Author Topic: Stuck Creatures/Pathing Errors  (Read 27203 times)

Emomina

• Dark Power
Re: Stuck creatures
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 11:44:54 PM »
That actually happens sometimes, its a NWN bug not resolved by Bioware, and not specific to PotM.
You will have to get DM assistance, unfortunately.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 12:13:03 AM »
You can try putting the characters back to a drop-off (like a hill) and building a campfire. This usually helps to get you off ledges. it can be a little tricky, though, so try more than once before asking a DM for assistance (providing you aren't on a plot or something).
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

HoshaZilo

• Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »
There's a character in jail that is stuck in the "wall" of the wall,

Player Name: Jarec1512
Character Name: David

I'm not sure why but even relogging to work

Blight

• Dark Lord
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 02:11:19 AM »
I've been seeing a lot of Thieving Skanks morphed into the walls and floating above ground in Port recently.
Just another lesson from the School of Hard Knocks... PHD!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 08:23:26 AM »
I've been seeing a lot of Thieving Skanks morphed into the walls and floating above ground in Port recently.

Odd, can you tell us in which district(s)?

Feronius

• Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 07:31:10 AM »
Today, one of the named / wanted NPCs in the Port was stuck at the dockside, at the Quartier Marchand.
It was during the day and a lot of the NPCs didn't seem to have despawned, I can't honestly remember the exact name though.. they're all french.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 05:34:58 PM »
I will try to give specific rooms next time, but this tends to happen a lot in harvest and anubis

AterValeo

• New to the Mists
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2019, 09:11:48 PM »
I got stuck with my PC just to the west of the ladder at Strada Sobolan in the Valleki Sewers just a few minutes ago and DM Deceit graciously unstuck me! Here's the problem area screenshot:

https://imgur.com/WxL56Er

(Sorry that I can't seem to embed images.)

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2021, 03:55:11 AM »
Action server, Temple of Thot. Dont know if this relates to RP as well.

we had a run yesterday and we had many mobs stuck in the scenery. Grave robbers in the rocks at the entrance, mummy lord (which also casts a lot) stuck in the pillars in the platform section and a character managed to get stuck next to that when he jumped to the platform as well and had to get unstuck with several attempts of the seatme maneuvre, characters get stuck in the cave hallway walls leading from the shadow asp hall to the two locked door area in the ravine, grave robbers stuck in walls in the final room.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2021, 06:17:53 AM »
Action server, Temple of Thot. Dont know if this relates to RP as well.

we had a run yesterday and we had many mobs stuck in the scenery. Grave robbers in the rocks at the entrance, mummy lord (which also casts a lot) stuck in the pillars in the platform section and a character managed to get stuck next to that when he jumped to the platform as well and had to get unstuck with several attempts of the seatme maneuvre, characters get stuck in the cave hallway walls leading from the shadow asp hall to the two locked door area in the ravine, grave robbers stuck in walls in the final room.

I have got a patch inbound which adjusts a bunch of placeables to make it less likely they'll get stuck.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
Re: Stuck Creatures/Pathing Errors
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2021, 04:09:55 PM »
Bumping this thread for visibility. In order to keep the server's performance the best it can be under load and just in general, we'd encourage all players to keep an eye out for creatures getting stuck in places they shouldn't be across the module.

Please include the full area name, description of what's going on or a screenshot if you are able.

Thanks in advance.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2022, 01:33:27 AM »
I'm not sure if it's an issue or intended but the enormous spider in the brothel should be able to roam until the secret door. It originally got stuck in the first room now it gets trapped in the hallway.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2022, 01:56:56 PM »
I'm not sure if it's an issue or intended but the enormous spider in the brothel should be able to roam until the secret door. It originally got stuck in the first room now it gets trapped in the hallway.

Mostly she's supposed to stay in her bedroom, but I can reduce her size a little more.