Author Topic: Typos!  (Read 56446 times)

Song of Danta

Typos!
« on: November 04, 2016, 03:08:18 AM »
I decided to make a separate thread to add to over time so that these don't become lost/drowned in Minor Bug Reports. I'll include typos, bad grammar, and unclear phrasing (or phrasing that could be improved) here.

ITEMS

Should be 'do', not does.

Ravenclaw is a type of bramble, earning its name from the slightly curled, pointy twigs that appear like the claws of a bird.

Its. Also, we're missing the word 'flavor' after 'delicate'.

What the heck is a 'lumb'.

CONVERSATIONS/NPCs

Demands for wood have risen, but the trees deeper inside Itu Skoven to the south are useless for construction. They rot too quickly, almost surprisingly so. Thus, we have to harvest what we can near the river and to the north.

You're and welcome.
Also, there needs to be a space after 'burn!'.

OTHER

The road from this point on has been taken by the weather. The lack of travel and maintenance has left most of it gone.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:10:22 AM by Danta the Deplorable »

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
Re: Typos!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »
Demand for wood has risen is correct. It's the demand that has risen. Demand have risen sounds weird. Edit: I think the last one is fine too, it's not a run-on sentence. The second half is directly related to the first half.

Edit 2: Oh hey I just noticed, the first one says demandS. So either "demand for wood has" works, or "demands for wood have."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 09:00:39 AM by Norture »

Song of Danta

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
The second half was removal of the (redundant) repetition of 'quick'. It flows better with 'so' at the end, which required the first word of the following sentence being changed to 'thus'. It's not really a big deal if it's kept the way it was, though. So long as that 'to' is fixed. Hiss.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:17:43 AM by Danta the Deplorable »

dark_majico

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 11:15:55 AM »
The ring of warmth description needs some attention, as soon as I see one I'll screen shot it. As does the camp fire menu, it says "Throw dirt at the fire". None of my characters would have any desire to "throw dirt at a camp fire" to put it out, they would just rather "extinguish the fire". Photobucket is down for maintanence currently so when it's up I'll upload.

SanneJ

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »
There are so many "typo's", I'm not a native speaker and even I see them, I stopped caring.
Merrum Twind: Sticking his nose where it doesn't belong for the greater good!
Ragnhild “the Snarling” Snarrigson: (aspirant) Shield of Dvergehiem.

Song of Danta

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 07:08:52 PM »
Then you can ignore this thread, too!
Some of us enjoy editing work.

:lol:

dark_majico

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 08:09:20 AM »
[/URL]

Currently the problem with the wording 'Throw dirt at the fire' implies that you are actually throwing dirt at the fire to put it out, which would be quit fruitless, and nonsensical. So I think 'extinguish the fire', 'smother the fire' or 'stamp out the fire' would be much more appropriate and correct.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »
I've fixed all those, except for the area description one (last one in the original post) since I didn't know which area it was referring to.

Song of Danta

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 07:21:13 PM »
I'll try and find the area name, sorry about that! I know it's one of the Retezat areas.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 01:03:36 AM »
It's the first Retezat area that attaches to the Wachter road, if that helps. Goes right into the side of the long road area before the Crossroads at the Estate.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 07:10:53 AM »
It's the first Retezat area that attaches to the Wachter road, if that helps. Goes right into the side of the long road area before the Crossroads at the Estate.

Will fix it.

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »
Uta Tomescu, leatherworker in the Village of Barovia, is now being referred to as 'his' in her dialogue;

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »
Uta Tomescu, leatherworker in the Village of Barovia, is now being referred to as 'his' in her dialogue;

Will fix it.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »
Can you report any typos in loading screens, spells, feats, abilities, etc?

dark_majico

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 06:27:14 AM »
Can you report any typos in loading screens, spells, feats, abilities, etc?

I've noticed that some load screens that have gameplay tips have too much text, so they cut off mid sentence. It's really hard for me to screenshot them though because my computer loads areas in seconds.

dark_majico

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 05:07:00 AM »
Two mistakes I have noticed, Fur Lined Boots, and Worg Fur Boots. I suspect many of the crafted clothing need to be examined.

This pair of boots has been made by the fur of a wolf.

This pair of boots has been made by the fur of a worg.

This is not correct, the boots where not made by a reanimated Wolf or Worg fur.

It would be correct to say...

This pair of boots have been crafted using the pelt of a (insert animal).

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »
Going to fix that.

A minor Glamour

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 05:18:47 AM »
The ring of the warmth could use an overhaul in its description, I don't have the item in my possession to type it out, but the first three lines appear to have been taken from the entry for the Ring of Lessar Warmth from Havvy Homebrew on the D&D Wiki, see the full description here...

Havvy's Homebrew

The ring of warmth makes the wearer feel a minimum temperature of what is necessary to feel warm. For example, a human would feel a minimum of 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 Celsius). This ring has no effect if the wearer is in temperature that is higher than what is considered warm for it or if the wearer is undead, a plant, a construct, or otherwise unliving. This effect is entirely illusory, though it feels like an Endure Elements spell of CL 3. This is a Mind-Affecting Effect.

Now if this is a players submitted content please don't take offence to this but what I feel should be corrected are the use of brackets, references to Celcius and Fahrenheit, the medical term hypothermia, and the structure of the sentences, it doesn't flow well.

My suggestion just going from my own memories...

This magical ring has been enchanted to protect the owner from suffering ill affects from the environment in cold regions, the enchantment works differently depending on whomever or whatever creature wears it, in that whatever temperature is preferred by the wearer they will always feel the magical warmth that the enchantment brings. It has been noted that some creatures who are capable of wearing rings, that do not suffer ill affects from the cold, receive no benefit from wearing the ring.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:43:24 AM by A minor Glamour »

peps

• Undead Master
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 03:00:03 AM »
Vicar Miklos of the Village of Barovia Morninglordian church states that (if you have a key for the dungeon that leads to the zombie champions and juju variations) the key may lead to the metal door on the "northwest" end of the building. However, it's the northeast side of the building the metal door is at.

Norture

• Still noobin' it up.
  • Dark Power
  • ???
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »
Berez, the yellow text by the meat smoking shack. Misspelled word is "comming."

Lion El'Jonson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 06:27:47 AM »

It should say performed instead of perform.

• New to the Mists
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »
A very minor typo and some missing text.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that there is an additional blank space(s) in potion of death armor: "a   magical aura"

Missing class and level in wrack spell scroll:

//Edited by MAB 77 - I'll correct this.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:26:17 PM by MAB77 »

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »
Missing class and level in wrack spell scroll:

Wrack is only a scroll, not a spell for any class.

• New to the Mists
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »
It seems that there's an unclosed color tag in the Watcher Steward dialogue, shouldn't be the part after [] in white?:

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »

This should be "like acid" I presume!