Author Topic: Systems Wishlist v2  (Read 80473 times)

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
Re: Systems Wishlist v2
« Reply #400 on: June 18, 2021, 08:43:38 PM »
I think it would be cool if Both Coldstones and Quarts crystals had some actual uses to them. Coldstones could have a use that gives fire resistance. Or let them finally be used to make electrical and cold varnishes.
Coldstones do have a use ... though you might have to do a lot of IC digging to puzzle it out ;)
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #401 on: June 18, 2021, 11:05:39 PM »
I think it would be cool if Both Coldstones and Quarts crystals had some actual uses to them. Coldstones could have a use that gives fire resistance. Or let them finally be used to make electrical and cold varnishes.
Coldstones do have a use ... though you might have to do a lot of IC digging to puzzle it out ;)

Bugger!!! Been here for years!! and never figured out their use!! less it is new.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2021, 03:44:07 AM »
Coldstones are great. Free air conditioning.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #403 on: June 20, 2021, 02:28:23 AM »
Line the centre row of your boxes of herb pouches with them to keep them cool.

Maverick

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • The Hanged Man
« Reply #404 on: June 20, 2021, 07:35:19 PM »
Trash Barrel added to the Krezek Outpost. One inside the Tailor shop and one outside somewhere, please!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 07:40:26 PM by Maverick »
Active Characters: Zlokrov, Danut Solinescu
Closured: Dorin Ratislav, Matyas Kovacs, Razvan

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #405 on: June 22, 2021, 02:55:57 AM »
@lfrp tag or @lfrp note to add a short sentence to your status in this mode.
'Feel free to send me a tell', 'looking for slice of life RP', 'native looking for friends', etc.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2021, 03:14:16 AM »
@lfrp tag or @lfrp note to add a short sentence to your status in this mode.
'Feel free to send me a tell', 'looking for slice of life RP', 'native looking for friends', etc.

+1

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2021, 09:29:14 PM »
A familiar/companion system for those classes that can summon them.

Basically the ability to 'unlock' various familiars and/or companions based on areas around the module. Want a winter wolf companion? Find one, and perhaps use Animal Empathy to tame it? Not sure what the equivalent would be for casters in that regard. This would be a nice touch for Rangers and Druids who use animal companions, though.

This would be for very specific templates. Not every animal or creature should be able to become a companion, obviously.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 09:33:06 PM by Iolantir »

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #408 on: June 25, 2021, 01:12:01 PM »
A bit of a bump to this thread; It would be nice to see slings and whips craftable through leatherworking. an immediate thought for properties would be a toned down mighty property compared to bows, being +1/+2/+3 for the tiers of quality.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2021, 07:26:21 PM »
It would be really nice to have the ability to roll multiple dice at once and have the result added up, with any appropriate modifiers, and to use these commands while seated as further quality of life. Dice games troll me a little because of the need to constantly stand back up and spam the chat viciously.

I'll add the ability to roll multiple dices by typing ie [2d4] or [50d6], etc.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2021, 07:58:59 PM »
Could MPCs/AMPCs that can shift have the option of writing things in their polymorphed forms. There are a lot of neat items in the monster store for setting up scenes, but you can't use the quill while shape shifted. It is kind of annoying to have to shift back into human form to write up an atmospheric description in the middle of a scene for someone, especially if you are trying to keep your non monster form a secret.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2021, 08:05:37 PM »
It would be really nice to have the ability to roll multiple dice at once and have the result added up, with any appropriate modifiers, and to use these commands while seated as further quality of life. Dice games troll me a little because of the need to constantly stand back up and spam the chat viciously.

Do you think a limits of five or ten can be a better idea? I can already see the spam of someone adding a number  and do 500 instead of 50 by mistake.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2021, 08:09:28 PM »

If it can be done in such a way as to show the individual rolls as well as the overall results, that would be awesome for the introduction of card/dice games in RP!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #413 on: June 29, 2021, 05:57:27 PM »
If it can be done in such a way as to show the individual rolls as well as the overall results, that would be awesome for the introduction of card/dice games in RP![/quote]

That's the plan.

Do you think a limits of five or ten can be a better idea? I can already see the spam of someone adding a number  and do 500 instead of 50 by mistake.

I'll cap it, maybe at 100 or something, mostly for performance reasons. It's spammy but no worse than a lot of other spam.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #414 on: June 29, 2021, 05:59:47 PM »
As discussed briefly with Arawn on discord some days ago, a system to save and retrieve quickslots;

@quickslot save spells1
(Saves the current quickslot layout as "spells1".)

@quickslot apply spells1
(Replaces the current quickslot layout with "spells1")

This would be particularly useful for caster classes who can't fit all their spells on their quickslot bar and may want to separate them in some way, i.e. defensive wards versus on-the-fly.

Spellbook saving and loading would also work super wonders for the community if that's possible.

We'll be adding quickbar saving/loading.

Dardonas

« Reply #415 on: June 30, 2021, 02:06:04 AM »
I cannot navigate the orphanage dungeon in Western Barovia without being inches from my screen and my tab key held down.  Is it possible to add some light to the dungeon?

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #416 on: June 30, 2021, 03:31:03 AM »
I cannot navigate the orphanage dungeon in Western Barovia without being inches from my screen and my tab key held down.  Is it possible to add some light to the dungeon?

I think the bigger issue is that self-illumination is virtually non-existent. You can have darkvision, you can have a bright 20m light, and it will barely be any different from having no light/darkvision at all.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #417 on: June 30, 2021, 05:19:23 AM »
A visual cue placed upon a successfully taunted enemy.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #418 on: July 02, 2021, 06:25:26 AM »
Add the tray item to some shops and the New Character area. As far as I know the only way to get one is to find it in junk loot spawns.
Spoiler: show

Dardonas

« Reply #419 on: July 02, 2021, 07:28:48 PM »
Add contraband vendors in the Drain and the Black Market that sell the following:

- Passionfruit/Passionfruit poison
- Opium
- Hookahs/Pipes/accessories
- Invidian Joy

As well as any others.  I believe Tenebris, Vetala, and others ran some neat Ravenloft specific drugs in the last NCE, such as the Invidian Joy.  I'd love to have more contraband for underworld RP and potential guard RP.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #420 on: July 04, 2021, 01:45:30 PM »
Can canes be sold at various stores for PCs to buy?

Maverick

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • The Hanged Man
« Reply #421 on: July 07, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
Add Blacksmith's Apron to Vallaki's trade crafting hall vendors. Feel like this should be buyable from all crafting halls.
Active Characters: Zlokrov, Danut Solinescu
Closured: Dorin Ratislav, Matyas Kovacs, Razvan

Dardonas

« Reply #422 on: July 07, 2021, 07:37:16 PM »
Add Blacksmith's Apron to Vallaki's trade crafting hall vendors. Feel like this should be buyable from all crafting halls.

On this crafting materials, charcoal in Dvergeheim.  It seems like an oversight that it's not included in the vendor.  Dvergeheim is the only place you can smith as an outcast.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #423 on: July 08, 2021, 12:05:57 PM »
I'd like to see a stablemaster in Dementlieu somewhere, that will rent out non-rideable pack horses. It seems more fitting for Dementlieu than Oxen, and certainly more than Camels. As much fun as it is to poke fun, if you need a beast of burden in Dementlieu, you have to go to Har'Akir for Camels. The nearest Oxen merchant in Barovia is in Vallaki, and there is little chance of an Ox easily surviving the trip to Dementlieu, with the trip taking 30-40 minutes+ to bring home. Har'Akir is not only a 100% safe path for a camel to be brought over, but it is more time convenient to transport Camels to Dementlieu, than Ox from Barovia to Dementlieu.

Which is terribly ironic. Har'Akir isn't even *in* the Core.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:27:28 PM by BraveSirRobin »

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #424 on: July 08, 2021, 12:13:08 PM »
I'd like to see a stablemaster in Dementlieu somewhere, that will rent out non-rideable pack horses. It seems more fitting for Dementlieu than Ox, and certainly more than Camels. As much fun as it is to poke fun, if you need a beast of burden in Dementlieu, you have to go to Har'Akir for Camels. The nearest Ox merchant in Barovia is in Vallaki, and there is little chance of an Ox easily surviving the trip to Dementlieu, with the trip taking 30-40 minutes+ to bring home. Har'Akir is not only a 100% safe path for a camel to be brought over, but it is more time convenient to transport Camels to Dementlieu, than Ox from Barovia to Dementlieu.

Which is terribly ironic. Har'Akir isn't even *in* the Core.

add draft horses please thanks
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.