Author Topic: Item Request Discussion Thread v2  (Read 102725 times)

Hummer Guy (Birdman)

• Dark Lord
Re: Item Request Discussion Thread v2
« Reply #450 on: March 07, 2024, 11:29:11 PM »
https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=44496.msg814807#msg814807

Alot of people use Greatswords and very few use Axes/Flails. I've barely seen any good In Game items for greataxes either, so.

The best weapon in the game is a greataxe.

Spazzer

• Undead Master
  • Greater Spell Focus: Cringe
« Reply #451 on: March 08, 2024, 12:29:12 AM »
https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=44496.msg814807#msg814807

Alot of people use Greatswords and very few use Axes/Flails. I've barely seen any good In Game items for greataxes either, so.

The best weapon in the game is a greataxe.

I'll go out on a limb and guess you are talking about Fate of Traitors. People barely if ever use that in PvE because damage rules and many enemies have high will. It is also not that very useful in PvP in higher levels. I also see it vendored often.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #452 on: April 20, 2024, 10:14:20 AM »
Item Name: Dark Speak
Item Type: Kama
Description of the item: From the world of Eberron, crafted within the Demesnes of Shadow, these kamas have been passed down in honor of those ninja who had proven themselves worthy through rigorous trials by combat. Imbued by the alchemists of House Phiarlan, these weapons were made to make ones death quick, yet very painful, their edge dripping with flesh eating acid. A weapon of ill repute, anyone seen wielding these is certain to be frowned upon.

Statistics:

1d6 Slashing Damage
Damage Bonus: 1d6 acid damage
+1 Fire damage
+2 enhancement bonus

Decreased Skill Modifier: -3 concentration
Decreased Skill Modifier: -10 influence
Saving Throw Bonus: None
Use Limitation: Monk
Weight: 1.0

Appearance: TBA

Cost: In open market, 10-15k

Material: Mithril

A few notes here.

1) We rarely give Enhancement Bonus to loot drop weapons. By far and large we prefer to go with attack bonuses instead. I do not feel you need to add any here anyway. You already give it damage bonuses and that suffices. The enhancement bonuses are very easily covered through Greater Magic Weapon buffs or easily available magical varnishes that will make them +3. And that leads to my next point.

2) Taking out the EB on the suggestion would reduce the cost value and therefore allow you to tone down the penalties on the item. We try to keep away from items with prohibitive penalties. Items with a -10 to a skill are less likely to be considered.

3) You ought to pick more meaningful penalties too. An influence penalty on a weapon is pointless. Influence is never a skill used in combat making your penalty toothless. I think a -1 on Universal Saving Throws would be better for balance. You want penalties that will apply in situations where the kama is actually wielded and used. That means you need penalties impacting battles.

4) The cost does not refer to a suggested market value, but the actual GP value when you make the item in the toolset. Please be sure to follow the instructions in the Item Request thread. Make your item in the toolset before suggesting it. This will allw you to see what is possible and what is not. It is the cost value returned by the system that helps us gauge it's drop probability. Be sure to keep the item below 8k value else it will likely never drop.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Noah

• New to the Mists
« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2024, 07:57:28 PM »
-See MAB's post-

1d6 Slashing Damage
Damage Bonus: 1d6 acid damage
+1 Fire damage
+2 enhancement bonus

Decreased Skill Modifier: -3 concentration
Decreased Skill Modifier: -10 influence
Saving Throw Bonus: None
Use Limitation: Monk
Weight: 1.0

Judging by the description, this also definitely needs an alignment limiter set to Evil in addition to abiding by the 8,000 gold item cap.