You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Item Request Discussion Thread v2  (Read 100991 times)

Ken14

• Undead Master
Re: Item Request Discussion Thread v2
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2020, 09:59:52 PM »
I like it, but it seems a bit much, even with the drawbacks.. There's certainly a risk to it with the damage weaknesses in.  I'm not the best at builds, and such, but what would the numbers look like with this equipped, and say....gobalski's, or brawler's belt? Hands of Dusk?  Same conditions, but a barbarian with uuuuuhhhhh....Blazing Berserker, I think the feat is called? Those are the situations I can think of off hand where folk try to make the most use of the proposed amulet.

Spoiler: show
Item Name: Death Covenant

Item Type: Amulet

Appearance : iit_neck_005

Description: This eerie necklaces seems to be made out of wires and shaped bones, a grimacing skull etched unto one particularly big piece. Legends say that long ago, an unknown outlander tried to bargain with Death itself, pleading to be given the strength of the undead. Sacrificing his firstborn, he was given this amulet.....But Death failed to mention the curse upon the amulet. For he who would indulge in unlife, would also share in their weaknesses.

The outlander was not long after slain by an errant fireball of one of his companions, the fire proving lethal. And so Death laughed at another soul gained.

Whether or not this tale has truth in it, various copies of the original bone necklace have been found around the core, and wielders cannot help but feel a faint chill on their backs when wearing one.....

As if watched by an anticipating force....?

Statistics:
Immunity : Damage Type Piercing (25%)
Immunity : Damage Type Slashing (25%)
Damage Vulnerability : Damage Type Fire (50%)
Damage Vulnerability : Damage Type Divine (50%)
Damage Vulnerability : Damage Type Bludgeoning (50%)
Material : Bone

Cost: 1751

Even so, those items would only migitate the downsides, it wouldn't outright negate them.

Gobalski's bracer/Brawler's Belt : 50% Vulnerability means that it helps lessen hits that are for 10 bludgeoning damage or less....And even then, you still got hit for the ten initial damage. As the damage ramps up, it just gets worse for you : A usual maul user hits for 12 - 30 damage on average.  With the amulet on, that's raised to 18 - 45 damage. Even with the DR, that's still an potential extra 10 damage on a regular hit.

Hands of Dusk: It would help reduce Divine Might strikes to normal damage. Average divine might damage is 5 to 8 Divine damage. Ramped up to 7 - 12 damage, a 5 DR would put it back around 2 - 7 damage.

However : Spells like Divine Hammer or Firestorm? Those will hit you like a -truck-.  5 - 40 divine damage for a regular divine hammer becomes 7 - 60. DR doesn't help much there. Considering how common both spells are in PvE......A legitimate issue with using the item!

Blazing Berserker : During the rage, you would not be affected by the fire vulnerability, yes. But you'd also have a 100% cold damage vumnerability. And if you pick the Frozen Berserker feat to cancel out the cold vulnerability, you then have the 50% fire vulnerability back during the rage. But again, -only- during the rage. If you get hit by fire when not raging, you're still as vulnerable as ever.

Also, something to consider : in PvE, it's not always clear what kinda damage a creature may do. Or, there's a mixed variety of weaponry, often times. In other words, a useful item, but still somewhat of a gamble.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2020, 10:27:55 PM »
I would not combine 2 physical damage immunities bonus on a same item.
25% immunity is way too much. That's a lot of damage you'd shrug off. I'd consider 10% at most.
Instead of an amulet, I'd put it on an actual piece of armor (armor, bracers, helm, shield), for the simple sake that its the purpose of armors to ward off blows.
Avoid Damage Vulnerability Divine, there is almost no critters to deal that kind of damage out there.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2020, 11:46:21 PM »
I would not combine 2 physical damage immunities bonus on a same item.
25% immunity is way too much. That's a lot of damage you'd shrug off. I'd consider 10% at most.
Instead of an amulet, I'd put it on an actual piece of armor (armor, bracers, helm, shield), for the simple sake that its the purpose of armors to ward off blows.
Avoid Damage Vulnerability Divine, there is almost no critters to deal that kind of damage out there.

Regarding Damage Vuln Divine, that's a serious concern regarding several cleric spells that are big ticket, as well as holy traps and the like.
DI is super strong, though, particularly on people who can combine it with DR.
Vicerimus Mortem.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2020, 08:11:35 AM »
I see plenty of hammers, destruction and fire storms dealing divine, all fairly fatal and popular.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2020, 11:59:09 AM »
Not saying it doesn't happen, but in npc monsters these tends to be localized in specific places. Now in PvP that's a whole different story, but without discarding it, pvp isn't exactly what I have in mind when devising an item. It's the PvE drawbacks that I consider first.
Best Regards!
MAB

Crowl

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
Item Name: Hadrian's Folly

Item Type: Cloak

Appearance : GreatCloak

Description: Hadrian was a particularly daring adventurer who managed to trick Death into owing him a favor.

He demanded that the Entity enchant an item of great power for him, something would make him the fastest fighter alive!

Sadly, in his victory, Hadrian forgot to be specific. Death did as he demanded, enchanting a cloak which made Hadrian supernaturally fast in combat. But for his hubris, Death also layered in a deadly curse. For while the cloak made him quick, it also influenced him to lean into incoming blows.

So it was, not long after, that Hadrian leaned into a blow heading for his neck, the daring adventurer decapitated by a common bandit.

One may bargain with Death, but tricking it is unwise. After all, the Reaper always gets his due....

Whether such a tale is true or not, several copies of this cloak have been found around the core, ready for other wearers to repeat Hadrian's folly....

Statistics:
Haste
Decreased Dodge AC : -5
Damage Vulnerability : Slashing (5%)
Damage Vulnerability : Piercing (5%)
Damage Vulnerability : Bludgeoning (5%)
Material : Unknown

Cost: 5491

This seems like an interesting concept but the penalty to AC should be higher; being hasted gives you +4 Dodge AC

Which would make the actual penalty for having an extra attack and being super fast for as long as you want just -1 to Dodge AC.
Playing: Maeldwen Erynaedh/Irach

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2020, 09:21:35 PM »
Item Name: Hadrian's Folly

Item Type: Cloak

Appearance : GreatCloak

Description: Hadrian was a particularly daring adventurer who managed to trick Death into owing him a favor.

He demanded that the Entity enchant an item of great power for him, something would make him the fastest fighter alive!

Sadly, in his victory, Hadrian forgot to be specific. Death did as he demanded, enchanting a cloak which made Hadrian supernaturally fast in combat. But for his hubris, Death also layered in a deadly curse. For while the cloak made him quick, it also influenced him to lean into incoming blows.

So it was, not long after, that Hadrian leaned into a blow heading for his neck, the daring adventurer decapitated by a common bandit.

One may bargain with Death, but tricking it is unwise. After all, the Reaper always gets his due....

Whether such a tale is true or not, several copies of this cloak have been found around the core, ready for other wearers to repeat Hadrian's folly....

Statistics:
Haste
Decreased Dodge AC : -5
Damage Vulnerability : Slashing (5%)
Damage Vulnerability : Piercing (5%)
Damage Vulnerability : Bludgeoning (5%)
Material : Unknown

Cost: 5491

This seems like an interesting concept but the penalty to AC should be higher; being hasted gives you +4 Dodge AC

Which would make the actual penalty for having an extra attack and being super fast for as long as you want just -1 to Dodge AC.

Agreed, penalty should be higher and I would an additional -2 Constitution modifier to go along with the damage vulnerabilities.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2020, 11:44:41 PM »
We will not add a permanent-haste item. I would not mind a charged item, but then again might as well just use the somewhat easy to make/obtain potions.
Best Regards!
MAB

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2020, 10:27:29 AM »
I envision this item as appearing exclusively in the hoard of dragons.

Item
Name:
Dragon Slayer

Base Item:
Longsword.

Description:
This weapon originates from beyond the mists, in the Outlander world of Toril. Dragonslayer was created when a king commissioned all the blacksmiths of the realm to make a blade that could slay a dragon. Each blade was then given to a different member of the King's Royal guard, who were tasked with eliminating a viscious red dragon that had been terrorizing the land. The only known survivor of that campaign, returned with this blade.

Properties:
Attack bonus vs Dragon +5
Damage bonus vs Dragon +1d8 Slashing
Massive Criticals 2d8

Item Price:
Around 7100

Reasoning
+5: By the time someone is fighting the mist dragon, I would like to think that they are in a party with someone that can cast greater magic weapon +4. So +5 gives the item a slight edge over that (in accuracy but not damage).
+1d8 Slashing: Durendal has 1d8 slashing, so this is in line with that.
2d6 Massive Criticals: I chose this arbitrarily. It could be something else, or nothing.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 06:13:44 AM by tylernwn »

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2020, 10:46:24 PM »
Hello! I've never done this sort of thing before so I could definitely use some feedback on some item requests I'm working on. I'd like to fill in some needs I've noticed for skill bonuses in the game. The descriptions and names are just quick blurbs for now. Once I have a better idea of whether I'm on the right track I can complete more detailed descriptions with item type etc. I have appearance numbers figured out already.

Basically wondering if any of these are wildly unacceptable, specifically the larger skill bonuses? I feel like these are all perfectly reasonable as there are items which give equal or more to the Perform values, while also giving spell resistance, extra spell slots, extra songs, etc.

I apologize if I've calculated these items incorrectly at any point.

Chansonnier Series
Inspired by: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chansonnier

My character is actually planning to produce chansonnier/songbooks herself, which perhaps could be a vehicle for getting these into the game, otherwise simply having them available at Marcel's in PoL makes sense. They are a classic part of French musical history.

Similar to the Trap book series, the books would go up in power and cost/rarity. It would make sense for at least the basic ones to be available in a music shop such as Marcel's in Port-a-Lucine, with the best potentially only being loot. The items would be Book-appearance fashion accessories.

These items are primarily intended for RP or for boosting the handful of Perform-based bard song abilities. I've based the values on what is already purchasable in-game. As far as I am aware, the max bonus from instruments in the game currently is +6, and is not difficult to acquire (combine Fancy Violin from Marcel's with Maestro bow or Fine-tuning on any bow). The Maestro's bow provides significant bonuses (two separate extra spell slot bonuses). Therefore, I feel that 6 or more Perform from these items is perfectly justified.

Chansonnier I is intended for low-level bards, with Perform +1.
Cost: 63

Chansonnier II is intended to compete with the more mid-range Perform items, at +4 Perform, it matches the Fancy Violin.
Cost: 1001
The cost could be balanced with penalties, but considering this matches the Fancy Violin in Marcel's Shop, I feel it's balanced.

Chansonnier III is intended to be the peak item, expensive or found in loot. With +6 Perform, it matches simply using a Fancy Violin + any upgraded bow. As a result it simply provides different flavor options so that not everyone needs to be a violinist. Similar parallel items could be made for the other instruments, to promote more diversity in instrument choice amongst bards.
Cost: 2251

Performer's Veil/Mask
A dramatic mask or veil helmet piece. (The appearance is a hood with a mask or veil). This item is included more for its Disguise bonus--as there are currently no items with Disguise bonuses in the game as far as I'm aware, but countless items with Spot bonuses.

Skill Bonus: Perform +4
Skill Bonus: Disguise +4

Cost: 4003

Performance Bell
Essentially another instrument option, there's an appearance for a cool bell. Two versions, one a simple prop with minor bonuses and another that is magical. If the idea of making more high-end instruments is considered fine, I'd love to put together one for every instrument so that musicians have more options (and not every single musician feels pressured to use a violin).

Simple bell:
Perform +1
Cost: 126

Magic bell:
Perform +3
Cast Spell:
Balagarn's Iron Horn
Sound Burst
Cost: 2514

Impresaria's Foldable Fan
Intended for dancers, singers, or non-musical performers. And an excellent prop for sleight of hand maneuvers, which is a skill that is woefully undeserved and great for RP.

Perform:+6
Sleight of Hand +5
Cost: 7563

Jingly Gypsy Belt
A lower-end version of the existing bard belt, which includes some suitably Vistani trinkets useful for performances, thievery, and avoiding trouble.

Hide +1
Perform +1
Sleight of Hand +1
Cost: 563

Akiri God Set Ring
Another item to assist with various trickeries that are not well supported in the skill bonuses of the game, despite their counters (spot) being very well supported.

Sleight of Hand +4
Disguise +4
Influence: -4
Use Limitation: Evil
Cost: 4550

Erudite Book
Useful for appearing more educated than you actually are.

Disguise +4
Sleight of Hand +2
Cost: 2251

Charlatan's Cloak
Designed to be turned inside out at a moment's notice, with a few hidden pockets. Can be folded into various styles for a quick chance of appearance or to hide a stolen item.

Sleight of Hand +4
Disguise +4

I've added up how many skill points these suggestions would add to the game, in terms of what would be additional on top of what already existed (therefore existing instruments would cancel out new bonuses). Items which take up the same slot could not be used together, so only the highest bonus is counted.

Perform: +4
Disguise: +16 (Keep in mind there are no Disguise items in the game yet)
Sleight of Hand: +16 (There is afaik only one SoH item in the game, the Mouse Gloves.

Since Perform does have some edge case combat bonuses (from bard songs etc), maluses could be added to some of these...though they don't appear on existing perform gear afaik.

Thank you for any feedback in terms of whether or not these might be acceptable. Again I do plan to complete them in the proper format but I figure it's worth checking first whether it would be a massive waste of time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 12:50:44 AM by Hathor »

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2020, 11:15:41 PM »
I'm not overly fond of Sleight of Hand items, but that's my personal preference.

Spot isn't a counter to sleight of hand, you see

As long as you can beat DC 30 for the  pickpocket attempt (this is a hostile action so you need to hostile who you are pickpocketing, otherwise it's DC 20 for non-hostile N/PCs), you receive the item or gold for the attempt. All Spot does is tell you that you are being pickpocketed, if you can even see the person with their far higher hide / move silently skill to begin with to identify who or what is even trying to do it. Spot is unable to prevent being pickpocketed, it doesn't work in that regard.

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2020, 06:09:29 AM »
I'm not overly fond of Sleight of Hand items, but that's my personal preference.

Spot isn't a counter to sleight of hand, you see

As long as you can beat DC 30 for the  pickpocket attempt (this is a hostile action so you need to hostile who you are pickpocketing, otherwise it's DC 20 for non-hostile N/PCs), you receive the item or gold for the attempt. All Spot does is tell you that you are being pickpocketed, if you can even see the person with their far higher hide / move silently skill to begin with to identify who or what is even trying to do it. Spot is unable to prevent being pickpocketed, it doesn't work in that regard.

I would have to agree that an influx of multiple SoH items would probably be ‘bad’, while it’s a totally acceptable angle of RP and PvP, giving players the option to easily surpass a bonus of 30 to SoH with little investment into the skill, the amount of pickpockets that crawl out of the woodwork would be insane I think, as any sneak would then have an almost risk free (always successful but they might spot you, and be informed) method of thievery from those they have reason to steal from, people they are in conflict with (both people opted into PvP), it might not be so bad, as willy nilly pickpocketing goes against the PvP rules, but just with mouse gloves and ‘another rarer item I won’t name here’ being available, throw in a skill focus:SoH, with dex bonus, and you’re already on the border of 30 at a mid level range. (with points invested in the skill)

Other than that, I think the disguise and variety of options for MH/OH for perform are very welcome! I feel the fan might be quite overturned stat wise though.

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2020, 08:11:38 AM »
Good points about Alright of Hand, I was considering it only in the context of RP, not pickpocketing. Thank you!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2020, 09:54:35 AM »
This isn't the place to post item descriptions, those go in the other thread. I suggest you repost them there and clean up the posts here.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2020, 11:52:53 AM »
Spoiler: Amulet of Hatred • show

-Item name: Amulet Of Hatred

-Item type: Amulet

Description of the item: This copper forged amulet with a red ruby gem in its center is known in Barovian local circles as the Amulet Of Hatred. It is said in the past a barovian hedge witch was filled with such hatred for non-humans local to their land that they fueled their hatred to protect them. While the amulet’s creation succeeded the local village they were near found out of the ‘evil magic’ they were performing and came one day to bludgeon them to death in mob fashion. By then though the creation was done and by happenstance another hedge witch came by later and found the notes for creating these amulets. Unfortunately their creation in numbers seemed ‘cursed’ these copies sapping the arcane magics, skill use, and echoing a great vulnerability to blunt trauma from the original creator.

-Statistics: AC bonus vs racial group: Caliban +1, AC bonus vs racial group: Dwarf +1, AC bonus vs racial group: Elf +1, AC bonus vs racial group: Halfling +1, Arcane Spell Failure +50%, Damage Vulnerability: Bludgeoning 95%, Decreased Skill Modifier: Use Magic Device -1, Use Limitation: Racial Type: Human

-Appearance: iit_neck_051

So this is a strictly worse +1 Natural AC Amulet. By a lot. I'm not really sure what the use case for this is - there aren't many enemies on the server that fit those racial types, especially not before you'd be able to find the general +1 or +2 amulets, and the drawbacks are crippling.

I think the lore has potential, as trinkets of Barovian make that protect against "monsters" could work in the same way that Falkovnian/Lawbringer items that assault them do. Barovians do prefer to avoid/ward against beasts of the night rather than hunt them, after all.
Vicerimus Mortem.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2020, 02:43:27 PM »
Spoiler: Amulet of Hatred • show

Description of the item: This copper forged amulet with a red ruby gem in its center is known in Barovian local circles as the Amulet Of Hatred. It is said in the past a barovian hedge witch was filled with such hatred for non-humans local to their land that they fueled their hatred to protect them. While the amulet’s creation succeeded the local village they were near found out of the ‘evil magic’ they were performing and came one day to bludgeon them to death in mob fashion. By then though the creation was done and by happenstance another hedge witch came by later and found the notes for creating these amulets. Unfortunately their creation in numbers seemed ‘cursed’ these copies sapping the arcane magics, skill use, and echoing a great vulnerability to blunt trauma from the original creator.

-Statistics: AC bonus vs racial group: Caliban +1, AC bonus vs racial group: Dwarf +1, AC bonus vs racial group: Elf +1, AC bonus vs racial group: Halfling +1, Arcane Spell Failure +50%, Damage Vulnerability: Bludgeoning 95%, Decreased Skill Modifier: Use Magic Device -1, Use Limitation: Racial Type: Human

So this is a strictly worse +1 Natural AC Amulet. By a lot. I'm not really sure what the use case for this is - there aren't many enemies on the server that fit those racial types, especially not before you'd be able to find the general +1 or +2 amulets, and the drawbacks are crippling.

I think the lore has potential, as trinkets of Barovian make that protect against "monsters" could work in the same way that Falkovnian/Lawbringer items that assault them do. Barovians do prefer to avoid/ward against beasts of the night rather than hunt them, after all.

The case for use was more for lore flavor, but honestly i could see this as a 'low level' useful item before a person finds something better. Hence my reasoning of making it.

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »

-Item name: Boots Of The Street Urchin

-Item type: Boots

Description of the item: These boots are made of thick warm assorted fur patches. This grants the wearer solid protection from the cold winters of Barovia and other domains. They are also well lined to avoid punctures from poisonous or disease ridden roads or other sources. However, their creator was a man who abstained from belief in the divine and this was reflected in their creation. Further the mismatched fur patterns that deliver their protections means they are often ill suited for situations of bartering or other performance related activities.

Statistics: Damage Resistance: Cold 5/-, Saving Throw Bonus: Disease +1, Saving Throw Bonus: Poison +1, Damage Vulnerability: Divine 5%, Decreased Skill Modifier: Appraise -1, Decreased Skill Modifier: Perform -1

-Appearance: Top: 4 / 1, Middle: 4 / 1, Bottom: 6 / 5]

Per the directions at the beginning of the item request thread, please include the item value produced by the module. This helps us evaluate how commonly an item may show up and potentially how powerful it may be.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2020, 06:04:40 PM »

Description of the item: These boots are made of thick warm assorted fur patches. This grants the wearer solid protection from the cold winters of Barovia and other domains. They are also well lined to avoid punctures from poisonous or disease ridden roads or other sources. However, their creator was a man who abstained from belief in the divine and this was reflected in their creation. Further the mismatched fur patterns that deliver their protections means they are often ill suited for situations of bartering or other performance related activities.

Statistics: Damage Resistance: Cold 5/-, Saving Throw Bonus: Disease +1, Saving Throw Bonus: Poison +1, Damage Vulnerability: Divine 5%, Decreased Skill Modifier: Appraise -1, Decreased Skill Modifier: Perform -1

Per the directions at the beginning of the item request thread, please include the item value produced by the module. This helps us evaluate how commonly an item may show up and potentially how powerful it may be.

Sorry i'll add those later when i get home forgot that detail

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• Dark Power
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2020, 03:03:35 PM »

-Cost: 3358

-Cost: 3079

Sorry i'll add those later when i get home forgot that detail

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2020, 09:01:41 AM »
Item Name: Gilded masters tool belt

Item Type: Belt

Description: The gilded tool belt comes equipped with various miniaturized and multifaceted tools for tinkering.

Statistics: Use: activate item, touch = ALL crafting stations, add the exception for the tool belt to all crafting stations.

Optional feature: Add the feat "Muse" for assisting other crafters.

Appearance: N/A what ever looks good for a tool belt

Cost: N/A not sure how to price a item with only a Use function

Not sure I quite understand this one correctly, is this meant to be a universal mobile crafting station?

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2020, 09:09:59 AM »
Item Name: Gilded masters tool belt

Item Type: Belt

Description: The gilded tool belt comes equipped with various miniaturized and multifaceted tools for tinkering.

Statistics: Use: activate item, touch = ALL crafting stations, add the exception for the tool belt to all crafting stations.

Optional feature: Add the feat "Muse" for assisting other crafters.

Appearance: N/A what ever looks good for a tool belt

Cost: N/A not sure how to price a item with only a Use function

Not sure I quite understand this one correctly, is this meant to be a universal mobile crafting station?

From what I understand, its meant to be an item that can be used on every crafting station. To work, this would most likely require many changes in crafting scripts, and just for that, I personally I won't be adding this item as I don't want to mess around with those script. I'm always a bit wary when it comes to adding bonus feat on an item.

In general, you should try to avoid proposing item that requires custom script.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
From what I understand, its meant to be an item that can be used on every crafting station.

Right. Its purpose (I think) is to avoid having to have an Alchemist's Kit, a mortar and pestle, leatherworker's kit, etc.

With the belt you'd always have every tool a crafting station required.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2020, 03:37:55 PM »
Not directly related but going here since this is the best fit:

The Blade of Corellon seems to be a very old two-bladed sword (and reasonably rare), and I thought it would fit the theme of the blade to add a small source of positive damage in addition to the other bonuses (which are: +1 Attack Bonus, +2 to Spot, +2 to Heal). I was thinking either a simple 1d4, or simply 2 or 1. For a blade dedicated to a major deity, it's a little on the weaker side damage-wise compared to some alternatives (like the Tempest dual-bladed sword, which does a 1d4 electricity damage in addition to a +1 enchancement). The Blade of Corellon is already much more expensive as a base item than that one, as well.

There are also very few sources of positive damage in the game, and maybe one or two more wouldn't hurt.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 08:34:40 PM by Vissy »
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2021, 05:21:45 PM »
Item Name: Corpse-Grinder's Whetstone

Item Type: Dagger

[snip]

Statistics:
50 charges
Blessed Weapon, 5 charges
-4 Charisma
Alignment Restriction: Evil Only
Class Restrction: Rogue Only

This item is trying to address the fact that Rogues can't sneak attack the undead in DnD3.x, something which was abandoned in most future iterations/editions.  IMO Rogues could do with a PvE boost and this is there to give it to them.  Giving them an item that offers charges of Bless Weapon seems like a fun way to bridge the gap.

The flavour might also fit Corrupt Weapon but Corrupt Weapon would apply to all targets, even PCs, and I didn't design this item to be used for PvP, as I don't consider Rogues to be weak in PvP.

Balance points:
-4 Charisma:  this is meant to dissuade Bards from using these items by hitting their spell slots, as Bards really don't need help but will have the UMD to use these items anyway.  I'd be tempted to hike up the penalty even more, but that might make the item too cheap.
Alignment Restrction: Evil Only -- Good rogues can party up with Paladins or resort to UMD.
Class Restrction: Rogue Only -- by design, this is the class that needs help in PvE.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 05:28:58 PM by aprogressivist »
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

mccarthy00

• Undead Master
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2021, 09:35:52 PM »
As Eos brought it up.

Hat of Disguise

+? to Disguise

//Look can not be changed

Not sure what a good increase to Disguise would be.