You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80063 times)

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #425 on: July 08, 2021, 05:17:11 PM »
I'd like to see a stablemaster in Dementlieu somewhere, that will rent out non-rideable pack horses. It seems more fitting for Dementlieu than Oxen, and certainly more than Camels. As much fun as it is to poke fun, if you need a beast of burden in Dementlieu, you have to go to Har'Akir for Camels. The nearest Oxen merchant in Barovia is in Vallaki, and there is little chance of an Ox easily surviving the trip to Dementlieu, with the trip taking 30-40 minutes+ to bring home. Har'Akir is not only a 100% safe path for a camel to be brought over, but it is more time convenient to transport Camels to Dementlieu, than Ox from Barovia to Dementlieu.

Which is terribly ironic. Har'Akir isn't even *in* the Core.

I was looking at adding mules when I added the delivery quests but never got around to implementing them. I'll see what I can do.

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2021, 09:07:16 PM »
Now that Exhaustion information doesn't pop up on debug, would it be possible to get some kind of notification of just HOW exhausted our character feels in the rest menu? I'm not even asking for numbers necessarily. Could even be something like the XP notifications like:

"You feel fine."
"You feel slightly winded."
"You feel somewhat tired."
"You feel on the verge of exhaustion."
"You feel slightly exhausted."

etc. Just something so that I know where I'm at, roughly.

I know there's notifications that pop up in the combat log/over the character's head, but I still feel like the character would know the above information.

Dardonas

« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2021, 09:34:55 PM »
The ability to store Alchemical Essences in Alchemical Flasks like ingots can be with Miner's Bags.

Additionally, the ability to bulk craft alchemical varnishes with resin and essences.

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2021, 10:10:02 PM »
The ability to store Alchemical Essences in Alchemical Flasks like ingots can be with Miner's Bags.

Additionally, the ability to bulk craft alchemical varnishes with resin and essences.

+1

These would be major QoL improvements.

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2021, 10:54:19 PM »

Can we add the mass-processing of wood on the carpentry bench to this as well?

Dardonas

« Reply #430 on: July 14, 2021, 11:19:59 PM »
While we're on the topic of crafting QoL changes --

Make it so that alchemical reagents, charcoal, resin, tannin, essentially any of the crafting ingredients that you purchase, can be sold in stacks of 5 and 10.  The actual essences or crafted item doesn't need to stack, but having to click 50-200 times while crafting makes my hands cramp up after a certain point.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #431 on: July 14, 2021, 11:24:49 PM »

This is on my to do list, though low on priority right now.

Can we add the mass-processing of wood on the carpentry bench to this as well?

For wood crafting and varnishes alike, it is by design that they cannot be bulk crafted. We have no intention to change this, especially not for varnishes given their potency and usefulness. We do not limit the amount of varnishes one can produce, but it is on purpose that we keep their production slow and one at a time. Bulk crafting would also drastically increase the speed one can master a craft, which isn't something we particularly want. I would not mind bulk crafting if it locked the crafter into an animation loop lasting for an amount of time relating to the amount of components being treated, but this may cause performance issues and this too is best avoided.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2021, 12:20:42 AM »
I can understand that. With carpentry though, especially to get arrow shafts, it can take a good while to process the wood. Would it be feasible to go from log to arrow shafts with a design item (much like oak barrels use a design item rather than a template)?

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #433 on: July 15, 2021, 12:24:43 AM »
While we're on the topic of crafting QoL changes --

Make it so that alchemical reagents, charcoal, resin, tannin, essentially any of the crafting ingredients that you purchase, can be sold in stacks of 5 and 10.  The actual essences or crafted item doesn't need to stack, but having to click 50-200 times while crafting makes my hands cramp up after a certain point.
My kingdom for this implementation.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #434 on: July 15, 2021, 07:31:28 AM »
I can understand that. With carpentry though, especially to get arrow shafts, it can take a good while to process the wood. Would it be feasible to go from log to arrow shafts with a design item (much like oak barrels use a design item rather than a template)?

The same reasons as varnishes applies. Always keep in mind the larger picture, server balance trumps the quality of life argument. Keeping the amount of crafted items on the "lower" side is better for the server economy. Arrow crafting is one of the most lucrative crafts out there. It's a time investment that gives a very good return already.

On a personal note, I wholeheartedly agree they are a pain to craft, but the rewards are still well worth it. It justifies not changing anything here and aligns with the server philosophy to keep it slow.
Best Regards!
MAB

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #435 on: July 15, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »
"We do not limit the amount of varnishes one can produce, but it is on purpose that we keep their production slow and one at a time. Bulk crafting would also drastically increase the speed one can master a craft, which isn't something we particularly want."

From my perspective, this has little to do with slowing down mastery of alchemy, sounds wrong, and just makes for a very boring/unfun game experience.
Things could have very well changed, so I could be mistaken, but I recall the DCs for dissolving things into essence the be the more difficult DC, and where the exp comes from, once you get to say, level 25 in the craft. I'm wanting to say the DC for turning most things into varnish around the middle/higher levels was lower than the to make the essence. Example, greater hag heart has a DC 35, the essence they yield would have a 25, or 30 DC, to refine into varnish, and net zero crafting exp at that point.  So in cases where the raw item yields 3 essences, the DCs for resin yield zero crafting exp, after a point, but it takes 3 times longer to refine into varnish, depending on the number of raw things you start with.

The true slow down from mastering, at least for alchemy, is the scarcity of resources after you hit level 30, and the amount of exp you gain from a successful craft.  I think for a brain, I get around 30ish per success. It's been a hot minute, so my memory isn't perfect on it.

e: reworded some things so they would make sense. :-D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 11:56:30 AM by Kaninchen »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #436 on: July 15, 2021, 12:04:27 PM »
This a debate for its own thread. I still am in favor of multiplying by 10 crafting XP assorted with a soft cap to reduce grinding. Less time to learn the crafts, more time time to dungeons, still months to master.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:55:39 PM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dardonas

« Reply #437 on: July 21, 2021, 05:02:19 AM »
Please allow us to edit certain item appearances such as gnomish commando goggles and hat of anonymity.

Abear

• Dark Lord
  • You are not a human being.
« Reply #438 on: July 21, 2021, 02:39:48 PM »
Please allow us to edit certain item appearances such as gnomish commando goggles and hat of anonymity.

And the Helm of the Bat please. I'm begging.
Current: Sásha Kostoviç
Occasionally: Blair Florescu

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2021, 02:54:49 PM »
Our policy is that we leave the decision to lock an item's appearance, or not to, at the discretion of whoever contributed said item. Their look are sometimes as important as the function itself to the item's creator and we respect that wish.
Best Regards!
MAB

Abear

• Dark Lord
  • You are not a human being.
« Reply #440 on: July 21, 2021, 03:01:01 PM »
Our policy is that we leave the decision to lock an item's appearance, or not to, at the discretion of whoever contributed said item. Their look are sometimes as important as the function itself to the item's creator and we respect that wish.

It's very sad that the spot helmet is also based off an animal yet is allowed to be changed.
Current: Sásha Kostoviç
Occasionally: Blair Florescu

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2021, 07:26:04 PM »
Any chance of a confirmation prompt when using a firearm on a non-hostile target?

At no point in the rules is there really ever a time to shoot a non-hostile PC with a firearm. It would be a massive quality of life change for those players. Especially in dungeons.
Discord: Favee#4934

Bouquet of Lotuses

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2021, 07:41:14 PM »
Any chance of a confirmation prompt when using a firearm on a non-hostile target?

At no point in the rules is there really ever a time to shoot a non-hostile PC with a firearm. It would be a massive quality of life change for those players. Especially in dungeons.

Seconded!

It's rough that so much of firearms usage is based on player skill--it's incredibly difficult to correctly click on a mob of moving targets. Accidentally hitting an ally could lead to serious consequences, just like accidentally shooting oneself which was thankfully changed.
Else Dvornikov - Akolyte of the Tyrant

Church of the Lawgiver - Sign up for tyranny today!

Dardonas

« Reply #443 on: July 21, 2021, 07:56:42 PM »

I think if this is added, could we add some sort of tool that will allow us to hostile non-hostile NPCs/targets?  Hexblades, for instance, had a hard time against DM NPCs or NPCs such as animals that may not be outright hostile because they have to wait for the NPCs to turn hostile first before they can utilize Hexblade's curse.

Perhaps we could extend the function to the dislike function.

Dardonas

« Reply #444 on: July 23, 2021, 01:19:41 AM »
Allow Warmage's Edge to apply to Flame Weapon from Warmages.  It'll give them a niche buff that only they can give out for dungeons.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #445 on: July 24, 2021, 10:23:55 AM »
Allow Warmage's Edge to apply to Flame Weapon from Warmages.  It'll give them a niche buff that only they can give out for dungeons.

As per PnP, Warmage Edge only affects spells that deal hit point damage, which isn't the case with the weapon buffs (they provide a bonus to weapon damage but the weapon deals the damage ultimately).

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2021, 05:09:03 PM »
Allow certain areas to save/store placeables from the carpentry kit across crashes and resets, the rental system remaining distinct.
Implement a maximum carpentry placeable number per area to prevent misuse.

Soccorro

• New to the Mists
« Reply #447 on: July 28, 2021, 08:31:29 AM »
Hey there dear Ravenloft Dev-Team!

I would like to suggest Dummies, that give xp upon destruction once a day for members of the Garda. Since they are very limited in terms of aquiring xp outside of RP, this would help them keep up with the rapid developments and changes taking place at the outskirts and better respond to threats.

Regards,

Soccorro
Isabella Fairwood: World famous fencer and fashion pioneer, who guides those lost to mediocrity onto the path of perfection. Her intellect, grace and humble nature remain unmatched.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2021, 10:04:19 AM »
Add shipments from Dvergeheim to Vallaki and elsewhere. They import mining supplies, but seem to export nothing. For new Dwarves with an OCR above 12, they are unable to take courier jobs from Vallaki, and Dvergeheim would be the only local area that might accept them as kin and offer wages and jobs.

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #449 on: August 01, 2021, 06:38:31 PM »
Add a trash barrel to the herbalist hut north of Vallaki

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!