before she conspired to have him killed, and claim his riches and station for her own!

From the temptresses own lips, have I heard her voice her disgust and hatred for Bertrand, how she was "overjoyed he was dead"!

Déplorable!

How can we let this stand? I urge an investigation, I urge it dearly! This is not a woman of the gentry, this is a murderer! A conspirator!

Take heed, messieurs and mademoiselles! Take heed, and correct this injustice!

- Un Citoyen Préoccupé

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:45:07 PM by A Concerned Citizen »

A Concerned Citizen

• New to the Mists
  • "La Liberté est fugace"
Re: Fliers of a Concerned Citizen - Posters in Port-a-Lucine
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »
[More handwritten posters adorn Port-a-Lucine in the Quartiers Publique, Savant, and Marchand. They seem to have sprung up over night. The script again is elegant, yet bold and loud]

L'employé étranger de Vardo provoque pandémonium!

Perhaps you, mon concitoyen, were one that witnessed the chaos in sweet Port-a-Lucine yesterday. Perhaps you heard the screams of the brave gendarmes as they attempted to protect the innocent from the forces d'arcance dangereuses that were used so recklessly!

I speak, of course, of the alarming actions of Mariska, foreign employee of the Red Vardo! I know those suffering from the chaos are still putting together the pieces, but we know what happened! This foreign company is allowed too much liberty!

Mark these words well, for you know that they will pass as I say! Nothing will come from this terrible événement! Punishment, if any, will be light!

Capitaine Elias Cal'Raheal will grease the right hands with solars, and it will all be swept under the rug! Let us not beat about this bush, let us not be scared of "indecent remarks", when they are the truth! Dementlieuse blood has been spilled, and foreign coin can not make it right!

We demand more! We demand real justice, real punishment!

- Un Citoyen Préoccupé

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:32:16 PM by A Concerned Citizen »

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 04:01:49 AM »
A small squad of particularly proud, stiff-lipped gendarmes makes a point of tearing down the "inflammatory" and "undesirable" notices, denouncing the unrest they promote. The sheer number of posters, though, is daunting and, here and there, in the network of streets, almost half as many as are removed are left to be discovered.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 01:00:38 PM »
[More handwritten posters adorn Port-a-Lucine in the Quartiers Publique, Savant, and Marchand. They seem to have sprung up over night. The script again is elegant, yet bold and loud]

L'employé étranger de Vardo provoque pandémonium!

Perhaps you, mon concitoyen, were one that witnessed the chaos in sweet Port-a-Lucine yesterday. Perhaps you heard the screams of the brave gendarmes as they attempted to protect the innocent from the forces d'arcance dangereuses that were used so recklessly!

I speak, of course, of the alarming actions of Mariska, foreign employee of the Red Vardo! I know those suffering from the chaos are still putting together the pieces, but we know what happened! This foreign company is allowed too much liberty!

Mark these words well, for you know that they will pass as I say! Nothing will come from this terrible événement! Punishment, if any, will be light!

Capitaine Elias Cal'Raheal will grease the right hands with solars, and it will all be swept under the rug! Let us not beat about this bush, let us not be scared of "indecent remarks", when they are the truth! Dementlieuse blood has been spilled, and foreign coin can not make it right!

We demand more! We demand real justice, real punishment!

- Un Citoyen Préoccupé

[In the dark of the night a slouched over, appearing old woman was seen tacking a few notes to the remaining posters that she finds.]

A Citoyen Préoccupé is right. A slap on the wrist is all that will be gotten. Sieur Elias, knighted criminal, has the Gendarmes higher members in his ill-gotten gold lined pockets. Friends in high places permit a man who peddles illegal goods, and deals with dirty murderers, to walk around our fair city. Around our children.

As a mother, the last thing I ever wanted was my child to get involved in the dirty, dark deeds that the Red Vardo Traders do. Yet, due to them I almost lost my daughter and it was through divine miracle that she survived.

I will stand and call them out for criminals, and for harbouring a necromancer, and likely illegal goods. When alerted to this, the gendarmes pass it off, and refuse to look or even investigate!

These so called "merchants" peddle more than wares. In the past, and pardon an old fogey for not remembering names, I had the pleasure of speaking to a former Red Vardo trader member who had fled after being made to torture someone! Yes torture!

With all that has gone on, do you really want such criminals, let alone foreigners given title and rank, to run free around your city?

I say no.

Know that as I pen these letters, I have sealed my fate. Death comes swiftly to those who speak the truth. But remember one thing:

"Justice comes not to evil doers by mans law, but your hand and the torturous path of fate."

When the law is in the hands of criminals, remember that not all is lost.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:44:13 PM by ladylena »
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 01:53:54 PM »
//All of these posters must be placed in-game.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 02:01:18 PM »
//All of these posters must be placed in-game.

//Intending on doing so within the next few hours when my laptop co-operates :)
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan