Author Topic: Banks  (Read 2136 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Banks
« on: October 09, 2016, 04:00:27 AM »
I had a rather horrifying experience just a few moments ago, after years of not using the banks because of not wanting to waste a single coin on tax, i ventured to the bank to see how much the tax would be on 75k which i needed to set aside for something important.

I was rather surprised and horrified to find out once you enter the amount, and the npc tells you how much he is going to tax you there is no option to cancel the deposit. So once i entered the amount, and finding out i was about to loose 10500gp i couldn't do anything.

While waiting on a dm for some help i also noticed that i couldn't seem to find any stated account balance while i was pulling my 64500gp back out.

Is it possible to add another step in the process that gives you the choice to yes/no the deposit. And perhaps something in the combat or convo log that states "This is your current balance: ________"

System

• New to the Mists
  • Plays: Dansel Armitage
Re: Banks
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:49:13 AM »
I noticed the bank in Vallaki charged me two different tax amounts, one was only 2%, and in port it's 10%. I would have liked to see that same line of dialogue though, so I could have cancelled the other deposit. it also seems like you paid a lot higher than 10%. maybe there's a variable that changes it?

Dansel's Portrait
Discord --->  Systematic_Chaos#5638

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 08:56:29 AM »
The  Vallaki bank tax is based on OCR.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

System

• New to the Mists
  • Plays: Dansel Armitage
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 02:57:46 PM »

good to know, so i guess that is a number that changes? Also what is OCR?

Dansel's Portrait
Discord --->  Systematic_Chaos#5638

julienchab

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 03:06:08 PM »

good to know, so i guess that is a number that changes? Also what is OCR?

Outcast Rating. It's how the people of domains react to you, what they think of you. If you pick target yourself, you can see your OCR in each domain.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 04:20:51 PM »
I'll fix the conversations so you can decline.

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 07:24:57 PM »
Just leaving works too. Break the convo that way or by tapping escape.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 09:49:28 PM »
Dont think so? After entering the mount and hitting continue the combat log said he already took the 75k before telling me what the tax amount was.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 10:59:38 PM »
But if the 75K hasn't been substracted from your character's gold, you should be OK to quit the conversation and cancel the transaction, is what I believe Amon-Si is saying.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 11:51:59 PM »
But if the 75K hasn't been substracted from your character's gold, you should be OK to quit the conversation and cancel the transaction, is what I believe Amon-Si is saying.
yus

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 12:06:24 PM »
From what i recall, it takes the gp at the same time or just before the message of receiving your deposit and how much they are taxing you. Canceling before entering a amount would work yes. But the issue i had was it took my money and then just gave a message saying "we are taking this much ____, goodbye" without a middle step to stop and go "umm. . .how about no?".

But yay! we have such a option now /o/

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »
You should now be able to see the tax amount before accepting the deposit.